One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-17 08:34:14

Gogo
Banned

Jason can you delete my forum account?

I've uninstalled the game and maybe come back someday, but for now I'm done, I hope you will find a way to make people use properties and they will be ok with that. smile And for game I wish it will be well balanced, villages are not in great condition now, it's not in my taste to focus so much on preparing foods. Cheers and have fun y'all!

#2 2020-04-17 09:10:04

Coconut Fruit

Re: Jason can you delete my forum account?

Give it a try after the update. It may change things.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#3 2020-04-17 16:23:11

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Deleting a forum account is kinda messy.... the best way is to remove all your posts along with the account, but that of course destroys the context of threads, and loses history.

If I don't delete the posts along with the account, I'm not sure what will happen.  I've never done that before, and I'm worried it will make some kind of mess... 408 orphaned posts?

So, it's probably better to just leave the account alone, and have you ignore it for now.

If that's not sufficient, please let me know by email:   jasonrohrer AT fastmail DOT fm

#4 2020-04-17 17:34:43

Karrots

You could do a Tarr and leave your account details for everyone to see

#5 2020-04-19 07:39:12

Gogo
Banned

jasonrohrer wrote:

So, it's probably better to just leave the account alone, and have you ignore it for now.

Ah, ok, I thought you could delete it and the posts would remain, but with 'user deleted' instead of my name and I would lose the ability to login.

#6 2020-04-20 16:18:57

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, I might be able to....

But I've never done it before, and I'm nervous about what might happen.

The Forums give me a warning when I try to do that:

Warning! Deleted users and/or posts cannot be restored. If you choose not to delete the posts made by this user, the posts can only be deleted manually at a later time.

You see the danger:  if I delete you, and leave your posts, they will be orphaned, which means I lose the power to delete them all in a batch in the future.  I would have to go and delete them one-by-one, if I ever needed to delete them all later for some reason.

It just kinda makes a mess in the database....

I'm also not sure how the orphaned posts will appear in the forums, and it might "lop off" a bit of the historical record.

#7 2020-04-22 05:14:51

Cogito

Just reset their email and password attached to the account. They won't be able to login, but the account will be dead (and could be restored in the future if wanted).

Board footer