One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-21 07:02:13

AmberA

Bugs and Feedback with Donkeytown

Bug: The black text and cursed code doesn't display on Eves without names. In this example, I wrote down a cursed players code "Cane Joke" because they were an eve from Donkeytown that was griefing our town. A new eve came back to our town to grief but had no name and no automatic text. Only once I cursed this new eve it display "Cane Joke" alerting me to this bug.

1. Donkey town was blissful for quite awhile and it should not be, DT people should not spawn near each other to make a village.
Details: Somehow some people immigrated to live 0.4k south of Donkeytown. I should say, as a griefer killer I have been sent to Donkeytown because I get cursed a lot. Before outsiders immigrated there, Donkeytown was practically heaven. It was peaceful and you recognized most people, no kids meant that no one was lazying about on a fire, everyone was a productive adult building their pet projects. This is NOT how Donkeytown should be. It should NOT be a reward where people want to stay. Many donkey town residents, were happy and eager to get more curses so they could stay because it was so nice.

2. Cursing Donkeytown eves doesn't make them spawn far enough away if you live near Donkeytown.
Details: A war broke out between the southern village and Donkeytown. This time I had served my time and was born into the southern village. I dunno what happened to trigger the war, when I started playing today it started (from my viewpoint) with a DT eve coming south and stealing our bellows and tools in a cart. I chased her off and got the tools back. Anther DT eve came (maybe the same one) and built two property fences right next to our village and started stealing noob babies and locking them to die. Another DT eve joined in and started stealing carts and tools and dumping them in the desert were we couldn't get them. We decided it would have to be like in the arc days and build a property fence to keep the town safe but DT eves tore them down, almost killing us to extinction until we gave up and ran. Dozens of us cursed the eves and they were happy because it means they stay in their happy town longer.

Yes I know people should not have immigrated to Donkeytown but it probably happened because it was the only bell. Basically Donkeytown should be a boring punishment and not a peaceful village and definitely not a place to repeatedly torment a town near their spawn point. Every respawn and every curse should send them further out, X tiles away from all others even other DT eves.

#2 2020-02-22 02:18:34

Gogo
Banned

Re: Bugs and Feedback with Donkeytown

When I was in donkey I spawned in someone's property fence (made for cursed eve's), next time I was chased with a weapon, so I ran for 60 minutes. xD I'd say playing near griefers and murderers are good punishment, playing solo will end in chill life. So I would suggest - make cursed people play next to each other, but in different locations each day, to prevent donkey bells.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-02-22 02:25:37)

#3 2020-02-22 02:36:51

Legs

AmberA wrote:

as a griefer killer I have been sent to Donkeytown because I get cursed a lot

By your own admission donkey town as a place for griefers is broken. If you play the game enough and you aren't a complete doormat you WILL end up in donkey town. Virtually nobody understands how or why curses work and they just abuse the mechanic. It leads to bad players cursing good ones more often than not. The curse system as a whole is clearly broken.

Loco Motion

#4 2020-02-22 03:39:14

Flachzang

I am a doormat sad

#5 2020-02-22 04:09:37

DestinyCall

Flachzang wrote:

I am a doormat sad

Perhaps you just need to play more?

#6 2020-02-22 05:15:32

testo

Legs wrote:
AmberA wrote:

By your own admission donkey town as a place for griefers is broken. If you play the game enough and you aren't a complete doormat you WILL end up in donkey town. Virtually nobody understands how or why curses work and they just abuse the mechanic. It leads to bad players cursing good ones more often than not. The curse system as a whole is clearly broken.

I would love to see the numbers (number of players that actually have been sent to DT) because I have the complete opposite opinion.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#7 2020-02-23 01:19:27

unoriginal artist

Legs wrote:
AmberA wrote:

Dont do stupid shit or get fucked over badly in 4 towns and ur fine, if ur trolling or killing your gonna end up in donkey, if ur incredibly unlucky you will end up there to i suppose, you need like 15ish active curses to end up in donkey and thats in and out to. I looked at curse logs and it seems to be roughly around that number.

#8 2020-02-23 20:08:55

sigmen4020

Legs wrote:
AmberA wrote:

I have 1000 hours played of the game and I have never once landed myself in donkey town, and can barely remember the last time I was cursed. Consider that people maybe just don’t like playing with you.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-02-23 20:09:33)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#9 2020-02-23 20:45:13

testo

sigmen4020 wrote:
Legs wrote:
AmberA wrote:

I have 1000 hours played of the game and I have never once landed myself in donkey town, and can barely remember the last time I was cursed. Consider that people maybe just don’t like playing with you.

Amén.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#10 2020-02-23 21:13:41

DestinyCall

testo wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:
Legs wrote:

Amén.

My one and only visit to DonkeyTown was as a member of the Ada family.     While I was there, one of the donkeys cursed me for being a non-donkey ... and I could not stop laughing.

I can't say that I have never been cursed, since random cursing does happen, but I can only think of a few instances where I got into a serious conflict with someone that resulted in a curse.     I am very rarely killed or cursed or threatened, except when I hunt known killers.   I've never been wrongfully killed for killing someone in the middle of town.   The people I kill are always well known griefers by the time I am forced to end them, so I do not fear misunderstandings.

The only time I can think of when I was seriously accused of being a griefer was one life when I swapped backpacks with another baby, who had a bp with knife.   I hate when people give babies knives, since they can't use them for anything useful and you have no idea if they are a decent player at that age.    A short time later, my mom showed me the new bakery she just finished build, since the current oven was in a poor location.    I went over and broke the old oven while my mom moved the plates to the new location.

After that, my aunt immediately stabbed me, because she thought I was a griefer based on my earlier knife-theft and oven destruction.    My mom defended me and point out the new oven, but it didn't matter, since we had no pads. I was only five years old when I died.

I was not happy about how that life ended.   But I can't really blame them for assuming the worst.  I understood why I took those actions, but I was too young to explain myself properly.   They couldn't have known that I was not a threat and I did act suspiciously.   I wish they had asked for an explanation first, before stabbing me in a pre-sheep town with no pads.   That was pretty extreme.   But I can't really blame them for not wanting a potential griefer around.    I don't recall if anyone cursed me.   They might have, but curses only matter if you collect a lot of them.    I was more upset that they thought I was up to no good when I was only trying to help.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2020-02-23 21:27:51)

Board footer