One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-15 10:08:36

JonySky
Website

What do we get with these "updates"?

Jason is not sure if he has noticed but these "updates" as you call them (I call them adjusting some numbers in a table and coming back next week) is causing OHOL players to get less and less involved in their families and be selfish and indifferent to other members

It is not creating content, it is not improving the game nor is it making it more exciting, it is only causing the eating task to be repeated over and over ... in a game that was already quite repetitive the eating task

Nerfing the food could have been done in many ways, but you selected the shortest, easiest way, with less work and more comfortable for you (only changed a few values)

The griefers are still loose from the game (surprising because we are only 50 players), child suicides have soared again, I have seen towns with the last whimsical girl saying that if there was no iron she committed suicide, and so she did ... there is no nothing that unites us to our family and a food nerf generates neither commerce, family union nor interesting lives

Players are only focused on creating food, this is more like the master chef game than a family survival game.

Sorry Jason, since the implementation of the rift you only dedicate yourself to changing numbers and values and do not generate new mechanics or new challenges, nor do you eliminate boring work, you are not even meditating on it, you only make excuses, defend your work and we He explains that we don't know how to have fun.

Not okay Jason, the food nerf could have been made in many ways and you chose the most comfortable one for you

did not think about pests, insecticides, winters and summers, greenhouses, good harvests and bad harvests, silos? seriously ... is this how you are going to keep "updating" the game, just changing some values in the tables?

you do not believe that creating a plague and creating the insecticide to combat the plague, is it better? ... and generates more game and fun for everyone? it can even promote commerce and family union

heladas.jpg
plagas.jpg

I hope you think about it and stop changing values without thinking,
remember that behind all this, there are people who play your game

#2 2020-04-15 12:14:13

Coconut Fruit

Re: What do we get with these "updates"?

I actually enjoyed most of my lives a lot after the food changes.
Yeah, a few of them were really bad where we had no iron and no iron veins and not even horses, very little food variety, bad farms and little water... But it all depends on players. Our past generations left us in place like this, shame on them!

Yeah, it all depends on players, if 95% of your family is useless whole life, then yes, you won't have much time for your family if you want to feed them. But if every of them worked at least a little and eat smart or at least decent, you would have plenty of time for your family and anything else, your fam could survive even ten thousands of years.

One person no longer can do everything while the rest of the family is sleeping whole life, and it's great. I was bored so often, especially in big towns. Now we don't even make it that far, lol, but only because there are too many newbies.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#3 2020-04-15 12:59:05

DestinyCall

Yep, Jason solved boring big towns by nerfing the game into the ground, so we are perpetually stuck in the early to mid-game survival loop.   

I'm glad you are enjoying the change of pace, Coconut Fruit.    But how long until this new style of play becomes boring too?    I'm already tired of watching villages starve over and over.

#4 2020-04-15 13:40:37

Coconut Fruit

DestinyCall wrote:

I'm already tired of watching villages starve over and over.

Yeah, me too. Something should be done with all these newbies...

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#5 2020-04-15 13:52:17

DestinyCall

New players entering the game is not the problem.    That's like complaining that your village is starving to death because we are having too many babies.   

We want new players.   We NEED new players.    The problem is that the current state of the game is not providing enough support for new players, so they become a burden on the experienced players, instead of being a gift to our community.   That is NOT the fault of new players.    It is unfair to hold them responsible for this problem, because they didn't create it and they are not able to fix it.

I expect that before too long, the game will stabilize again as the community works harder to support itself.  Or Jason will adjust a few numbers and the game will get a little easier for a while and the pressure will let up.   The current situation isn't enjoyable for most players, so we are strongly motivated to do something about it.     Either try new strategies until we find a way to make things easier or play a different game while other people work out the new meta.   

Meanwhile, I feel really sorry for anyone who just bought this game and is trying to learn how to play for the first time.

#6 2020-04-15 14:03:56

MrGold

Stonks of piles

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#7 2020-04-15 14:39:53

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

what we actually need is to have a small trusted group of people to play on smaller servers and therefore have no restrictions.  we don't need new players.  and some of these new players are just old griefers with new accounts.  the game is literally eat and eat....oh bear...how shocking....die...repeat.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#8 2020-04-15 15:37:58

Ilka

Well, I think Jason is really fed up with this game.
He committed himself, however, to weekly updates.
Actually, how much time does it promise to update the game?
I don't think so indefinitely?
It would be very unreasonable.
On the other hand, if he withdraws many players will demand a refund.
So does all this in a way that "you have it and do not bother me".

However, Jason is so exotic to me that I can be wrong.
If he really wants to create the best game of all time, he should get a little realism from someone.
And stop being lazy.
And listen to the players sometimes.
Well, I think that we will soon reach another bottom (as in the times of rift).
Maybe then the game will change?
I hope.

As for gooseberry bushes - it would be enough for each bush to bear fruit 10 (?) times and then have less and less fruit and eventually wither.
It would be realistic because the bushes are not live thousands of years.
So the plants would have to be replaced after some time.

#9 2020-04-15 17:07:59

Spoonwood

FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

what we actually need is to have a small trusted group of people to play on smaller servers and therefore have no restrictions.  we don't need new players.  and some of these new players are just old griefers with new accounts.  the game is literally eat and eat....oh bear...how shocking....die...repeat.

Really Fish, really????  If someone else were writing this, maybe I'd believe that there existed some unstated point here.

I guess you're just having fun writing such.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#10 2020-04-15 17:33:37

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Spoonwood wrote:

Really Fish, really????  If someone else were writing this, maybe I'd believe that there existed some unstated point here.

Is my purpose to entertain you? I can do that easily.  Look at the github report you made all about lil old me.
Anytime you want to rehash on old times, send me a message.

#11 2020-04-15 17:53:03

Spoonwood

Spoonwood wrote:

Is my purpose to entertain you? I can do that easily.  Look at the github report you made all about lil old me.

Well, let me think here.  When I was asleep or otherwise offline, you cut down plenty of trees including trees I had planted as pen walls, cut down rubber trees as well, killed sheep in everyone's towns, killed mouflon, walled in buildings, made far more reed skirts than needed, made a bunch of boilers, made excessive doors, and probably a few other things that I've forgotten.

I mainly mention this though, because you didn't parent at all.  You didn't build at all.  All you did was destroy.  You even acknowledged such by using your Eve name with the hash that you use.

Then when I told Jason about such, he just shrugged his shoulders.  I also sent him a few links, or tried to, to the relevant discord for further confirmation of what you had done, and how you had no interest at all in parenting or civilization building.  That's how little he cares about making a game that lives up to it's advertisement.  You could even further confirm that you did all that Fish, and had no interest in parenting or civilization building, and there would be no penalty at all for you.

Because that's how little Jason cares about the words he uses.

It's even clearer how much of a liar he is with respect to his product since he's done several things which inhibit civilization building... most notable the apocalypses which have nothing to do with civilization building, and just involve destruction, and there exist plenty of other ways that people could start fresh.

You aren't Bobo Bill, Fish, but there's another example of apparently someone who makes it publicly known that they have no interest in playing consistently with the spirit of the game *as advertised*, but there's no real measures ever taken to stop what they do (yes, I do mean that Bobo Bill is killing after the 'no solo' change), like the number of kills someone has throwing that person onto a different server permanently, or removing killing.

Danish Clinch.

#12 2020-04-15 18:18:14

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Spoonwood wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Well, let me think here.  When I was asleep or otherwise offline, you cut down plenty of trees including trees I had planted as pen walls, cut down rubber trees as well, killed sheep in everyone's towns, killed mouflon, walled in buildings, made far more reed skirts than needed, made a bunch of boilers, made excessive doors, and probably a few other things that I've forgotten.

I mainly mention this though, because you didn't parent at all.  You didn't build at all.  All you did was destroy.  You even acknowledged such by using your Eve name with the hash that you use.

Then when I told Jason about such, he just shrugged his shoulders.  I also sent him a few links, or tried to, to the relevant discord for further confirmation of what you had done, and how you had no interest at all in parenting or civilization building.  That's how little he cares about making a game that lives up to it's advertisement.  You could even further confirm that you did all that Fish, and had no interest in parenting or civilization building, and there would be no penalty at all for you.

Because that's how little Jason cares about the words he uses.

It's even clearer how much of a liar he is with respect to his product since he's done several things which inhibit civilization building... most notable the apocalypses which have nothing to do with civilization building, and just involve destruction, and there exist plenty of other ways that people could start fresh.

You aren't Bobo Bill, Fish, but there's another example of apparently someone who makes it publicly known that they have no interest in playing consistently with the spirit of the game *as advertised*, but there's no real measures ever taken to stop what they do (yes, I do mean that Bobo Bill is killing after the 'no solo' change), like the number of kills someone has throwing that person onto a different server permanently, or removing killing.

Sounds like you are incorrect.  Sounds like I did build.  Furthermore this is just old news and it only pertains to server 12 in which you play. Also find my tag the last time I played on server 12 which you are so obsessed with, When I play my main lives, I raise 2 or more children, farm, make tools, etc....I actually don't grief.....at all. 
You seem to think my game play on main server and server 12 are equivalent.  Maybe you just need some therapy to deal with this, since you were so traumatized by the one week I spent fucking with you (and haven't since then).  I'll send you an autograph, I appreciate my fans.

#13 2020-04-15 20:59:17

Spoonwood

Sounds like you are incorrect.  Sounds like I did build.  Furthermore this is just old news and it only pertains to server 12 in which you play. Also find my tag the last time I played on server 12 which you are so obsessed with, When I play my main lives, I raise 2 or more children, farm, make tools, etc....I actually don't grief.....at all. 
You seem to think my game play on main server and server 12 are equivalent.  Maybe you just need some therapy to deal with this, since you were so traumatized by the one week I spent fucking with you (and haven't since then).  I'll send you an autograph, I appreciate my fans.

The same boiler pattern occurred on bigserver2 a few days after I found it at Everton.

Also, no, it wasn't just one week.  You did so before in 2019 in May or June.  And it wasn't just me, either time.  There's an old thread about you by Betsst https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7059 , and others recall also.   

I have no interest in your autograph.

Danish Clinch.

#14 2020-04-15 21:10:39

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Spoonwood wrote:

The same boiler pattern occurred on bigserver2 a few days after I found it at Everton.

Also, no, it wasn't just one week.  You did so before in 2019 in May or June.  And it wasn't just me, either time.  There's an old thread about you by Betsst https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7059 , and others recall also.   

I have no interest in your autograph.

Sounds like you made an ass out of yourself and assumed.   it also sounds like again, you need therapy for the week I spent fucking with you.  it was fun and it pissed you off to the point where you had to whine about it like a little bitch.  What other evidence do you have other than me writing my name using flooring do you have that it WAS me exactly who did any griefing on BS2? I'm not talking about server 12 where I took up your whole world.....I'm talking about hard core evidence that shows I was the one griefing....when bobo was around at that time with his posse with gold and post.  I'll wait for your irrefutable evidence.....video proof with hash to back up your claim.  otherwise you just look like a bitter bitch.

#15 2020-04-15 21:53:06

Cantface

As a wise Amazonian woman once said; https://youtu.be/9t35TGB7Xs0

Breasticles

#16 2020-04-15 21:55:29

Spoonwood

What other evidence do you have other than me writing my name using flooring do you have that it WAS me exactly who did any griefing on BS2?

I mentioned the boilers above.  That was the other evidence.  I forgot that you had wrote out 'Fish' in flooring on bs2, but you speak correctly in that you did so.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... you deliberately asked for this conversation and then make up insults.

Danish Clinch.

#17 2020-04-15 22:03:50

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Spoonwood wrote:

What other evidence do you have other than me writing my name using flooring do you have that it WAS me exactly who did any griefing on BS2?

I mentioned the boilers above.  That was the other evidence.  I forgot that you had wrote out 'Fish' in flooring on bs2, but you speak correctly in that you did so.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... you deliberately asked for this conversation and then make up insults.

So you're evidence is circumstantial and not based on actually witnessing me do a damn thing.  Gotcha.  Also you enjoy talking to me otherwise you'd move on with your life.

#18 2020-04-16 00:58:34

Cantface

I just want to love games again.

Breasticles

Board footer