One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-02-25 23:29:09

DrChef

Re: Raped by The Machine

Spoonwood wrote:

Your proposal might have more promise if there were more situations for children such as them being bots (and different types of bots).  But, the design of this game is that of a finite unique situation generator, and apparently fewer situations for players is valued over more possible as evidenced by changes or constants such as tool limitations, all servers running the same, forced reproduction mechanics, Rift-like thinking, trying to make as many players as possible helpless from the get-go, a finite and small number of families at a particular time, throwing players into the same context as much as possible (bigserver system, trying to keep everyone close together in general), lack of expansion of technological options, mono-climate living areas with static temperature, one water source per town, players not having the ability to get re-born into the same spot in the large population context as once did happen via Eve-chaining (Eve-chaining on the larger populated servers is a different situation than starting as a baby of some parent), no way to start over ab initio as a matter of choice, and one and only one person working on the code and design of the game.

You're getting quite concise with your sludge of grievances, nice work

#52 2020-02-26 01:50:46

Morti

The game starts with an Eve, she is a representation for an unknown, as the concept of Eve was in real life.

"When did people start?"

We were dumb to the truth then, and we are dumb to that answer, in this simulation as well.

At present, we are also dumb, as to why women produce babies.

Do men give off spores? Do women asexually reproduce? Why are we not, all, women?

Maybe if we invent science and biology, these answers will come to us, but for now, they remain a mystery.

Can you give one example in game, of diploid sexual reproduction, in any species, in this world?

One example of sexual reproduction, at all?

#53 2020-02-26 02:15:56

Spoonwood

Morti wrote:

We were dumb to the truth then, and we are dumb to that answer, in this simulation as well.

I think other hominids knew some truth back then.  There exist plenty of examples of other animals knowing some truth in the world today also.  So, I reject your assertion here.

Morti wrote:

At present, we are also dumb, as to why women produce babies.

This is nonsense with respect to humanity as a whole, especially since mechanical methods such as in vitro fertilization are known.

Adult people in the future would know that sexual reproduction has a possibility of producing children.  And I don't think for a second that I'm the only one here who knew before I became an adult that sexual intercourse can result in a human life.

A preposterous model of the human future where they don't even have the knowledge of how sexual reproduction works... which contradicts what got said here:

jasonrohrer wrote:

"If we had to start over from scratch, but kept all of our knowledge, how long would it take us to get back to iPhones?" where iPhones are a placeholder for whatever sufficiently advanced tech we can imagine.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 896#p81896

No.  People didn't keep all of their knowledge.  Neither of basic processes of how humans reproduce, nor of their knowledge of morality with respect to how they deserve to get treated.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-02-26 02:17:35)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#54 2020-02-26 05:11:37

DestinyCall

There is no sexual reproduction in the future, Spoonwood.   It was outlawed by the United World Confederate in the year 3047. 

Now all reproduction occurs by parthenogenesis, triggered by the consumption of genetically modified gooseberries.

#55 2020-02-26 12:11:57

Morti

I just want to know why there is a Pac-man, and a Ms. Pac-man.
What did Pacs evolve from?

#56 2020-02-26 12:18:55

Morti

Seriously, are they fish?
Or is he a man? Were they ones humans??
Why does the tend to inhabit mazes, and are the pills and power pellets, grain or fruit, or, a vegetable?
Are they like baked potatoes without the skin, or white chocolate spheres?
What happens when a pac digests a power pellet?
How does their digestive tracts process the pellets?

Are they balls of sunshine?

Spoon, I must know.
These are very important questions

#57 2020-02-26 13:26:45

DestinyCall

Morti wrote:

Seriously, are they fish?
Or is he a man? Were they ones humans??
Why does the tend to inhabit mazes, and are the pills and power pellets, grain or fruit, or, a vegetable?
Are they like baked potatoes without the skin, or white chocolate spheres?
What happens when a pac digests a power pellet?
How does their digestive tracts process the pellets?

Are they balls of sunshine?

Spoon, I must know.
These are very important questions

Sometimes the answers are even more horrifying than you can possibly imagine ...

https://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2736

#58 2020-02-26 16:07:11

Morti

"When the mouth eats them they find an almost erotic solace."

I get that.

It's like a wounded bear with 2 arrows in it. It's last dying wish is for you to end it's suffering. That's why it follows you, not because it wants to hurt you, but it wants you to release it, from it's torment.

#59 2020-02-26 16:18:24

DestinyCall

Nothing sadder than a buffalo with one arrow stuck in its side.   Who would do that to a poor buffalo?    Why start something like that and not finish the job.   

Forever in pain.   Unable to live a good life.   Unable to die.

Board footer