One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-02 22:55:41

Hygswitch

Wolf Family

Hey Wolfs, Sunshine here,

I just wanted to tell you guys how much I enjoyed our time together, and recap my life.

The Experience of being born into a very well running Village was awesome. I think it was my Aunt raising me, she was the Tribe Nurse, and did a tremendous Job. After I was able to help I started working the Fields, and I think somewhere along that Time it went southward. We all did a too chaotic job on the farm and the Seedsupply dwindled. I didn't recognize it at first and our big stockpile helped us survive quite some time. Also I maybe should not have given all my many Kids the chance to survive (I named them all apart of the two that just ran away) and handed them to our Tribe Nurse. Later this was my Sister I think. Nursed the kids of the Tribe a few times myself and tried to always keep the Nursery Corner around the Fire stocked with Carrots.
I Think after I made bowls for the Composting Lady who had asked for them (I think she was from another Family line, but I dont really remember. An elder lady doing a great job with the Compost) Food started getting scarse. I was entrusted with the Bakery and God a nice Equip by the Coolest Old Guy in the Village, who said he had that stuff and job given to himself to the former Coolest Guy. I tried to get the Bakery cranking but carrot supply finally ceased, folks where in a pickle, I think quite a few of us starved and so all the seeding plots where eaten. I was already getting older, loosing my first strength but something had to be done. I stocked a Cart with empty baskets and headed south, and boy where wild carrots rare.
I found a single one after quite a search, sustaining myself on the few berries i found on the way. Then I was lucky: I found another southern tribe, behind a big Wall (Maybe that Trump Clan Wall everyone was talking about a day ago?) They were too few to work their fields and most plots had seeded. I asked if I could get some Seed and they gracefully said I could pick some. Stocked with the Tribesaving Seed I ran back north, one time nearly starving, jsut in time fining a berrybush.
One of my cousins I think had taken charge of the farm and actually had been able to defend three carrots on the last planted plot from being eaten by the starving Clan. I was in time, the tribe was smaller but still with women in childbearing age. Cousin said it wasn't enougth So off I went with my cart again... I now knew where to get what we needed. I could only hope that the Southern Tribe was still well stocked.

When I had rushed down there, the Southern Tribe had imploded. A Lone Man was living by himself. I invited him up to our Tribe, each of us took a cart of seed and off we went. On the way up I thought I had lost him, and headed back shortly. Then My duty compelled me to finish my mission. When I reached the village the Tribe was already experiencing a renaissance on the foundation of my first Seed delivery. But the second one would provide a safety net for the future. I was getting old, and wrinkly by now. After I had found out that my Bakery was in dissarray I realized that I would need to sort out a bit of this. The Man from the Southern Village had found his way up here alone, and was in awe, he had lived here three lives ago. HE seemed competent enougth so I tried to bestow my heirloom clothes and gear on him, which didn't really work as my Niece got the clothes for one of my kids. I still entrusted him with getting the Bakery up and running again. I also gave one of te younger ones the job to ensure that there would always be a few seeding plots. My Seedruns should not proof to have been in vein later.

One of my Cousins, about my own age, but a splendid woman who was Queen by now showed up to say her goodbyes and bestow her Crown on one of my nieces. She declared that she would head to the Forrest to die and I joined her...it was time for us both. Sadly we only made it to the sheeppen until she collapsed. I tried to carry her to the woods but then I succumbed to the slumber of the ages myself.

I really hope the Wolf Lineage and the Northern Tribe is still going strong.

I have to admit the experience was really something. My first full Life on the official Servers since I returned from the Chill-Out server (1/2 hunger) where I had learned a few crafts and It was really epic right away. This game really can give you the feels at times.

Also I am really sorry to the rest of my Tribe that I was so super bad at remembering everyones names.

Last edited by Hygswitch (2018-04-02 22:57:54)

#2 2018-04-03 01:53:50

Siolfor the Jackal

Re: Wolf Family

I wonder if that was the same Wolf clan I was apart of!
I was Eva Wolf. I was queen for a while and had several children but I lost track of what happened to them. I passed on my crown to a niece when I gave up looking for my children.
I remember meeting a traveller from a murdered village named Carl, he was a trapper and very nice.

#3 2018-04-03 16:43:15

Hygswitch

Might very well be, I really couldn't tell.

#4 2018-04-04 04:59:58

janitor

Siolfor the Jackal wrote:

I wonder if that was the same Wolf clan I was apart of!
I was Eva Wolf. I was queen for a while and had several children but I lost track of what happened to them. I passed on my crown to a niece when I gave up looking for my children.
I remember meeting a traveller from a murdered village named Carl, he was a trapper and very nice.

EVA WOLF!!! I was Carl!! I was the guy collecting rabbits for my town down south, on my journey collecting rabbits (they were pretty scarce at the time - just a whole lot of stakes around rabbit holes), I came upon the Wolf Clan and their great village and I met THE NICEST person ever Eva Wolf who let me take a pie.
We bid our farewells and I said I would like to meet her again sometime.
But while I was gone one of my first male cousins murdered my village and as I returned he starting aiming to shoot me too! I ran back to Eva and told her what happened and she and the whole clan let me in simple as that. Later my other cousin who was a girl came on a horse and I told her about her brother (the murderer) and I think her and Eva were trying to find him and get justice haha... good times.
It's so funny you remembered and mentioned me, that made my day, thanks so much Eva Wolf.

Seriously though the Wolf Clan was one of the most kindest Clans I have met.

#5 2018-04-04 05:40:09

Siolfor the Jackal

Carl! Haha. You were very friendly and I remember feeling sad for you about your village. I'm glad I had such a positive effect on your experience smile

#6 2018-04-04 11:06:04

angpaur

Hi!
It was me, the Queen. Was lucky to survive the carrot shortage and I went looking for gold.
Found it quite quickly, so I could make the crown.
I spend my life there trying to make some wheat farm on NE corner of the village.
I wanted to die in the woods, but forgot to eat the one last carrot to fill my stomach ;-)
Indeed it was a nice session.

Board footer