One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-01 19:22:57

Mekkie

Setting which EXE steam launches?

So i've googled like crazy and so far only found the good ol "just rename the exe" as an answer, but I'd like to cut out that step if humanly possible. 

Basically, as it is, every week i download the updated Hetuw mod and rename it to OneLife.exe and overwrite Jason's client to get steam to launch the game.  This works, but... i'm lazy and getting tired of doing this every week.  I've been looking up launch parameters, but can't seem to figure out how to just make steam look at OneLifeApp_H_windows.exe instead of OneLife.exe.   

Now to play modded Stardew Valley you simply change the path in the launch options, so i tried to apply that to OHOL as follows:
"F:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\One Hour One Life\OneLifeApp_H_windows.exe"

But it doesn't work.  If anyone knows what I'm missing here, would love your input!  Thanks <3

#2 2020-03-01 19:51:29

bpskotch

Re: Setting which EXE steam launches?

Not exactly what you wanted but you could probably just write a batch file to handle the copying renaming etc for you.

#3 2020-03-01 21:38:30

Coconut Fruit

You don't need to rename hetuw client file. It just has to be in ohol folder.

Last edited by Coconut Fruit (2020-03-01 21:38:49)

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#4 2020-03-01 21:40:15

Coconut Fruit

And open the game using this file and not from steam directly.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#5 2020-03-01 22:07:30

Melea

Mekkie wrote:

I've been looking up launch parameters, but can't seem to figure out how to just make steam look at OneLifeApp_H_windows.exe instead of OneLife.exe.  ... If anyone knows what I'm missing here, would love your input!  Thanks <3

Open Steam. Click "Add a Game" down in the lower left corner. Choose to add a NON-STEAM game. Click browse, and navigate to your OHOL steam folder location*. Select the OneLifeApp_H_windows exe. Open. Now it should be checked and at the top of the list, click Add Selected Programs. Now it's in your steam library and can be started up like any other game. You can right-click and go to Properties to rename it to "OHOL with Hetwu mod" or whatever.

*If you don't know where this is, in your steam library right-click on the game, go down to Manage, and Browse Local Files.

Last edited by Melea (2020-03-01 22:09:20)

#6 2020-03-02 17:11:28

Mekkie

Ty Melea, i hadn't thought about adding it as a new game.  That'll do ^^

Board footer