One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-02 22:01:43

Ayala

PvP tips?

Twice I've tried to punish murderers, once with a bow and once with a knife, both times I've failed.
With the bow, the murderer had a knife and was slowly running away, I happened to have a bow at hand and tried to click him, to no avail, always running towards him, never shooting, can you shoot a moving target in the game?

With the knife, the murderer was already "clean", I kept clicking at her with the knife while she moved all over the place, never killing her, until she took a bow and we started running in circles until I was shot, I've never killed anyone before, am I missing something? Are you immune to stabbing while doing certain actions or standing in certain places? Do I need to do something else than just left clicking away? I urgently need to "git gud" at PvP in this game, can't let the griefers be the only ones who know how to fight.

#2 2018-04-02 22:31:00

Aname

Re: PvP tips?

Ayala wrote:

Twice I've tried to punish murderers, once with a bow and once with a knife, both times I've failed.
With the bow, the murderer had a knife and was slowly running away, I happened to have a bow at hand and tried to click him, to no avail, always running towards him, never shooting, can you shoot a moving target in the game?

With the knife, the murderer was already "clean", I kept clicking at her with the knife while she moved all over the place, never killing her, until she took a bow and we started running in circles until I was shot, I've never killed anyone before, am I missing something? Are you immune to stabbing while doing certain actions or standing in certain places? Do I need to do something else than just left clicking away? I urgently need to "git gud" at PvP in this game, can't let the griefers be the only ones who know how to fight.

Rule Number 1. Never stop moving If you stop for one second u ded.
Rule Number 2. before u kill him know where there are some berry bushes so you can eat in safety (if he doesnt follow u)
Rule Number 3. Tell more people about the killer if they already know it skip this.
Rule number 4. only attack them with bow if you have a great shot if they are moving you are prob gonna shoot miss. and then u need to pick up the Arrow and then u prob ded because u stood still for one second.

Rule Number 5. Lookout for trees sometimes they hide behind trees.
Rule number 6. dont help someone fighting the griefer most of the time you kill youre teammate by accident.
Rule number 7. Dont just spam clicking on him. You can only spam click on him when he killed someone and is moving slow or if he is standing still. but not when he is moving you prob are gonna lose ur weapon then.

Rule Number 8. U need a little bit of luck. Sometimes u got him in 1 minute and sometimes it takes youre whole life it depends one youre luck.

Rule number 9. remember his name sometimes the griefer will comeback and act normal.
rule number 10. if you dont have a weapon try to chase him when he drops his bow or knife take the Arrow or knife and try to hide it or use the bow urself.

RULE NUMBER 11. dont run in short circles only run in large circles. but its better if you run straight.

Rule number 12. if he is chasing you just keep running and try to make weird curves so he can lose u and then u try to get to a berry bush.

Rule number 13. ALWAYS KEEP UP WITH YOURE HUNGER BAR if you have less then youre half of you hunger bar you need to eat. most of the time the killer only eats when he is low on food so you already ate and then u can kill him easy.

Rule number 14. Always be on guard when you lost him dont drop youre bow and talk to someone then youre an easy targer and he can snipe u.

After all these rules you just have to be Lucky as i said earlier. sometimes u get him in 1 minute sometimes in a whole hour.

It depends on how good the griefer is.

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#3 2018-04-02 22:37:10

Alf

I wouldn't really agree with the rule 11.

It is better to run around the killer if he has a bow, if he clicks just 1 tile away from him and misses, he drops both the bow and an arrow to the ground. Same story really goes for knives, you just need to be ice cold and be fast enough to pick the weapon from the ground.

#4 2018-04-02 22:41:08

Aname

Alf wrote:

I wouldn't really agree with the rule 11.

It is better to run around the killer if he has a bow, if he clicks just 1 tile away from him and misses, he drops both the bow and an arrow to the ground. Same story really goes for knives, you just need to be ice cold and be fast enough to pick the weapon from the ground.

well ive seen many people running in short circles getting shot. but u dont have to agree i dont mind its just what im Always doing when i encounter a griefer.

99% i kill the griefer with those steps. so i will Always be doing those steps. its just sometimes when im off guard and have no weapon that im killed.

but most of the time im on guard and i kill the griefers pretty fast. i dont have really trouble with griefers at all.

#5 2018-04-02 22:42:03

Lily

This is why I think doors might help in cities. If you have a door on the exit to the city, someone can close it, and then the murderer is trapped inside and when he puts his weapon away and stops to the open the door you can kill him.

#6 2018-04-02 22:43:07

Aname

Lily wrote:

This is why I think doors might help in cities. If you have a door on the exit to the city, someone can close it, and then the murderer is trapped inside and when he puts his weapon away and stops to the open the door you can kill him.

yeah thats a pretty good one too but most of the cities i encounter now dont have doors tho.

#7 2018-04-02 23:07:06

Aname

And Sometimes you just have to adapt a little bit to the griefer because most of the times they all do thing different.

#8 2018-04-03 03:32:33

Verinon1

This is the answer to griefers, right here. Cold hard tactics.

#9 2018-04-03 03:40:10

Ayala

Thanks a lot for the responses, I couldn't find anything like fighting rules anywhere.

#10 2018-04-03 04:22:47

stickyflypaper

Aname wrote:
Lily wrote:

yeah thats a pretty good one too but most of the cities i encounter now dont have doors tho.

People are gonna have to start thinking of their villages as castles and fortresses.

Last edited by stickyflypaper (2018-04-03 04:24:03)

#11 2018-04-03 08:25:29

Aname

One of the better option is if you arm youre city with knives but only give the knives to people you trust and and those who work hard.

so the killer will be killed faster. and he can just kill someone. because there are more people with weapons

#12 2018-04-03 10:01:24

Alleria

Aname wrote:

...Rule number 9. remember his name sometimes the griefer will comeback and act normal...

Thanks Aname, got myself a slimy one just now. The kid thought he'd get away with it if he pretended he was a baker.

Last edited by Alleria (2018-04-03 10:09:10)

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#13 2018-04-03 10:10:03

Aname

Alleria wrote:
Aname wrote:

...Rule number 9. remember his name sometimes the griefer will comeback and act normal...

Thanks Aname, got myself a slimy one just now. The kid thought he'd get away with it if he pretended he was a baker.

No problem. Btw they can change clothes too. So be aware Always remember the name.

And kill people who arent listening if you tell them something. because those are the people who just destroy berry farms by eating all berries.

And If you have a good shot dont hestitate most of the time i hestitate and i miss the shot. then i have to get that Arrow and i takes longer to kill that griefer.

If you want to be a guard scout the outside area of youre village. look for berry bushes. If the griefer is smart he wont eat at carrot farm and prob go to some berry bushes outside the village. And the killer is most of the time just outside the village so Always scout the outside area of youre village. And remember not to stand still.
The best area to protect is farm and breed area. because those are easy targets for the griefer.

Btw Griefers can kill someone on the farm and there wont spawn a corpse so if someone dies at the farm. and there is someone with a bow look if it got blood on it.

And sometimes its smart if you hide a weapon for youreself behind a tree. so if there is a killer you Always have a weapon to protect youreself. and youre village

Last edited by Aname (2018-04-03 10:30:34)

Board footer