#1 2020-01-27 23:23:21

Legs

Is living longer always better?

Is it?

Loco Motion

#2 2020-01-28 07:27:29

sigmen4020

Re: Is living longer always better?

Why would living for a shorter amount of time be better?

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#3 2020-01-28 14:57:55

Lum

You mean, at what point do you become more of a burden than an active help to the village.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#4 2020-01-28 16:06:28

Flachzang

Lum wrote:

You mean, at what point do you become more of a burden than an active help to the village.

I guess that would be as a baby as you need attention, food and clothing by others while oneself can not contribute anything yet during that time. Even for a couple of years afterwards you can not contribute to full potential as you can not use carts, knives, chop trees, communicate decently etc.

Therefore, the question should not be „Is it always worth to get to old age?“ but rather be „Is it worth to be born in the first place?“. And the answer is: Depends on what you are going to do with your life: Will it be of use for civilization? Will you personally have fun playing the game? If one of both is given, go for it!

#5 2020-01-28 16:14:55

fug

Depends on different things honestly.

Trying to avoid a lineage ban (they still exist btw.) Then you would ideally just want to die at age 28ish or 42 as an Eve.

Only care about raising kids? 40 is a good cut off for killing yourself if you solely just want to play baby sitter simulator.

And of course all the different gene score exploits have required lots and lots of different suicide times vs normally play.

So to answer your question, there are definitely times to not reach 60 as its not always rewarding to reach such an age.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#6 2020-01-28 16:26:11

DestinyCall

Living for a long time does get old.

Hehehe.  Old.

#7 2020-01-28 17:17:21

Lum

Flachzang wrote:
Lum wrote:

I guess that would be as a baby

Of course, but in the context of this question I was thinking of elderly people, especially those between 50/55 and death. Their contributions are fairly minimal at this stage because they need to pay attention to their pip bar if they don't want to die early. Especially if nobody needs them for removal notices or peacemaking, they simply end up chit-chatting by the fire. I find that to be lovely, but if ressources are at risk of running low, perhaps elderly suicide might be the best solution sometimes to avoid draining of food.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#8 2020-01-28 17:59:15

Chestburster

Honestly yeah. I'd like pretty much everyone to live to 60 above all else even if for your entire life you eat the village's food and do literally nothing else. Living to 60 gives your more immediate family members a good gene score while dying young hurts it for them. The extra tool slots you get when its kept at a high number can be pretty valuable and hard to maintain, and food isn't really all that hard to produce in mass.

So keep that in mind when you die young you're actually hurting your siblings, mother, descendants, and uncles gene scores.

#9 2020-01-28 20:18:05

Melea

Lum wrote:

I was thinking of elderly people, especially those between 50/55 and death. Their contributions are fairly minimal at this stage because they need to pay attention to their pip bar if they don't want to die early.

I yum, and usually finish each life still running on the bonus I got from a final meal in my early 50's. As long as I'm dressed and have a good bonus built up I can eat once then and not have to worry about my pip bar at all in old age. Absolutely no problem working right up until the end of my final song, then a quick clothing strip-down and head out a bit so my bones aren't cluttering up the town center.

Some people just like spending their golden years relaxing, RPing, or talking to the up and coming generation. But if you keep well dressed, and take advantage of yum bonus or have a couple food items nearby then being old doesn't have to cut into your end-of-life productivity.

Last edited by Melea (2020-01-28 20:23:25)

#10 2020-01-29 01:21:19

Mekkie

I usually work up until my end game song starts playing.. at that point i strip down and run to the graveyard.  If i make it to 60, great.. if i starve, great.

Board footer