One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-18 16:29:35

Morti

Take over making the road at y = -1 west of Tarr Monument, please.

I'm tired.

Just go up there each life, listen for the monument bells, the roads y is 5 below that.

If you don't have a coordinate mod, you'll know the big road when you see it.
I spent a lot of lives just clearing the path so it's nice and straight, killed a lot of snakes. there are some wolves near x = -1000, I killed twenty or so of them, but I think there are still a dozen or so snaking through the large badlands around there.

I shouldn't have played Northgard the first half of today, but I did. I'm just too tired now.
Someone please take over, it's north of the gingers, brown skins and white people, and south of the black people, sorry I forgot the names, I can't remember anything, but the road.

Don't go west past the black people, ~x=-2200, unless you're going to keep it straight. That means ax and shovel first.
Go around bushes and cacti, but shovel rabbits out of the way, if there are any left.
Ride along the path with a horse, you'll see what I'm going for.

Careful of mosquitoes and autopathing.

I'll be back on tonight.

Thanks.

#2 2020-03-18 17:46:43

Aurora Aurora

Re: Take over making the road at y = -1 west of Tarr Monument, please.

Morti wrote:

Don't go west past the black people

Thanks.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#3 2020-03-18 18:38:58

Legs

I have to ask... why keep the road going? Especially if it hasn't even caught up to the westward expansion?

Today I was born in brown town. We had a diesel well but no kerosene, so I went out looking for oil. A bell rang two km away and I set that as a tentative goal since I wasn't familiar with the current map. Found several dead towns along the way. Located waystones for the desert family and found that they were relatively close to my own. About five hundred meters west-northwest of the bell I found a bell town I recognized from a couple days ago. Finally, I reached it to find the Tarr monument. I searched around and didn't find much else, but some tanks of crude oil and rubber seals. Sorry if someone had plans for that, but I'd rather take it where it can be put to good use. So I loaded my cart and set out for home. Just before leaving a white man arrived. He told me that his home was around two km west as well. That puts three families in roughly the same area. I'm assuming the gingers are also nearby. Went home, processed the oil into kerosene. Ran the well, filled as many cisterns as I could. Died happy with a couple tanks of fuel to spare.

Next life I'm reborn in the white family. We only had a newcomen pump, but there was some rubber in town so I ran it and filled cisterns. We were about seventeen hundred meters from the eastern bell at Tarr monument so I felt like I could find our neighbors. There was a diesel engine waiting in the smithy so I decided to try and get some rubber, dry out the newcomen well and install a new diesel pump. I looked around for maps and found one marked 'brown town - five hundred meters away - five centuries old.' It was a safe bet. I went with a horse cart and stole all the rubber I found the previous life. Back home I managed to use it all up, went through about a dozen rubber seals altogether. I had to build a new cistern to hold all that water but I managed to use all the rubber... and the well still wasn't exhausted. Could have probably found the desert town, but I was getting old and I wouldn't have time to finish the project anyway so I just upgraded the bakery doors with springs and went off to die naked in the woods.

Anyway, the point is: all four families are relatively close together. Older towns are distant and empty. Why build a road to nowhere? It seems like you'd be better off connecting existing settlements than working on a road nobody's using.

Last edited by Legs (2020-03-18 18:39:56)

Loco Motion

#4 2020-03-19 00:04:16

Morti

Thanks for asking, and sharing your story, Legs.

Aurora, pleasure to see my sister, aunt and wife again.
As well as my brother, uncle, grandfather and husband.

Board footer