One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-12 01:00:11

JackTreehorn

Expanded Killing System - Fixes for Current System.

Overall the leadership and new killing system update has been a success despite a few cases of exploitation of the killing mechanic.
I have put some thought into a system that would fix the flaws in the current killing system.

I had posted this idea to OnelifeSuggestions on Reddit, however as the subreddit gets little attention I have decided to post it here as well.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … ng_system/

Before people start saying it's too complicated, the changes breakdown into two simple changes.

-Solo kills as default excluding familial conflict. (instead of 60% super-majority of people within 30 tile range.)
&
-Posse size equal or larger than the targets number of allies for killing minority hierarchies within own family. (This has the ability to stop a tyrant exiling and killing the whole town.)

This is meant as an addition to the current leadership killing mechanic to fix flaws within that system.
I go into more depth on how these changes will affect game-play within my post on the subreddit.

Limit responses to those discussing this topic and potential improvements or constructive criticism of this idea.
Please make another topic if wishing to suggest your own ideas.

Eve Audette

#2 2020-05-12 08:50:57

Arcurus

Re: Expanded Killing System - Fixes for Current System.

JackTreehorn wrote:

Before people start saying it's too complicated, the changes breakdown into two simple changes.

-Solo kills as default excluding familial conflict. (instead of 60% super-majority of people within 30 tile range.)
&
-Posse size equal or larger than the targets number of allies for killing minority hierarchies within own family. (This has the ability to stop a tyrant exiling and killing the whole town.)

i agree with both changes. since the allies are already protecting there is no need for further protection.

I would add to allow to fight back against posse members, because then group fights would be possible without the need of having special complicated war mechanics also the victim would have a little chance to fight back.

Board footer