One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-06 15:01:12

Catfive

So I just spawned as eve, first time since i came back in a year

I saw a bell marker so i ran for it - 1k away, i had a baby a few hundred metres in so I gave her the choice... she wanted to try the run. we ran onwards, i made baskets and we gatehred as we went until:

Coron Music you absolute star, met us in the wilderness and dropped us bags+food+clothes enough to see us complete the trip and reach a large abandoned town. Not happy with just giving us help to reach the town he came by again and dropped off an engine for our dry well and a knife for the kitchen an other life saving shit. Before my time was up I passed over stuff to my grand daughter and got first berry bushes restarted with help from her mum Chancee. she is still there now my grand daughter and abdul music just came by dropping off some kerosne. The Running family owe the Musics much love and thanks, I am not confident Eveing right now with all the changes since i played but this was one of those rare runs that is a story i will remember.

Thank you to Chancee and Hope, Coron and Abdul!

#2 2020-05-06 16:14:47

JonySky
Website

Re: So I just spawned as eve, first time since i came back in a year

you have passed the game without doing anything!

#3 2020-05-06 17:05:34

Catfive

JonySky wrote:

you have passed the game without doing anything!

Yes i completely shirked all duties for once pretty much but condsidering in the past i took great pleasure in rescuing dying settlements and spending hours just making things those settlements need I really don't care. this was a very different kind of life where someone else was the savior and i can live with that smile

#4 2020-05-06 18:45:54

Legs

I had a semi-successful eve run yesterday. It's a little frantic because you're used to being born, not popping into existence fully mature and fertile. So there's no time to wander and get your bearings before settling down. In that sense the feral pseudo-eve camps that people would make before the homeland update were a lot easier to manage. Not to mention the supplies you could bring.

Anyway, I found a fault line and followed it to the spring. It was dry so I looked for a direction marker to find a well. This lead me to a small pine cottage with a deep well out front. It looked like something you'd find on a low-pop server, somebody's pet project rather than a family home. I looked around and found graves with a couple different family names, and a corpse a couple hours old. A note in a basket next to the well said that it was abandoned and he hopes an eve would find it. Lucky for me.

My second daughter excitedly started typing to me in babyspeak. One. Letter. At. A. Time. Welcome to my home, she said. Apparently, that player had been born into their own pet project. I felt a little bad because that carefully manicured, pristine little cottage would inevitably become a mess of people now that I'd found it. Oh well, these things are made to be used after all. She took it like a champ and ran off at age 12 to collect goods from neighboring camps.

The first daughter had babies straight away. The third built a pen and got sheep. My son took a large deposit of flat stones and built a long road to nowhere. Grandkids expanded the farm while I smithed some tools and baked pie. That little kitchen for one got cramped fast, I wonder if they ever expanded it. I lived a second life there in the fifth generation then closed the game. The family died out overnight around gen 30. It was surprisingly fun at Eve's (stolen) Cottage.

Loco Motion

#5 2020-05-06 19:34:16

Catfive

weirdly enough, i am reborn into the running family again now and see my eve gravestone! going to enjoy this

#6 2020-05-06 22:56:19

Laskara

eyy, i was just running family, the first forty minutes of my life were nice

then ya'll got a flock of greifers having a gd greifing murder posse party

#7 2020-05-06 23:45:13

Catfive

Laskara wrote:

eyy, i was just running family, the first forty minutes of my life were nice

then ya'll got a flock of greifers having a gd greifing murder posse party

aye i saw we'd had a bunch of griefers, happens to most towns every US prime time.
Got a few in my other lives that we cursed into oblivion i'm sure but it's really not hard to work around the posse system with voice comms i reckon, especially with towns in such predictable patterns and  with one extremely complex part being so easily griefed (the engine). These people want notoriety, the game is extremely easy to grief in, they chose the easiest path.

I did just see a running female with baby on a bright note  as i was born to another family, so their grief wave failed to take the line down completely. fancy choosing the easiest way to play and still failing.. i think that shows you the standard of player running the 'organised' griefing.

Just born as Dante Running. My grave has been dug up but even running's bones are still here next to Chancee's!

Last edited by Catfive (2020-05-07 00:00:05)

#8 2020-05-07 01:23:48

Laskara

nice! glad to see the runnings still out there <3

#9 2020-05-07 13:44:05

Catfive

Logged in today and first birth was to the Running family, generation 55 <3

#10 2020-05-07 16:38:43

jasonrohrer
Administrator

#11 2020-05-08 00:35:10

Catfive

jasonrohrer wrote:

Just been there again yes the bloodline is still kicking. I tend to spend my female lives making sure cooking and babies are sorted out, my male lives farming until old enough then heading off to abandoned towns bringing back carts full of goodies. I know I didn't build the city the Runnings live in but it was abandoned by all but 2 males and we have been there 80 generations now. I took a gamble on giving us a good start and its paid off for 2 solid days so far, go Running!

Why Running 'I am running for a town 1.6k away baby, want to try it?' became 'I am Running' ofc

#12 2020-05-08 02:27:51

Jojigirl

Catfive wrote:

Why Running 'I am running for a town 1.6k away baby, want to try it?' became 'I am Running' ofc

I love when that happens! The names you end up with can be quite funny.

On low pop server, I had a child. I asked them if they had a town on the server, they replied no.  I told them they could take whatever they needed to help them get one started if they wanted, or they were more than welcome to stay and do whatever at my town. 

She thanked me, and I said "You're welcome" Her named ended up being Welcome. lol  Was quite fitting though, because she was more than welcome to do as she pleased there.

#13 2020-05-08 09:23:46

Catfive

Well 85 generations Running family, 85 gens of 'skipping the whole game' as one poster put it, I wonder what game they play? Mine was 10 lives in the same family in total over 2 days and only a game reset could stop us! I'm wondering if i should include the stories I lived there, might be a more interesting read, maybe later. It has been a hell of a return to OHOL and I have to say I'm not a fan of some mechanics (like the springs) but i get why they are done and I've met some new 'preferrred players' I always hope I meet with in my subsequent lives. I'll have to Eve it the hard way next time I draw that short straw and take on the extra challenge but wow, what a ride those 2 - 3 days were in Running town!

Board footer