One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-05 06:49:09

Go! Bwah!

Mammas don't let your babies grow up to be bear food

I've noticed how few people in-game know "the bear trick", that is, if you're standing on an object the bear will walk right through you.

As my last two games had total village wipes by bear (in the most-recent one, I calmly harvested the whole farm with the bear futilely trying to eat me, then led him off into the wilderness), I'm thinking... maybe we should start blabbing this to all our kids?

PS. props to the forgotten poster here who pointed this out.

Last edited by Go! Bwah! (2018-04-05 06:59:14)

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#2 2018-04-05 08:18:09

quaity

Re: Mammas don't let your babies grow up to be bear food

I didn't know this. Thanks for helping! Little things like this can make the game a lot less stressful.

#3 2018-04-05 08:27:17

Go! Bwah!

quaity wrote:

I didn't know this. Thanks for helping! Little things like this can make the game a lot less stressful.

Sure.  I have a feeling that it's a workaround for some fragility, like not being able to have a corpse (your corpse, of corpse) and an object on the same space or something, so it may get fixed eventually, but enjoy it while it lasts smile

Last edited by Go! Bwah! (2018-04-05 08:27:43)

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#4 2018-04-05 17:24:53

stickyflypaper

Are there any tips for killing bears? When I right click on a bear while holding an arrow, I just walk toward the bear and get killed. I don't understand. I've killed several bears in the past.

#5 2018-04-05 17:50:01

Alf

stickyflypaper wrote:

Are there any tips for killing bears? When I right click on a bear while holding an arrow, I just walk toward the bear and get killed. I don't understand. I've killed several bears in the past.

The range of the bow has been shortened. Also, I think a bear is shot with a left click, not the right one.

#6 2018-04-05 20:41:19

Lily

When I shoot the bear(with right click), I always walk into the same square as the bear and then hit it with an arrow. Then I quickly move away and I am okay. It seems weird because you are supposed to be able to shoot from a range but my character always walks up to it and basically stabs it with the arrow instead of shooting. It does seem to work however, since it never kills me when that happens.

#7 2018-04-05 21:09:07

stickyflypaper

Lily wrote:

When I shoot the bear(with right click), I always walk into the same square as the bear and then hit it with an arrow. Then I quickly move away and I am okay. It seems weird because you are supposed to be able to shoot from a range but my character always walks up to it and basically stabs it with the arrow instead of shooting. It does seem to work however, since it never kills me when that happens.

I managed to actually shoot a bear last game. And yeah, apparently I only shoot it from the square right next to the bear, which is odd, and very dangerous. I have to be careful and shoot immediately after the bear stops moving, and then quickly move away. It seems if I time it slightly off, the bear will move towards me and kill me.

#8 2018-04-05 23:18:42

Eccola

stickyflypaper wrote:
Lily wrote:

I managed to actually shoot a bear last game. And yeah, apparently I only shoot it from the square right next to the bear, which is odd, and very dangerous. I have to be careful and shoot immediately after the bear stops moving, and then quickly move away. It seems if I time it slightly off, the bear will move towards me and kill me.

Just put your leftover arrows on ground, stand on them, let the bear come next to you, shoot and reload, repeat, rejoice in victory over the vile beast, bring trophy to the village. Yay

Board footer