One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-16 07:50:56

JasonY

The Leader Experiance

It's not some epic story of my rise to power, ending with all my followers weeping as I died of old age. I inherited a bunch of followers from my mother, most of whom didn't even know they were following anyone. Mum's reign mostly consisted of her ordering followers to bring her more wine.

I myself tried to be more of a constructive ruler, Ordering people to do certain jobs or make certain resources. Though my orders were more suggestions, I wasn't entirely sure if anybody listened. It did seem a few of my followers did some tasks which may or may not have been because of my orders, I ended up completing a lot of the orders myself. I exiled one person for killing too many sheep, Interfering with clothes production and overfilling the current stores. Apart from that, I didn't try to kill them or anything. For better or worse my reign was an uneventful one.

I had one daughter who I taught to farm and ended up naming a granddaughter a successor. My advice would be to use ordering as a general suggestion but personally asking followers seems to have a better effect. Kinda gotta micromanage a little if followers aren't doing things effectively or don't know how to do it. I felt fairly disconnected from my followers and they mostly saw me as an occasional message on their screen. Kind of like some god games where you may have some control over the general direction of the people but the people mostly do their own thing. Not saying it's a bad thing, Obviously, it minimizes the impact of a bad or incompetent ruler.

Last edited by JasonY (2020-02-16 07:56:10)

Need Content

Board footer