I Have a Question For Everyone

Have I ever told you I love you?

smile

#2 2020-03-24 17:27:22

Aurora Aurora

Re: I Have a Question For Everyone

Oh yes, baby wink

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#3 2020-03-24 18:09:07

Jojigirl

We love you too Morti

#4 2020-03-24 19:50:39

Morti

I haven't been an Eve in a very long time, but today, I got to see the Sol on Hetuw's mod's list of players on the server.
You don't know how good that makes me feel.

I spawned southwest of the town one the highway, the big one with the castle that just ran out of water.

There is oil so close to it to the south. I was working on a little snow fort in the tundra, I was going to fish, get oil, maybe get some fish oil. I always accept the life I'm given, I never /die, so, if I want to work in the snow I can generally only do so once every four hours. Then, when I was expecting to spawn as a ginger, I got to be Eve. It was quite a shock. Feels like 6 months since I've been an Eve.

I'd love to tell you the whole story, but I put a lot work into the highway today. It was less than a thousand meter stretch, but I went almost exclusively north of the highway for flat rocks, since 3 of the 4 occupied towns were south of the road, and the other was basically on it. Then the last 6 hours of playing today, were being Eve Sol, and starting that town on the highway from nothing but a cart of scrap metal, some left over ruins that existed before the road, and free natural spring... oh, and you. Venus, Terra, Luna; time and time again, you meant the worlds to me.

--

I've thought about this post so much, and am so tired, that I fell asleep at the keyboard for an hour, just woke up and I still can't finish it.
I feel like a quiet senior citizen, with a permagrin, fueled by a head full, of a lifetime of wonderful memories.

- This game'll really get to ya, if you let it.

Good work everyone.
Every member of the Sol family,
every player of this game;
everyone that's ever started a town,
everyone that kept a family alive.

Understand how wonderful you are.

#5 2020-03-24 20:04:34

Spoonwood

Morti wrote:

Feels like 6 months since I've been an Eve.

More like 2 months... unless this is an impostor/someone with your style: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5791881

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#6 2020-03-24 20:05:33

Jojigirl

I love finding newer camps while I'm gathering.. If my family is pretty well off, I will start bringing the newer family stuff I find to help them get going.. I start off first with clothes, BPs, food and basic steel tools. I just lived a life, gathered up clothes for my family because we were starting to run low, brought back a bunch and two loose horses with carts.. 

My last trip out, I was about 40. I found a newer white family starting up.  I ran around gathering things for them, it really helped them expand the town pretty quickly.. I died there and left them my clothes and my horse so that they could gather what they need easily..  It was a nice spot for them though, about .20k north was a long road that leads to many abandoned/dead towns. My camp (the Tans) was just .30k south from them.

Last edited by Jojigirl (2020-03-24 20:08:00)

#7 2020-03-24 20:40:25

Morti

Jojigirl wrote:

It was a nice spot for them though, about .20k north was a long road that leads to many abandoned/dead towns. My camp (the Tans) was just .30k south from them.

That's my road, The Tarr Highway. I'll try to work on it as I can, going all the way back to the center of the map, where the monument is.

Branching that out in all 8 directions would have been fun, but, we're not spiraling around the center, we're just, kinda, drifting, in the Eve Wind; Westwest, West, Southwest.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ top right icon, looks like a stack of papers, click that, select graticule, and on the left you see y's, 40, 0 , -40, well, that road IS -1 y, from 0,0 all the way, now, to... what, like, -6400 already? and I've maybe put in 4000 flat rocks into it, in a 2500 stretch from the center, 1000 east of yesterdays castle town that never managed oil, or the castle, and about 500 flat rocks in between those two stretches, and after the castle town. Sometimes it's not easy to get myself to keep this up. But then I think about some old man, in a rocking chair on his porch, staring out at the only road leading to his property, and how that same spot, that piece of property, can become a Metropolis, and that old mans driveway, a 16 lane highway.

I wish I could keep up with the Eve Wind, then, I'd have more time to help you all with your towns, and with your needs. But I want this artery to the heart of the world, the origin, of our universal grid.

Imagine this, if it's finished, there will be a day when a person can start at one end of it, and run a whole life, ride, nearly a whole life, drive, nearly a whole life, and make it to the center, just before they die. It'll be the dream life, of the most archeologically adventurous, time travelling roadnauts.
Is there an airport in the center? Better make one, before it's so far away, we can never leapfrog from plane to car, to get there, again.

Or there is a complete wipe and we start over at 0,0 again in 6 months, but just imagine...
if the past, was always back there,
waiting for us,
rocking,
on his porch.

#8 2020-03-24 20:57:43

antking:]#

I have a question for you Morti

What is Love?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#9 2020-03-24 20:59:55

Jojigirl

I for one appreciate the road very much. Being a gatherer, explorer and one who likes going and getting other towns what my skin tone can get them, it helps a lot with me knowing where I am, where other towns are, where abandoned towns are and where certain goods are..

That road gives me a ton of information to make the most out of my gathering/helping life! smile I don't use Hetuw (thinking about learning the controls to it though for the saved cords.)  I do use Awbz, the road is kind of like my Hetuw on keeping track of where certain things are.

#10 2020-03-24 21:01:49

Morti

Spoonwood wrote:
Morti wrote:

Feels like 6 months since I've been an Eve.

More like 2 months... unless this is an impostor/someone with your style: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5791881

That's hilarious spoon, that you'd link to someone using the last name Neptune.

It reminds me of when Jason first added naming to the game, and I was trying to come up with some easy, go to, convention for names.
I was so glad the planets worked when I found it.
Mercury, Venus
(Earth was a tricky one, but Luna came with Terra, naturally)
Mars, Jupiter, Saturn
Uranus ruined it, it goes to the name Urban? I think?
and Neptune becomes Nephi, are you kidding me?
More adults, name their kids, Nephi, than Neptune?
I always thought Neptune would be a badass name!

I wish I could have been a Neptune...

Spoon, ever since I started naming my kids after planets, I chose the Eve name, Sol, for the Sun. We're like children, of our star, tagging along with it through the mall, of the galaxy.

#11 2020-03-24 22:13:37

Morti

antking:]# wrote:

I have a question for you Morti

What is Love?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I

Thank you, ant.
Made me look for a reply on this page.
I couldn't pick one. I probably saw all those, the hour, the day, or the week they were uploaded for the first time.

But I will, say this. Love, is something that makes you forget everything else.
There is a whole universe out there, waiting for us, yet, we forget, because we are in love, with everything there is, here on Earth.
There are thousands of games, yet we forget, when we are in love, with One Life.
And there are billions of people, yet you forget, when you are love, with just one.

Love is captivating.
It brings you, into focus.
It guides you through the night, like a star in the sky.

--

or I could just say it's oxytocin.

But we know, there is so much more to love, on this scale.
Oxytocin, is the grains of sand, where love, is a beach.
It is a single organism, where love, is all of life.
Oxytocin, is the stars, where love, love is seeing a hundred Hubble Deep Field images, behind every Moon-sized patch of sky.

690958main_p1237a1.jpg

#12 2020-03-24 23:11:28

Jojigirl

Morti wrote:

--
or I could just say it's oxytocin.

My mind just read that as oxycontin lmao

#13 2020-03-24 23:30:58

Joseph Stalin

yes

#14 2020-03-27 14:58:32

karltown_veteran

Morti wrote:

That's hilarious spoon, that you'd link to someone using the last name Neptune.

It reminds me of when Jason first added naming to the game, and I was trying to come up with some easy, go to, convention for names.
I was so glad the planets worked when I found it.
Mercury, Venus
(Earth was a tricky one, but Luna came with Terra, naturally)
Mars, Jupiter, Saturn
Uranus ruined it, it goes to the name Urban? I think?
and Neptune becomes Nephi, are you kidding me?
More adults, name their kids, Nephi, than Neptune?
I always thought Neptune would be a badass name.

I was definitely your kid more than once big_smile The life in which I remember planet names most distinctly, I was going around with roses trying to get with my cousins

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

Board footer