One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-21 03:40:27

Navi

Suggestion: Disable Apocalypse on Low Pop

It's really nice having tool slots and biome restrictions disabled on low population servers.
Due to the very small and inconsistent amount of players on any given non big server, having these features disabled allows servers to still function and stay enjoyable.

For the same reasons, I'd like to suggest we also disable the apocalypse on low population servers. With the endless map, it could be incredibly difficult for a single player to prevent this destructive event.... and low pop players put a lot of time into their towns. I could see it stinging significantly more than the bs2 apocs.
Even making trigger time longer would be a great thing.

#2 2020-01-21 08:00:49

Dodge

Re: Suggestion: Disable Apocalypse on Low Pop

Post it on github, since low pop are more about learning crafting and building towns etc he might accept the sugestion.

And since low pop players get their cities wiped by the apocalypse it is an issue.

He already disabled grouped wipes for low pop servers so he probably agrees that they are for building/learning etc.

#3 2020-01-21 15:07:40

Averest

When I played with a group on a low pop server last year we spent half our time trying to thwart some bored griefer who spent most of their time trying to wipe the server. It made one person quit streaming the game entirely because it made the server a target. sad

#4 2020-01-21 18:17:42

D3mon1cblack

Averest wrote:

When I played with a group on a low pop server last year we spent half our time trying to thwart some bored griefer who spent most of their time trying to wipe the server. It made one person quit streaming the game entirely because it made the server a target. sad

that was server 13 wasnt it? if not i encountered something like it but tbh i kinda liked going after the basterd we even got his endstones and fenced one in with unmovable blocks eventually xD But i do agree with op it is really hard to stop someone from starting the apocalipse with very few ppl

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#5 2020-01-21 21:39:39

Navi

Github is a great idea. Thanks Dodge!

#6 2020-01-21 21:51:35

Grim_Arbiter

Yeah I don't see Jason shooting this down.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

Board footer