One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-04 23:26:56

OminousBladeBlank

Baron Simon Che, Bringing Three Families Together

Hello,

Despite my usual tendencies to bring about war, the new-ish system of leadership has given me a new outlet for my psychotic urges.

Now I can just get into politics.

And oh boy, if you want the game to go that way for you, Jason has provided you with all of the necessary mechanics to basically enter 'Career Politician Simulator 2020'

I was Simon Che

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5887724

Acting as a Baron for the beginning and end of my life and as Count for the middle.

The cit ywas multi-ethnic. It was the mega-city with the wine and the several buildings. There were two crowns, but the more interesting part was the development of the faction that eventually represented all three families.

I was born to the whitest skinned family. There was a Baroness of the light brown family.

I asked my mom to follow me so I could get into politics.

My mother agreed. She had a daughter soon after. Hoping to abuse the following mechanics, I made my first political move.

I told my mom to follow my younger sister.

Since Children follow their mother's leader, my sister was my follower. My mother following her makes her a lady, and that means a lady follows me. That makes me a baron at like age 8 or 10. Now I'm on track for the big leagues.

Children born to my mother secure my sister's ladyship, and my  baronship by extension. Now, as baron, I begin the search for my tools.

Diplomat tools include - Knife, paper, rubber ball, pencil. So, notice you have to have a backpack and at least one extra slot for the knife. not to mention extra slots for food if you want it. It's a cumbersome occupation. The knife is for... Extreme diplomacy. The rest is for communication.

If you don't know, you can write on paper and erase it with a rubber ball. This allows non-medium(pink?) toned skins to communicate with other skins. Our city had no languagers! SO I had to begin communicating with other families using pencil and paper. The ball saves on paper cost.

I begin talking to families. The newest family, the darkest skin, was hesitant. The non-faction light brown family quickly joined my ranks once my own family organized in a way that put me up as count. I promoted the lady from the other family by having a lord of mine follow her, granting her baroness in exchange for her loyalty to me, granting me countship.

Now, as count, I begin courting the blackest family. A young child begins trying to hoard knives... I say this because he as acting suspiciously. Young, with a mask, holding a knife, and a lot of clothes, just running around. It was suspect. He wasn't saying anything, he seemed to try to avoid me and my family. I asked around, people agreed, and we posse'd him. Me and my younger brother Lord John Che were the main deciders and executors. He was, however saved the first time.

I'm honestly not sure if he got away or not. We did the whole treatment though - I exiled him as Count, which extended over into his own family (not all, but several members).

I also placed an order for him to be killed once we spotted him trying to grab knives.

Like i said, I don't think he died. his name was ayaan pie or something. I just checked, and yeah he lived until 60. he must have fled. But the result seemed the same to me unless he caused some ruckus after my death. I never saw him again.

After our families clashed over the attempted murder, some more murders were reversed by medics, and we all came to a peaceful agreement. I found my pencil and paper and ball, apologized for the violence, and asked for peace.

About 2/3 of the town was part of the faction. By the end, I had decided to hand my subscribers off to my younger brother, and we crowned a young girl as the figurehead. She would more or less be the royal breeder. There were a ton of followers by the end.

Biggest lessons -

In politics in OHOL, followers are a strong currency. If you can offer someone lordship or baronship through heirarchal shifts, it can bridge a lot of gaps at very little cost. Often, you can get a promotion yourself out of it too.

Being friendly is crazy important. People will not like a power-drunk leader.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#2 2020-02-05 00:28:13

Legs

Re: Baron Simon Che, Bringing Three Families Together

Hi. I was your grandmother, Miranda Che. Your mother Rosemary was my daughter. I like to name my children after favorite herbs and spices. My other daughters died young, but Rose promised to live to 60- which she did. In my life I owned two crowns but wore neither. I don't really like politics. In old age, I gifted one to you. My grandson Simon Che, the next king.

After that I was born to a darkskinned black woman named Aya Pie. It was a ferile birth and we took a long trip to reach the bell town where I'd just died. My name was Richa Pie. I recognized you, but couldn't understand you or any of the other Che family members I'd just left. Regardless, I followed you and made to live a peaceful life. My mother Aya carried me a long way to reach town and in appreciation I named my first son after her. Ayaan Pie. He wore a devil mask- you and John targeted him but I never learned why. Wearing my medic vest I healed him two or three times. While he was on cooldown I told him to run, to seek refuge in the desert if he was chased. Eventually he left town and lived a long healthy life. My mother Aya was also attacked while defending him and I saved her too. Later, you delivered a message apologizing for the violence and begging for peace, which I ignored.

After your death I took your writing tools and issued a formal challenge against your young successor Honey Che. Feeling wronged, I wanted a duel to restore my family's honor. She fled, and I told the people that she was a coward. Later ambushing her, she escaped again and a posse formed to hunt me down. Eventually I fell upon your brother John Che's knife as the final song played.

Having spent a few lives as king, avoiding violent is always the right answer. Especially with a language barrier people won't understand the reason behind it. Even without that people go murder crazy with strings of revenge stabbing. Don't just attack that suspicious lady carrying around a bow and arrow, use your words. She'll probably be happy to compromise and put the arrow in her bag, because she didn't realize holding it in her hand like that made people nervous.

Loco Motion

#3 2020-02-05 05:27:38

Gogo
Banned

Better way - use /die and born as bb of high ranked mother, be nice to her so she follow you or choose a dad from high rank. tongue

Last edited by Gogo (2020-02-05 05:40:01)

#4 2020-02-05 08:51:14

Kinrany

Do you by any chance know how many generations it took for the hierarchy to fall apart?

#5 2020-02-05 09:52:32

Lum

I feel like there's something quite oedipean about having your mother follow you... maybe I'm just twisted.

Last edited by Lum (2020-02-05 09:53:11)

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#6 2020-02-05 14:39:59

Jamie

Kinrany wrote:

Do you by any chance know how many generations it took for the hierarchy to fall apart?

I can't imagine it lasted much more then 1.

#7 2020-02-05 14:46:36

DestinyCall

In my experience, most hierarchies kill themselves off within a generation or two.     It's like with crowns - once someone gets a title, the murdering starts.

#8 2020-02-10 19:29:58

OminousBladeBlank

Legs wrote:

Hi. I was your grandmother, Miranda Che. Your mother Rosemary was my daughter. I like to name my children after favorite herbs and spices. My other daughters died young, but Rose promised to live to 60- which she did. In my life I owned two crowns but wore neither. I don't really like politics. In old age, I gifted one to you. My grandson Simon Che, the next king.

After that I was born to a darkskinned black woman named Aya Pie. It was a ferile birth and we took a long trip to reach the bell town where I'd just died. My name was Richa Pie. I recognized you, but couldn't understand you or any of the other Che family members I'd just left. Regardless, I followed you and made to live a peaceful life. My mother Aya carried me a long way to reach town and in appreciation I named my first son after her. Ayaan Pie. He wore a devil mask- you and John targeted him but I never learned why. Wearing my medic vest I healed him two or three times. While he was on cooldown I told him to run, to seek refuge in the desert if he was chased. Eventually he left town and lived a long healthy life. My mother Aya was also attacked while defending him and I saved her too. Later, you delivered a message apologizing for the violence and begging for peace, which I ignored.

After your death I took your writing tools and issued a formal challenge against your young successor Honey Che. Feeling wronged, I wanted a duel to restore my family's honor. She fled, and I told the people that she was a coward. Later ambushing her, she escaped again and a posse formed to hunt me down. Eventually I fell upon your brother John Che's knife as the final song played.

Having spent a few lives as king, avoiding violent is always the right answer. Especially with a language barrier people won't understand the reason behind it. Even without that people go murder crazy with strings of revenge stabbing. Don't just attack that suspicious lady carrying around a bow and arrow, use your words. She'll probably be happy to compromise and put the arrow in her bag, because she didn't realize holding it in her hand like that made people nervous.

I think that what you did was perfect. In all honesty, the murder was all more hunch-based than factual. The kid seemd extemely suspect, and when I expressed that to my family, we all agreed that killing him was better than waiting for him to start bull shit.

I also think that what you did after was fantastic. I wish you had succeeded.

I am also happy to know that my faction was able to withstand the struggle for at least a little.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

Board footer