One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-08 14:48:33

Nika50501

Bottles should have more space in them

Bottles require fairly advanced tech to make and you need to be a specific civ type to make them and yet they are only able to hold four bowls of items and you need to get rubber stoppers (which is currently one of the most advanced tech in ohol) to move them around. Making them doesn't really make much sense since the alternatives, clay bowls and buckets, are so much easier to make* and can be made in larger quantities instead. The current most useful thing about bottles is that they help you drink wine, skim milk, milk and turkey broth for extra yum but as containers they are pretty terrible. They should hold at least 10 items to justify all the effort that goes into making them.

Also you should be able to put full bottles with stoppers in stacks next to each other (even if they contain different items).
*Clay is abundant
and you just need 4 milkweed+some boards to make a bucket

Last edited by Nika50501 (2020-05-08 14:51:22)

#2 2020-05-08 15:24:01

Ruben

Re: Bottles should have more space in them

OK but only if you can make bottles break.

#3 2020-05-08 15:32:26

Nika50501

Why would you want them to break? I'm saying that they aren't balanced compared to other items inside of the game. If they were to contain ten clay bowls of items and be breakable people would still be better off just making more buckets.

#4 2020-05-08 15:54:35

Lightning

Nika50501 wrote:

Why would you want them to break? I'm saying that they aren't balanced compared to other items inside of the game. If they were to contain ten clay bowls of items and be breakable people would still be better off just making more buckets.

i think Ruben was trying to sarcastic about the issue, not actually saying it a reasonable idea.

#5 2020-05-08 16:12:55

Arcurus

Nika50501 wrote:

... The current most useful thing about bottles is that they help you drink wine, skim milk, milk and turkey broth for extra yum but as containers they are pretty terrible. They should hold at least 10 items to justify all the effort that goes into making them.

the hole yum thing about eating / drinking something from different containers to get more yum sounds like little bit strange to me. is it a bug or a feature?

#6 2020-05-08 16:19:25

antking:]#

Bottles are great containers, because they can carry things that are usually containable via a bowl

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#7 2020-05-08 16:23:05

fug

Arcurus wrote:
Nika50501 wrote:

... The current most useful thing about bottles is that they help you drink wine, skim milk, milk and turkey broth for extra yum but as containers they are pretty terrible. They should hold at least 10 items to justify all the effort that goes into making them.

the hole yum thing about eating / drinking something from different containers to get more yum sounds like little bit strange to me. is it a bug or a feature?

Jason didn't feel like fixing it at the time so it's a bug that is a feature.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#8 2020-05-08 18:03:35

antking:]#

fug wrote:
Arcurus wrote:
Nika50501 wrote:

well as you know drinking mild from a glass just tastes differently then drinking from a pouch out of rabbit skin

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#9 2020-05-08 21:43:22

Arcurus

'antking: wrote:

well as you know drinking mild from a glass just tastes differently then drinking from a pouch out of rabbit skin

lol yea, in away its true, you not only eat the food, you eat the hole experience. hope that we soon will have then silver plates smile

#10 2020-05-09 00:00:53

SirCaio

Buff bottles!

#11 2020-05-09 03:05:54

Dantox

Can we talk about how empty bottles are stacked? They give me anxiety for some reason.

make bread, no war

#12 2020-05-09 05:44:29

Nika50501

antking:]# wrote:
fug wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

Wrong, they taste exactly the same but they have different nutrients inside them depending on which container they are in (scientists are still trying to explain where these nutrients come from but they are definitely there).

#13 2020-05-09 10:12:18

Arcurus

Nika50501 wrote:

Wrong, they taste exactly the same but they have different nutrients inside them depending on which container they are in (scientists are still trying to explain where these nutrients come from but they are definitely there).

lol, i have a new feature suggestion: In the end of the tech tree once you have everything imaginable, you can craft a super computer that gives you "random" answers how some magical stuff like magical iron and magical nutrients in different containers appear in of course an scientific way. and of course in the end he (ups...) she says the answer is "42" or was it 23? ...  Confused ...

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-09 10:14:38)

#14 2020-05-09 15:39:04

DestinyCall

cordy wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

Liquid Refreshments were suggested by DestinyCall (like the milk and broth pouch)

SO....it's a feature.

It is both.      The ability to drink directly from a bottle (instead of requiring the liquid to be poured out into a bowl prior to consumption) was intentionally added.      The extra yum applied for drinking a liquid directly from the bottle was a side-bonus related to how the game tracks yum.    In the same way that eating two halves of potato used to provide two points of yum and eating a berry from your hand gives a distinct yum compared to eating from a bowl of berries.    As far as the code was concerned, they are two different food items, so they are tracked independently.

At some point, Jason might decide that yum is too powerful and eliminate double-dipping.    But since it would require rewriting how the game calculates yum, it probably won't happen any time soon.   Much easier to justify it by pointing out that the milk tastes better when you sip it from the carton.

Board footer