One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-05 12:33:16

LodiaVDH

The life where I met Master Greta

Yesterday I lived one of my most eventful life in this wonderful game and I HAD to share it with you all. I told the story to a friend and translated it for this  forum and the subreddit.

I was born in what I believed was a big town once but was reduced to a few people now. My mom immediately started to dress me, I was so glad, it’s rare to end up with moms who care enough for this stuff.

She named me Peter, showed me the town and then introduced me to my sister in the berry farm. Then, she placed me by the fire and started to inform me on how things works here.

"Greta is our ruler"

I said « Ok ». I’ve never been in one but I’ve heard about towns with a king or a queen.

"So… We have to feed her. I know it’s weird, but it works"

I honestly didn’t understand at first. To my knowledge, only babies needed to be fed. And our ruler couldn’t be a baby, could she ? I said "What" to my mom.

Immediately, a lady on a horse with a cart attached appeared. I checked her name - it was Greta.

She said to me "Kid, you are going to serve me"

I responded "Okay".

She said "You have to call me master"

I said "Okay… master"

Then she looked at my mother and ordered "Feed me"

My mom took a carrot in a basket and fed it to her. It all become clear and super weird.

I checked Greta again and saw I had no relation at all with her. I thought it was weird, usually in small town like this, everybody is at least someone else cousin. At least rulers must be.

I was old enough and started to work. Mostly with wheat seeds at first, and I helped where it was needed.

I became familiar with this whole “Greta situation”. I would see her pass by on her horse quite often and watch her doing truly nothing other than ask to people to feed her, call us peasants and shout at her « wives » to make and care for babies. Sometimes, she would just be rambling about her life ("I didn’t leave this horse since I’m twelve !").

Other times, I would see her and my mom fight. My mom would say things like “You just don’t care. About anyone”, I’m not sure since I only saw parts of it. I told my mom to be careful, I was scared Greta might kill her right on sight.

I didn’t like her, I don’t think any of us did. But weirdly, I respected her for what she was able to pull off. Later, I imagined she had stole her horse from her original town, along with the three knives in her bag she never used (it actually took a long time for me to notice them) then came to my mom’s town and started ordering people around. And when a lady (or a twelve year old kid) with three knives orders something, you probably want to execute.

I was about thirty years old when my mom came to me asking the whereabouts of my siblings. I told her I had no idea. She left, worried or sad, I followed her to ask her what was on her mind. She supposed one of them had left for a better town, another might be dead due to poor survival skills, and so on. Then I noticed she start to become really old. I shouted « Oh no, mom ! » but she quietly said « My time has come » and started leaving her clothes on the ground for future generations. I stood by her side in her final moments. I told her she had been such a great mom and how much I was going to miss her ("I’ll miss you too, son!").

Greta stopped by, saw my now old mom and declared "You were a good peasant". I was going to respond something like « Oh you... » but my mom chose this moment to pass away. Both Greta and I shouted « Noooo! ». For an instant I thought she had a heart and it warmed mine. But then I realized she was just complaining about one of her wives for doing something wrong.

I lived on. While I was busy with the carrot plantation, a man with a knife arrived. It scared me, but he immediately went for Greta. She started riding her horse in every direction. The man ran away.

"Did he..." I began, not sure to understand what happened.

"He tried to kill me !" said Greta.

"Oh my..." I whispered « Where did he go ? »

"To the rabbits"

I ran in this direction. I still didn’t like Greta but for some reason, I felt loyal to her. No sign of the man at the rabbits, I returned to Greta to inform her.

Time passed after this, and it was finally Greta’s turn to die. There was some sort of gathering around her as she was aging quickly, then she was gone. All her things fell on the ground… including the backpack with the three knives.

The people immediately started looting them. I knew this was going to go wrong, and I wasn’t disappointed.

The first woman to pick a knife killed her baby with it and said « Oops ».

With the second knife, another woman killed the first, probably for the murder (and now that I think of it, maybe because it was her baby that the lady killed by accident/stupidity).

Finally, my cousin Caroll came with the third knife and killed the second woman. She said she was tired of people being horrible with knives. I tried to explain to her what happened but I don’t think she understood me.

I started to gather the knives in a basket. I explained to my cousin that I was going to hide them so it won’t happen again. When she agreed, I left with the basket and came back to inform her that I hide them in the cemetery, since nobody goes there. She thanked me and immediately started popping babies.

I rushed to dispose of the bodies, it didn’t paint a great image of us or our town. She thanked me again.

Aware that my time was running out, I went to make a few rabbit carrot pies, it’s a little tradition of mine (or OCD, you choose) that I try to hold on to on each of my long lives.

When I finished, I was really old, but glad I lived a pretty full life. I came back to my my cousin Caroll and told her to give my stuff to her kids when I die. She was grateful. Then I just stood there, listening her tell her kids what happened here. She spoke to me too, and when I began to respond I died of old age.

The screen turned black and I came back to myself. I immediately bursted out of laughter, this life surely had been to most fun, eventful and RP rich of all mines!

And I hope you enjoyed this story, and for Greta or my mom to find it!

#2 2018-04-05 13:03:07

TrustyWay

Re: The life where I met Master Greta

Yeah, be the ruler of some towns can be fun.

Once I told people to respect their almighty king, I had the crown and an horse, I took away weapons and gave somebody a knife to make people respect me. Some girls mock me but he killed one and they calmed down. Some people came by "What happened ?" "People shall respect me" "ok" I went south in other city and ordered a road to the city I was. I went back to the first city. Suprisingly he really killed all people disrespecting me, half town was murdered and he was still there farming carrots with few old peasants. "Why" "I obey your orders" "Well... you are a brave man"

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-05 13:05:47)

#3 2018-04-05 18:50:03

DaughterOfEve

This was so much fun to read, thanks for sharing

#4 2018-04-06 13:15:21

Merry

With the second knife, another woman killed the first, probably for the murder (and now that I think of it, maybe because it was her baby that the lady killed by accident/stupidity).

I was that woman.
I'm still a newbie and I have never killed anyone in this game before (though I've been murdered a lot of times). When I saw that lady killing a baby, I got nervous that she's a griefer and tried to kill her quickly before she will hurt anyone else. I didn't notice the "oops" part, though. I probably shouldn't act so quickly, but as I said, I panicked a little, since it was a first time I actually could stop a griefer and I didn't want to let her run away.
I must admit, that Greta was enjoyable to watch.

#5 2018-04-06 15:29:25

LodiaVDH

Well, that's what I thought

Don't worry you had an understandable reaction, that's what I tried to explain to my cousin Caroll but to this day she probaby still thinks you were a griefer and she was a hero, haha !

I'm pretty new too but I don't think griefer targets the babies, they must prefer killing the strongest people first. And please, don't beat yourself up for acting so quickly, it was SUCH a funny moment that I got to tell haha ! I'm still here hoping Greta find this post and discover what the HELL happened just after she died !

I'm glad now you know you body was resting in peace in a cemetary (by the knives who caused your doom, tho).

Last edited by LodiaVDH (2018-04-06 15:33:11)

#6 2018-04-06 16:05:35

TrustyWay

LodiaVDH wrote:

Well, that's what I thought

Don't worry you had an understandable reaction, that's what I tried to explain to my cousin Caroll but to this day she probaby still thinks you were a griefer and she was a hero, haha !

I'm pretty new too but I don't think griefer targets the babies, they must prefer killing the strongest people first. And please, don't beat yourself up for acting so quickly, it was SUCH a funny moment that I got to tell haha ! I'm still here hoping Greta find this post and discover what the HELL happened just after she died !

I'm glad now you know you body was resting in peace in a cemetary (by the knives who caused your doom, tho).

Sometimes it is fun to take a child and throw hin into the wildness

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-06 16:05:58)

#7 2018-04-06 16:15:10

LodiaVDH

TrustyWay wrote:

Sometimes it is fun to take a child and throw hin into the wildness

Dear Sir... that's not nice !

#8 2018-04-06 16:33:39

bunny

God I love this game

#9 2018-04-09 11:21:45

Aurora Aurora

Greta (Aka master Oliver the great) has found you and you made her laugh. Thank you, filthy peasant.

But let me clear up some things here since you seem to be interested where I came from and how in the heavens I got all those knives. I was actually ruler of that town the life before I was Greta. I was master Oliver. I went off and raided the woods for clothes and stumbled across a backpack with 3 knives, a shirt, some pants and a horse. I returned to my village on said horse and wanted to see what I could get away with. So I started bossing people around. I lived as master Oliver the great (With 7 wives and 30 children) until I was 40, then I got stabbed. But then I was reborn in the same village as a woman this time (Greta), as soon as I was old enough to grab things I took my stuff and hid my horse. Master Oliver would be back! And so when o turned 12 I hopped on my horse and started ruling the village again. I had many children as Greta, but most of them died because I wouldn’t leave my horse to feed them. And I actually remember you, you were a good peasant.
Thank you for telling me all this. I never knew I had such an influence on people.

Hope that makes sense kinda.
Whatever chance I get to ride I horse, I become master Oliver. So you’ll probably see me again wink

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-04-09 11:35:30)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#10 2018-04-09 12:19:49

LodiaVDH

Oh my ! I found you ! I'm so happy !

Aurora Aurora wrote:

And I actually remember you, you were a good peasant.

Shh, shhh, I'm gonna cry !
Sorry for saying I didn't like you multiple times in my story... But, eh, who ever likes the boss, imma right ?

Aurora Aurora wrote:

Thank you for telling me all this. I never knew I had such an influence on people.

The thing is, I love roleplaying in this game. And you Master Greta/Oliver were the queen/king at this. Thank you for giving me my funniest and most memorable life in this game yet. I sure hope to stumble upon you again.

Last edited by LodiaVDH (2018-04-09 12:23:37)

#11 2018-04-09 12:25:56

Aurora Aurora

LodiaVDH wrote:

Oh my ! I found you ! I'm so happy !

Aurora Aurora wrote:

And I actually remember you, you were a good peasant.

Shh, shhh, I'm gonna cry !
Sorry for saying I didn't like you multiple times in my story... But, eh, who ever likes the boss, imma right ?

Aurora Aurora wrote:

The thing is, I love roleplaying in this game. And you Master Greta/Oliver were the queen/king at this. Thank you for giving me my funniest and most memorable life in this game yet. I sure hope to stumble upon you again.

Haha yes I get called the master of making up weird role plays, just look at all the names I go by! Hearing that I made you and the people in this thread laugh made my day. Thank you

#12 2018-04-09 12:30:45

LodiaVDH

Aurora Aurora wrote:

Hearing that I made you and the people in this thread laugh made my day. Thank you

My pleasure ! Remember to check your names in the search bar, I'm sure I won't be the only one who talks about you and your crazyness, haha

#13 2018-04-11 19:06:04

TrustyWay

I met a greta today, She breast feeds me after calling me titan until his son, red wool shirt, came and said to her "I need to tell you something important"

Black screen of the death.

My 2 minutes with greta and his evil son. I hope I saved her, I dunno if we got double rekt

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-11 19:14:05)

#14 2018-04-11 19:34:42

Aurora Aurora

TrustyWay wrote:

I met a greta today, She breast feeds me after calling me titan until his son, red wool shirt, came and said to her "I need to tell you something important"

Black screen of the death.

My 2 minutes with greta and his evil son. I hope I saved her, I dunno if we got double rekt

Fake fucking Greta

Board footer