One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-15 02:21:37

Karrots

We need a better system to keep track of people we meet in-game

So, I was cursed for the first time in a long time a while ago. It was a misunderstanding and we cleared it up right after, becoming rather unlikely friends. Since the curse couldn't be removed, in my next life they saw my curse text and came to say hi.

This was the start of several life spans of shenanigans where we'd curse and find each other and then fool around and make cool shit. While the experience was great and the tomfoolery was god-tier, it had me thinking about how great it would be to actually keep up with the cool people I've met over time.

Idk if this interferes with Jason's vision or whatever, but it'd be nice to have a friends list or something of the sort. As fun as the cursing was I have to admit it's very impractical and it takes away my ability to curse when I actually need it, and I can only realistically keep track of one person and only for a short period of time. A more reasonable way to find my friends is in order.

TLDR; It's hard to keep up with friends you meet in the game inside the game, I'd like an easier system for it.

#2 2020-03-15 02:38:48

Legs

Re: We need a better system to keep track of people we meet in-game

I was and still am against the persistent curse-mark system since it's blatantly antithetic in a game where every life is a self-contained experience. Jason agrees and that's why we don't have any way to identify friends in-game. He doesn't want players organizing independent of the built in anonymity. Somehow this dumb curse mark bs is acceptable though. In my mind, either we're all anonymous or nobody is. If I can curse someone to mark them as trouble, why can't I bless someone to mark them as a friend? It's ridiculous. Ironically, I really think that it would expose the hypocrisy of the cursing system and that's a big part of why blessings will never happen. To find someone you cursed in a previous life and learn that they're actually a great person would shatter so many smug self-righteous pricks worldviews. That kind of moral relativism is not welcome in a game where any perceived offense can be impulsively interpreted as "griefing."

Loco Motion

#3 2020-03-15 04:17:31

Spoonwood

I recall that breezeknight said a while back that the game not having a way for players to 'bless' other players was one of it's flaws.  And such is correct, a blessing system would make the game more appealing.

But so much the better that a blessing system doesn't exist, and likely won't.  This thing shouldn't appeal to people anyways.  It should get rejected by a lot of people.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2020-03-15 05:32:19

Gogo
Banned

Why? Recently I had same thoughts.

Board footer