One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-25 15:25:27

miskas

I Griefed a Berry Spreader, It was so enjoyable.

I am not a griefer, I have never grief before actually, but I might start to.

Born as Applewhite.
Early ginger town, Deep well running low.
Had pig and cow but no milk or carnitas.
21 berry bushes. No berries on them, all 21 Vigorous, cooldowns ticking to produce more though.
We had enough food, stews and pies.

A man Starts soiling the area over the berries. Guess what he would plant...MORE Berries of course cause all the others are in cooldown and there is no berry for the berry munchers to eat. I Quickly grab a corn, make Kernels and as the man tiles the 12-row of soil, I spam all the rows with corn!
12 planted corn Tiles! food for ages!
He was mad, and I was happy!
Milk, butter, popcorn and carnitas will feed this village and the berry munchers will evolve or die.

In which way we could force the berry munchers to stop eating berries? I don't care about efficiency just force them to change their habit and efficiency will come later.
The Goal is for the berry munchers to Evolve or Die.

Last edited by miskas (2020-04-25 15:26:11)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#2 2020-04-25 15:32:14

MrGold

Re: I Griefed a Berry Spreader, It was so enjoyable.

miskas wrote:

Born as Applewhite.
21 berry bushes. No berries on them, all 21 Vigorous, cooldowns ticking to produce more though.

A man Starts soiling the area over the berries. Guess what he would plant...MORE Berries of course cause all the others are in cooldown and there is no berry for the berry munchers to eat. I Quickly grab a corn, make Kernels and as the man tiles the 12-row of soil, I spam all the rows with corn!
Milk, butter, popcorn and carnitas will feed this village and the berry munchers will evolve or die.

In which way we could force the berry munchers to stop eating berries? I don't care about efficiency just force them to change their habit and efficiency will come later.

yes we will kill you for 30 days good sir
looks like the tables have turned
big_smile but yeah don't grief it's not fun
it just makes you a useless basted

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#3 2020-04-25 15:39:00

BlueCramberry64

You have done well kind sir. I don't think that counts as griefing. You did a good service for your community.

#4 2020-04-25 16:12:31

DestinyCall

Don't go to the dark-side, miskas.    We need you in the light!

My preferred method of fighting against locust eaters is to build yum shrines and preach the way of the yum.   Spread knowledge, so new players learn the error of their ways and become more productive villagers in future lives.     You can try to plant corn faster than they plant berries, but unless you EXPLAIN the value of dried corn, the berry munchers will eat your harvested corn raw and waste your efforts.

Give a man a berry, you feed him for a minute.  Teach a man to yum, you feed him for an hour.

#5 2020-04-25 16:29:17

testo

miskas wrote:

Born as Applewhite.

It is hard to resist the dark side. You are right: from one perspective you are a griefer, from another he is the griefer. Mission accomplished for Jason, drama ensues.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#6 2020-04-25 17:11:14

miskas

xaxaxa he didnt cursed me Mr.Gold and I tried to talk him a little. Talking is not always enough Destiny some of them are deliberately eating the same food over and over. But I agree with you, I always ask my kids if they know about yum and I use the 3 minute raisin time to explain them about Yumming and teach them how to make milk and yum it through Pouch.

To continue with my Cultural war experiences.
I Spawn again in this town after some hours, they had kept the Corn Farm big_smile
....the berries had spread sideways now though counting 32 in numbers -_-
I emptied the nine on the left, (always secured the bowls with carrots) and tried to fence them off to die peacefully but the fence had 1 little hole and after some minutes guess what. A Berry Spreader went all the way around to soil them and water them -_- YOU HAVE ALREADY 20+ berries god damn!

Sometimes, Testo, you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.
So I decided that These people need the shovel!
Next life I am starting a cult, The only berries in the town will be fenced! :}
The Culture war has started!

Last edited by miskas (2020-04-25 17:13:11)

Food value stats

#7 2020-04-25 17:41:21

Arcurus

lol the war of the eternal berrie eaters vs the yum people.
maybe inform that they are now out of berrie paradiese, looks like eve ate the apple finally.

#8 2020-04-25 21:08:55

miskas

The YUM cult has started!

Remember the berries I tried to fence off to kill them? After some hours I rejoined they had got a complete fence with a door and a trade box big_smile
I Inherit the property and I extend it for carrot storage!
Luke my worker helped me made it but he died from overwork in the process, Thanks Luke, you will be remembered!
I inherited to Jest also a Yum follower and she found a hier as well.

LONG LIVE the YUM! big_smile

Screenshot-3.png

Food value stats

#9 2020-04-25 21:45:13

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

curse miskas

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#10 2020-04-25 22:35:48

Legs

miskas wrote:

The YUM cult has started!

LONG LIVE the YUM! big_smile

I was the girl you passed ownership to. That was a great town, we had a few good people making yummy food and it all worked really well. Was really nice for a while. I taught all my kids to yum. Unfortunately near the end of my life we had a griefer in town, they slaughtered all the livestock and were still lurking somewhere when I died. People stopped working and got involved in the drama instead. The daughter I passed property ownership to was very upset at the breakdown of yum and trying to stab someone when I died. Hopefully someone reinforces the pen when it starts to fall apart.

Next life I'm a young kid walking around looking for a project, and I find... turkey. So, so, so many turkeys. Someone had taken a horse cart and spent a lot of time hunting. So... I started cooking. For the next half hour I fired the oven and cooked turkey. The cook died when I was a kid, and his apprentice passed the chef's hat off to me. I filled that whole bakery with turkey. Someone was outside at a taco station cooking up all kinds of yum, too. Burritos, tacos, carnitas, all the good stuff. After I completed the Legendary 10,000 Years of Turkey Challenge I'd worked up a mighty yum, so I took an axe and a cart to the swamp and became a YUMberjack. Chopped a bunch of trees and replaced the half dozen stacks of firewood I'd used up cooking. A milkman came around and buttered my bread: I drank his milk six ways for extreme bonus yum. By the time I was finished, I had a personal best of 25x yum chain. That whole life I only used up one bowl of water, to cook broth from the single lonely turkey that was there when I arrived.

So, it does seem like people are starting to learn little by little. Either that or I happened to play with a couple of especially pleasant towns today.

FWRZseE.png

Loco Motion

#11 2020-04-25 23:05:15

Coconut Fruit

Legs wrote:

Next life I'm a young kid walking around looking for a project, and I find... turkey. So, so, so many turkeys. Someone had taken a horse cart and spent a lot of time hunting.

It was me big_smile
Did pretty much this life, when I was born we had no water, but many buckets and a horse. Filled all cisterns with water from ponds, got all these turkeys, lots of wild wheat, lots of kindling and made about 10 hoes. Hopefully Jason won't see these turkeys, it could end bad tongue

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#12 2020-04-26 00:20:08

testo

miskas wrote:

xaxaxa he didnt cursed me Mr.Gold and I tried to talk him a little. Talking is not always enough Destiny some of them are deliberately eating the same food over and over. But I agree with you, I always ask my kids if they know about yum and I use the 3 minute raisin time to explain them about Yumming and teach them how to make milk and yum it through Pouch.

To continue with my Cultural war experiences.
I Spawn again in this town after some hours, they had kept the Corn Farm big_smile
....the berries had spread sideways now though counting 32 in numbers -_-
I emptied the nine on the left, (always secured the bowls with carrots) and tried to fence them off to die peacefully but the fence had 1 little hole and after some minutes guess what. A Berry Spreader went all the way around to soil them and water them -_- YOU HAVE ALREADY 20+ berries god damn!

Sometimes, Testo, you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.
So I decided that These people need the shovel!
Next life I am starting a cult, The only berries in the town will be fenced! :}
The Culture war has started!

Lol don´t mind me, you can break the full basket and then some if your eggs are berry bushes and or carrot rows.

I am willing to supply oil permanently to any town that needs it, as long as they feed less than 10 berry bushes and 10 carrot rows. Which in OHOL history accounts to 0.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#13 2020-04-26 00:58:32

The_Anabaptist

Just finished as an Applewhite.  There were large stacks of corn around.  Don't think many were using them to feed pigs or cows.  Was still a good town for food diversity, but it looked like it was starting to go downhill in the end.  Did see some black visitors, so maybe not all is lost?  Was building a road northward, hopefully people from the north can use it to find the town easier.

The_Anabaptist

#14 2020-04-26 07:18:24

Roosty knife

Yeah...
h9wRj2WZQmdSgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

Makin' Bacon Burritos.

#15 2020-04-27 16:15:24

Alterior

Relevant iconic player.

pleaseYum

Berry bushes are weeds, tear them up, set them on fire. Corn is the food of the gods.

Board footer