One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-23 10:47:09

YannaChan
Banned

Marriage

Yes, I know a lot of other people have suggested this, but I want to share my ideas on suggestions for a marriage system in OHOL.

First of all, Marriage and Fathers would be optional, you could still have sky babies, and fathers and marriages could just be for RP.

Now for my idea to marry another player, for example, John says in front of Jane, "Will you marry me, Jane Smith?" Jane can either say, "Yes" which will make Jane and John officially married or she can say "No" which will leave the two unmarried. There doesn't have to be an item, but there maybe could be some kind of marriage jewelry that appears on you once you get married, and it could be like the badges. When you hover over your spouse it will say, for example, "Jane Smith - Your Wife."

If the couple are both different races, then their child will be multiracial and therefore will get some abilities that their parent's races can do and maybe their skin tone will be different depending on the parents. Having a husband when you're a female could give you a fertility boost, also.

That's my ideas so far, if you have any other ideas to add in, then you can comment them.

I would like to see a marriage system be added in just for us rpers, but of course, it's optional and you'll still be able to have sky babies.

#2 2020-02-23 11:54:56

Morti

Re: Marriage

I think I married Aurora once, but, she was also married to like, 10 other people in town, so, it was pretty normal.
She asked our mom to marry us, mom asked us both of we'd like to marry each other, I said sure, and then I went back to growing carrots and she said hi to me while grabbing something to eat, 15 years later.

She was pretty busy getting married to everyone... and I'd turned her down a few times on the offer in a few previous lives that month, so, I said sure to see what would happen and, pretty much went the same.

So many times, her, or other people like her, came up to me as a male, with a baby in their arms, saying "This is your dad." I always found that amusing. I was always usually making food or clothing, as you do, so, it felt a little extra special to give those things to her and the kids. Maybe it's me, but, I think other people cared more about each other, and the game, back then.

What's strange, is, I remember the layouts, of probably hundreds of towns, but the only thing about the town we got married in, that I remember, is where we were standing after I said sure.

fVkzcu3.png

Her playfulness made me really happy. She knew how to play, as a girl.

#3 2020-02-23 22:51:26

Keyin

Only if we can have every type of marriage, please?

FluxBB bbcode test

#4 2020-02-24 00:11:58

YannaChan
Banned

Oh dear, I totally forgot about Divorce.

My idea for that is two people will agree to divorce and both say "I divorce *Partner's name*" The divorced couple are free to marry again.

#5 2020-02-24 00:15:22

DestinyCall

Keyin wrote:

http://cdn.yourarticlelibrary.com/wp-co … humb56.jpg

But what about interspecies marriage?

I have a very special place in my heart for Kevin the Bear.

#6 2020-02-24 01:55:25

Morti

DestinyCall wrote:
Keyin wrote:

And how is Kevin the Bear supposed to, unambiguously, declare his, or her, consent?

First, you must show that there is a bear language, and that that language translates to a language we are familiar with, and then, that their grunts, snorts, roars or motions, etc., mean, "I do."

Then you have to convince enough other people, that it does, so you can tell people "I'm married to Kevin." and not get stoned to death.

#7 2020-02-24 03:31:30

DestinyCall

Morti wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:
Keyin wrote:

And how is Kevin the Bear supposed to, unambiguously, declare his, or her, consent?

First, you must show that there is a bear language, and that that language translates to a language we are familiar with, and then, that their grunts, snorts, roars or motions, etc., mean, "I do."

Then you have to convince enough other people, that it does, so you can tell people "I'm married to Kevin." and not get stoned to death.

That will be the easy part.

The hard part will be convincing Kevin's family to accept me.   His parents are very conservative.   If I don't handle things just right, family dinners could end up being pretty grizzly.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2020-02-24 03:43:14)

#8 2020-02-24 05:24:21

Morti

DestinyCall wrote:

pretty grizzly.

XTnPANj.png

#9 2020-02-24 06:07:22

DestinyCall

Yep.  The awkward silences will be unbearable.

#10 2020-02-24 12:38:33

Starknight_One

DestinyCall wrote:

Destiny, are you bruin trouble?

#11 2020-02-24 18:02:38

DestinyCall

Starknight_One wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Some people might call our love impawssible.    That the two of us are polar opposites and our marriage would never last.    But if you just bear with me ... I think it will be something ext-roar-dinary.

#12 2020-02-25 02:21:55

testo

DestinyCall wrote:
Starknight_One wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Some people might call our love impawssible.    That the two of us are polar opposites and our marriage would never last.    But if you just bear with me ... I think it will be something ext-roar-dinary.

Ur sinner.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#13 2020-02-25 04:22:18

DestinyCall

testo wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:
Starknight_One wrote:

Ur sinner.

Ursine her?  I barely know her!

#14 2020-02-25 05:24:21

TheRubyCart

DestinyCall wrote:
testo wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Ur sinner.

Ursine her?  I barely know her!

um it's BEARly, please learn your grammar when your on a joke spree, I would hate to steal your spree, but, if you wont profit off it, I will!

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#15 2020-02-25 07:52:47

DestinyCall

Oh my god, I can't believe I missed that!  How embearassing!

#16 2020-02-26 02:54:46

TheRubyCart

DestinyCall wrote:

Oh my god, I can't believe I missed that!  How embearassing!

That's the fourth one this week! DONT MAKE ME FIRE YOU >:(

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

Board footer