One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-27 14:42:53

Kinrany

Worktable

Makes it easier to store and use tools in a workshop. Helps maintain order.

A worktable can store one item. Crafting with a worktable is the same as crafting with the item inside, but reversed.

For example, consider a hatchet. You can use it on a straight shaft to make kindling:

HATCHET + STRAIGHT SHAFT = HATCHET + KINDLING

With a worktable you can use a straight shaft on the hatchet instead:

STRAIGHT SHAFT + WORKTABLE(HATCHET) = KINDLING + WORKTABLE(HATCHET)

The result is the same, but sometimes it's convenient to let the tool stay in one place.

1. Stationary, can't be taken.
2. Impassable, people won't stand on top of it.
3. Contains one item. Right click to put an item inside or take it out.
4. When the worktable is occupied, left clicking the item applies the item in hand in reverse: the item in hand becomes the second ingredient in the recipe, and the item on the worktable becomes the first ingredient.
5. When the worktable is empty, left clicking applies the item to the worktable itself. Can be used for deconstructing the table.

#2 2020-02-28 06:26:34

testo

Re: Worktable

Sounds like a nice idea, you could store stuff on containers (baskets) and swap around yourself instead of having to click and move all around.
Example, baskets with clay around and a stone on the table: swap clay and make several bowls swapping around the clay.

However, i think it is unlikely to get made because of the amount of reversed transitions and the work it needs.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#3 2020-02-28 08:01:56

Gogo
Banned

Nice idea.

#4 2020-02-28 20:12:20

Hoax

Gogo wrote:

Nice idea.

Board footer