One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-01-06 14:02:32

voy178

Re: Can we get an auto-lock on old threads on the forums?

Amon wrote:

Necro-ing topics that are no longer relevant to the current state of the game on issues that have long been resolved, is annoying. But Auto-lock is bad.

Here goes for humour, art, screenshots and stories, mods, mod-making etc. that would suffer with this since these remain relevant regardless of date.
Don't axe everything because of a bad apple.

Believe me, if axing Spoonwood and his ilk was a power I had in my grasp it would have been done so already when he first started the pattern of necroing done subjects.

We can't stop them, but this forum needs at least one active moderator to close all of these irrelevant threads that they keep bringing to the front page.

Also, look at the news forum. It's out of order because people like Spoonwood can't resist the urge.

#27 2020-01-06 15:43:02

Villas

FulmenTheFinn wrote:

Having an auto-lock system is probably not even possible with the ~20 year old framework this forum runs on, considering it lacks even basic 2000s forum functionality like buttons for BBCode commands, or multi-quoting. I reckon it'd need to be updated first, which is an undertaking in of itself, and one Jason probably won't do.

Haha that’s true. I like it though, reminds me my childhood when I discovered forums for the very first time, Mu Online forums... good times.

#28 2020-01-06 15:59:45

Mekkie

Villas wrote:
FulmenTheFinn wrote:

Having an auto-lock system is probably not even possible with the ~20 year old framework this forum runs on, considering it lacks even basic 2000s forum functionality like buttons for BBCode commands, or multi-quoting. I reckon it'd need to be updated first, which is an undertaking in of itself, and one Jason probably won't do.

Haha that’s true. I like it though, reminds me my childhood when I discovered forums for the very first time, Mu Online forums... good times.

MU Online <3  That was a fun game!

#29 2020-01-06 20:18:12

sigmen4020

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

I'm excited for the day he necros the very first thread. It's going to be a good read.

I looked up Jason's oldest posts,to see which is the oldest thread on the site. This is what I got outside of the News section:

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7

Enjoy the read.

Funnily enough it's been necroed once before lol.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-01-06 20:24:59)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#30 2020-01-06 20:37:18

Grim_Arbiter

sigmen4020 wrote:
DiscardedSlinky wrote:

I'm excited for the day he necros the very first thread. It's going to be a good read.

I looked up Jason's oldest posts,to see which is the oldest thread on the site. This is what I got outside of the News section:

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7

Enjoy the read.

Funnily enough it's been necroed once before lol.

Wut...

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

Board footer