You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-13 23:44:26

Dantox

Some QoL improvements i thought it would be great to have

make bread, no war

#2 2020-04-14 09:33:23

Ruben

Re: Some QoL improvements i thought it would be great to have

Is this the right thread to enforce the implementation of cocoa milk?

#3 2020-04-14 15:19:48

Morti

Here is your picture, for all to see.
8RXLbZR.jpg

The code for sharing imgur images, or images from any site, via BBCode, is

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8RXLbZR.jpg[/img]

Note the img and /img tags as well as using the url with image file type at the end, and with imgur, the i. before imgur.come/...

As for the farm tile idea, not bad, some kind of border is always nice for raised beds, IRL, helps divert pests and keeps weeds and lawn from moving into your growing area.

Flat grill with long shafts is a bad idea, the shafts would dry out and burn down and the flat rock isn't close enough to the coals to transfer heat while the coals continue to receive oxygen. In real life, if I were camping and wanted to make a nice grill area around my coal bed, I'd put three flat rocks, vertically, around the coals and put a fourth rock on top of them. Oxygen will continue to feed into the front, where there is no flat rock, the heat will be directed towards me due to rear flat rock and smoke and hot air, continue to rise and be reflected by the 3 base rocks, towards the top one. I generally wouldn't cook on a flat rock on top though, I'd use sticks as skewers and pot hooks, to cook food or boil water. Now, a fire on a flat rock, on a wooden stand, would make more sense than a fire, or hot coals, below a flat rock on a wooden stand, but in real life, there are a lot more scenarios, a lot more possibilities, in this game, as in others, breaking all those possibilities into more accustomed, more usual recipes, formulas and designs, is the overall goal. If you ask me.

Bones don't make good food for worms. Dead animals, don't make good food for worms, what does make good food for them, is the waste of all the carrion feeders that do feast on animal remains. Bacteria in a lot of soils, will break down bones over time, but it takes awhile, and it's best if they are weathered and bleached by the sun for many years on the surface, before getting covered by grass, leaves and other debris, then the decomposers can get around the bones and into the pores. The acidify the moisture around the bones and make elements like calcium and phosphorous, readily available for plants and mycorrhizal fungi. Then, when the plants and fungi begin to decay and break down, the worms enjoy their remains.
Worms, in this case the kind you want for fishing and decomposing, will not hang around corpses. They're just not attracted to them, not until after vultures, coyotes, flies and, lastly, fungi and pants, have had all had their share. And all the while the microorganisms, are feasting off the corpse, finding homes in the carrion feeders and continuing to break everything down, that nothing else wants.

Worms want decaying plant material, or better yet, the microorganisms that live on it. They farm them in their guts. Warm, moist, yeast, bacteria, fungi and algae, all coexisting in the microcosmic soup of each droplet of water.

Plant material, is what should go in a compost bin.

Animal bodies are their own matter; ours included.
We must not be afraid to look upon our own mortality lest we never overcome it and get on with our lives; falling like dominoes in the playroom of a phoenix.
Serve your purpose in your fall.
The future rises before the past.

#4 2020-04-14 15:27:55

Morti

Ruben wrote:

Is this the right thread to enforce the implementation of cocoa milk?

Every thread, is a good thread, to insist, that cacao plants grow in jungles, and from them, we can have chocolate cake, chocolate milk, and deliciously hot chocolate.
Let no thread go undisturbed, by the absence, of chocolate, in all the world.

Board footer