One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-13 01:19:19

Jamie

Will we ever see Modern Day? What would it be like?

I use the term "modern" pretty liberally. Today we're in this weird sort of industrial era but not really.

For "Modern" Era I imagine bakeries being replaced by a fast food joint, Forge being replaced by a workshop/factory. Knives being replaced by small arms and bows replaced by rifles.

Other then that probably still a murder fest with some new tools. Griefers would rp terrorists instead of cults and monarchs.

I feel like if guns get added they should work more like old combat. You spend ammo and make a loud bang sound even if you miss.

#2 2020-02-13 01:30:59

DestinyCall

Re: Will we ever see Modern Day? What would it be like?

Until we have cats and, by extension, funny cat videos, we can't really consider it the modern age.

#3 2020-02-13 01:35:22

Jamie

DestinyCall wrote:

Until we have cats and, by extension, funny cat videos, we can't really consider it the modern age.

Damm, A flawless argument.

I can't even dispute that.

You should have to link your account with the forums. Then add a computer and Internet and have that be the only way you can post.

Last edited by Jamie (2020-02-13 01:47:56)

#4 2020-02-13 02:20:08

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I think we'll have modern day items eventually but it'll hardly be modern day. We still use clay bowls and adobe kilns while we're driving around cars and flying airplanes.

I'll only accept the modern day status if we can craft a GODAMN LIGHTER. WHY AM I STARTING MY FIRES WITH LEAVES WHEN WE HAVE FLINT AND STEEL?

Last edited by DiscardedSlinky (2020-02-13 02:20:49)

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#5 2020-02-13 10:43:54

Lum

The modern day wouldn't exist without the industrial era. You say we're in the industrial era but "not really" and that's because we don't have automation. Humans are supposed to be lazy, and our era is defined by progress in the name of laziness and comfort imo. So, when we get automation, we'll advance.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#6 2020-02-13 12:49:09

Jamie

Lum wrote:

The modern day wouldn't exist without the industrial era. You say we're in the industrial era but "not really" and that's because we don't have automation. Humans are supposed to be lazy, and our era is defined by progress in the name of laziness and comfort imo. So, when we get automation, we'll advance.

Kind of but I meant more because of the current tech gap. We got combustion engines but we build them with Adobe forges and crude steam/charcoal powered machines.

And like slinky pointed out, Everything still relies on a campfire.

Last edited by Jamie (2020-02-13 12:50:44)

Board footer