One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-14 18:51:46

MistressZues

LOTS OF BBS OUTSIDE OF HOME!!!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6114423  Just now I had twelve babies in a span of three minutes and I was three hundred tiles north of my family well!!! How the holy seven hells did this happen?! bug glitch?? I starved trying to keep my three oldest alive an get them home. When I was reborn I was also born to a girl that was no where even close to her home well an she had about six babies all about the same time as me??? http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6114426

I also posted this in the Bug Discussion forum. so @Jason lol any clue whats going on??

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#2 2020-04-14 19:05:55

Morti

Re: LOTS OF BBS OUTSIDE OF HOME!!!

MistressZues wrote:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6114423  Just now I had twelve babies in a span of three minutes and I was three hundred tiles north of my family well!!! How the holy seven hells did this happen?! bug glitch?? I starved trying to keep my three oldest alive an get them home. When I was reborn I was also born to a girl that was no where even close to her home well an she had about six babies all about the same time as me??? http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6114426

I also posted this in the Bug Discussion forum. so @Jason lol any clue whats going on??

Did you look around for another family well up there?

If someone from your family made another well up there, the area your family can have kids in would have been increased, from 100*100 to 100*200, the new 100*100 centered on the second well, which must be at least 200 away from any other well, when made.

KDY7JrY.png

#3 2020-04-14 19:15:02

Morti

All of the intersections on that blue square would be possible locations for nearby wells for the town using the well at the center.

Wg2m6cY.png

#4 2020-04-14 20:11:06

AmberA

I thought this happened to me as well, but I'm not 100% sure so I didn't post it. I thought I was homesick when I had a baby, then immediately had twins.

#5 2020-04-14 20:35:29

MistressZues

I was 100% Homesick when this occurred, I died right as I got into our +home+ terf. The other problem was I had no cool down from birthing. The last six of my kids were all born at the same time. As soon as I picked one up another popped out.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#6 2020-04-14 20:47:16

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Time to abandon all bebes.  no need to keep bebes when the next time you play it will be the same monotonous drivel.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#7 2020-04-14 20:57:55

DestinyCall

The obvious solution to this baby problem we are having is the construction of a pen with a domesticated boar trapped inside   Excess babies can be fed to the boars, eliminating mess and bone clutter around the village.

Meanwhile, excess pig meat can help to feed those who are strong enough to survive in this cruel new world of ours.

#8 2020-04-15 15:48:13

MistressZues

DestinyCall wrote:

The obvious solution to this baby problem we are having is the construction of a pen with a domesticated boar trapped inside   Excess babies can be fed to the boars, eliminating mess and bone clutter around the village.

Meanwhile, excess pig meat can help to feed those who are strong enough to survive in this cruel new world of ours.

I'm about there with this game lol these updates are irritating, race restrictions wouldn't be so bad IF!!! IF WE COULD STILL LIVE TOGETHER AS RACES IN ONE VILLAGE!!!

#9 2020-04-15 16:44:24

Coconut Fruit

MistressZues wrote:

race restrictions wouldn't be so bad IF!!! IF WE COULD STILL LIVE TOGETHER AS RACES IN ONE VILLAGE!!!

Why would we need race restrictions in first place then if we could live together, that would be sensless.
I mean, biome restrictions are just bad and I will be super happy if they will be gone one day.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#10 2020-04-15 19:01:38

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Sounds like a bug.  I'll fix it this week.

#11 2020-04-15 19:57:14

jasonrohrer
Administrator

I can't reproduce this on my test server....

Looking at the code for this, it's super simple.  If you're not standing in your homeland, you are skipped as a potential mother.

#12 2020-04-15 21:55:25

tobiasisahawk

It looks like server only sets everHomesick when transitioning homelands when the player isn't biome sick.  If that's the case, then the player could leave their homeland while biome sick and as long as they never enter another homeland they still will have everHomesick==false.  If they subsequently lose their homeland they can have bbs as nomads (since they no longer have a homeland and they never set everHomesick to true.)

I might be wrong, I haven't tested anything, just a cursory glance at the code...

Last edited by tobiasisahawk (2020-04-15 21:56:50)

#13 2020-04-17 01:30:30

MistressZues

Coconut Fruit wrote:
MistressZues wrote:

race restrictions wouldn't be so bad IF!!! IF WE COULD STILL LIVE TOGETHER AS RACES IN ONE VILLAGE!!!

Why would we need race restrictions in first place then if we could live together, that would be sensless.
I mean, biome restrictions are just bad and I will be super happy if they will be gone one day.

The original purpsoe of the race restrictions was to encourage us to stopp killing one another in war race raids. People were being racist and killing all families of a certains color so he gave the colors a purpose. .... Then it just went to far.

#14 2020-04-17 01:56:46

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Thanks, Tobias, will take a look at that bit of code.

Zues, that wasn't the purpose.  It was meant to engender trade between fams and introduce social challenges to the process of climbing the tech tree.

#15 2020-04-17 02:02:51

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, Tobias, it does work like that.... it's a very rare edge case, and that bit of code is complicated, so I will leave it.  It only has an effect in the rare case where someone only crosses their boundary when sick (or with emote frozen) AND then also loses their homeland (which only happens if no BB is born in homeland for a whole hour).

I'm pretty sure this is NOT causing the problem as described by Zues.

#16 2020-04-18 01:20:53

MistressZues

jasonrohrer wrote:

Yeah, Tobias, it does work like that.... it's a very rare edge case, and that bit of code is complicated, so I will leave it.  It only has an effect in the rare case where someone only crosses their boundary when sick (or with emote frozen) AND then also loses their homeland (which only happens if no BB is born in homeland for a whole hour).

I'm pretty sure this is NOT causing the problem as described by Zues.

Yea I havent had it happen since that one time lol but it was INSANE! lol

#17 2020-04-18 02:20:14

tobiasisahawk

I think you can insta lose your homeland if someone upgrades your well.  If that were to happen the only fertile females would be the ones who are outside the homeland and were sick when they left.  They would then proceed to spew out bbs until someone makes a new homeland.  It's a weird edge case and probably not worth fixing.  Might be what happened thought.

Board footer