You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-21 01:49:43

karltown_veteran

CAN WE ALL JUST STOP

NECROING THREADS PLEASE
THE FORUM IS MESSY ENOUGH AS IT IS
IT DOESNT NEED A BUNCH OF REVIVED THREADS TO CONFUSE PEOPLE

thank you that is all
and yes I do realize I necroed one myself but I only did it to piss of spoonwood

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2019-12-21 02:14:46

DestinyCall

Re: CAN WE ALL JUST STOP

Instead, it only made him stronger.

#3 2019-12-21 02:17:12

Wuatduhf

5a1.png

#4 2019-12-21 02:24:01

DestinyCall

There is only way to end this madness.   We must make new threads faster than Spoon is able to necro old threads!

Who is with me!?

#5 2019-12-21 02:33:04

Spoonwood

Sometimes there exists value in reviving old topics.

Sometimes there exists value in re-evaluating old ideas.

Sometimes it is good that people read more of older ideas than newer ideas.

Sometimes, the path to greater order, is through chaos.  After all, in OHOL, sometimes it's needed to destroy a small part of a building to make a larger one.

And sometimes confusion is necessary before clarity comes.

And Karl, you've now said that you tried to troll me.  That has not been my intention with you or others.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#6 2019-12-21 02:34:04

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

There is only way to end this madness.   We must make new threads faster than Spoon is able to necro old threads!

Who is with me!?

I encourage other people making more threads than I do given that they have some thought behind them and aren't attempts at trolling like Karl's was.

Danish Clinch.

#7 2019-12-21 02:34:07

testo

DestinyCall wrote:

Who is with me!?

Spoonwood is one of the biggest thread makers here lawl, so basically just convince him to make more than he necroes.

I was soo tempeted to bump something from like 2018 to say I just wanted to be popular (like karl?). Then I realized I´m not a dickhead anymore. Maybe I´m getting mature afterall.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#8 2019-12-21 14:22:06

karltown_veteran

FYI everyone my name is not Karl. Karl is a weird ass name and I’m female. I just happen to like an OHOL town called Karltown. Spoonwood, I will troll you if I want to. There is clearly no value in your necroing old threads because no one reads your revival posts and everyone hates them.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#9 2019-12-21 14:48:39

Spoonwood

karltown_veteran wrote:

There is clearly no value in your necroing old threads because no one reads your revival posts and everyone hates them.

Wrong on both counts... https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8722

DestinyCall wrote:

Re-reading this thread makes me realize that the recent update really should change so you automatically follow your MOTHER, not your mother's leader.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … d=5824&p=3

Toxolotl wrote:

I thought this thread was new and it scared me so much. Half expecting the rift to return.

Personally i think all this necro is hilarious.

You go spoonwood.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6365

whatever your name happens to be.

And my apologies for mislabeling you.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-12-21 15:43:12)

Danish Clinch.

#10 2019-12-21 15:32:02

karltown_veteran

I'm pretty sure destiny was talking about the thread and not your answer, because your answer had nothing to do with that. And Toxolotol is literally the only person who finds it funny, apart from maybe Destiny because he/she has a good sense of humor and an abundance of patience.
I think you mean right on both counts VVV

jcwilk wrote:

stop doing this

Kinrany wrote:

Spoonwood, everyone assumes that the thread is recent. Even if we could continue the discussion, it's much better to start a new thread and quote and/or link the important parts. Otherwise people will be constantly confused by old comments that were made in a totally different context.

StrongForce wrote:

All who dislike spoonwood's necros report him please.
This is seeding falls information and attention grabbing.

DarkDrak wrote:

The point is: Spoon, can you stop necroing threads please?

sigmen4020 wrote:

My biggest problem with it is that it's confusing as all hell.

Melea wrote:

Please, just make a new thread with your ideas, and put a link to the relevant old thread in your post.

Lava wrote:

Just start a new topic god damn it.

Gogo wrote:

Before click we don't know if it's new or old topic. Too much clicking.

happynova wrote:

For my part, I check in regularly, pretty much whenever I got bored.  And every time I do, I see that it's still overwhelmingly dominated by Spoonwood and his whining and complaining and ridiculously annoying necroing of old threads, and I nope right back out again.

FulmenTheFinn wrote:

Why moderators aren't doing anything about someone repeatedly necroing over half a year old threads on this board is baffling.

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Maybe posts should be locked after like 6 months.

I wrote:

What the hell Spoonwood? Of course we expect new threads at the top, because no one ever brings back old threads. No one sane, that is. Excluding you, the only person who has decided to bring back old threads.

The people have spoken Spoonwood.
I mean, it's not that it bothers me *that* much. It's just so much easier to quote the original thread, so no one thinks it's new. To be honest, everyone is about 50% sure you are trolling us so we can't really take you serious.
It's cool about the mislabeling, everyone calls me Karl lol. It's like I've adopted a second identity of a German male.

#11 2019-12-21 15:47:48

Melea

karltown_veteran wrote:

To be honest, everyone is about 50% sure you are trolling us so we can't really take you serious.

More than 50%. If not trolling, then I have to think that spoony is either too dim, narcissistic, or full of personal entitlement to ever consider that their way may not be the best way. Doing something that the majority of people appear to hate is not a good way to getting those people to do what you want...which for spoony, is apparently to get 'more informed' about issues spoony thinks is important. I don't even look at his posts anymore and skip past any that pop up in threads. The long diatribes aren't worth my time.

So...pissing off your audience. Yep, that's totally how to get them to pay attention to your message. Jeeze.

karltown_veteran wrote:

It's cool about the mislabeling, everyone calls me Karl lol. It's like I've adopted a second identity of a German male.

Maybe short for Karlina? big_smile

Last edited by Melea (2019-12-21 15:49:27)

#12 2019-12-21 16:03:48

Spoonwood

karltown_veteran wrote:

And Toxolotol is literally the only person who finds it funny, apart from maybe Destiny because he/she has a good sense of humor and an abundance of patience.

Testo had a different opinion than what you cited.  Also, JasonY revived two of my old threads.  Additionally, though he/she appears upset in some places, Arkajalka revived one of his/her threads after the start of my necros.  I hadn't known about that thread, but had made a post on the topic a while back also.

karltown_veteran wrote:

It's just so much easier to quote the original thread, so no one thinks it's new.

Huh?  No, it's easier to make a comment in the original thread and bump it.  Quoting the original thread requires copying and pasting the relevant content, as well as copying and pasting a link.

Honestly, it's also probably easier for you to check the date of the thread than for you to convince me of changing my ways here.

Furthermore, how many of my comments have you read?  Oh, here's an example.  My comment starts as follows:

Spoonwood wrote:

I think that you should go back to how things were the week before you turned the bug into a feature.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6365  The person who started the thread was Jason.  And he's the only person making changes to the game.  It was a serious request on my part and I tried to state my reasons for it.  That's an encouragement for him to do something, not an attempt to get a rise out of people.  I also made a somewhat related thread here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8554

I resurrected another thread stating as follows:

Spoonwood wrote:

Because such is impossible, because of updates and no ability for lineages to survive updates.  The time that a family could survive is also extremely short compared to eternity.  If eternity were a day, a family can survive a mere few seconds of that day (not a joke).

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … d=5824&p=3

I've made several threads on the topic of lineages dying out because of updates: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 349#p83349 another one: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8772 and commented on a related topic here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8715 and said eternal survival was impossible because lineage death by update here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … d=8320&p=3 and now here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8770

Danish Clinch.

#13 2019-12-21 16:09:50

Spoonwood

Melea wrote:

Doing something that the majority of people appear to hate is not a good way to getting those people to do what you want...which for spoony, is apparently to get 'more informed' about issues spoony thinks is important.

Uh, people did read more and made more comments on those old topics.  Wasn't just shitposting.

Melea wrote:

So...pissing off your audience.

Hey, if you want your negative emotions get the better of you, that's your choice, not mine.

Also, it's rather interesting that you're more than 50% sure of me 'trolling' but you admit to not reading my posts.  Nope, it doesn't work that way.  If you don't read what gets posted, you simply cannot know with a high degree of certainty whether or not something is trolling.  And for more on that, see my response to Karltown_veteran above.

It's not even just about getting forum users who have bought the game to get more informed on issues.  If you would have actually looked at my comments and read them, you would have seen that I was trying to talk to Jason via the forums.  He might not have read that, or whatever, or not say anything.  But, still take a look at what I wrote before you decide so quickly, at least if you want to actually figure things out instead of being a troll like karltown_veteran trying to get a rise out of people.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-12-21 16:10:09)

Danish Clinch.

#14 2019-12-21 16:53:06

karltown_veteran

Spoonwood wrote:

Testo had a different opinion than what you cited.

I didn't cite testo.

Spoonwood wrote:

Huh?  No, it's easier to make a comment in the original thread and bump it.

Okay. I'll rephrase that. It's easier for the rest of us. We are sick of having to check the date. No one checks dates because they're typed so small. Nor should anyone need to. And you can't see the date when you see it written on the main forum.

Spoonwood wrote:

Honestly, it's also probably easier for you to check the date of the thread than for you to convince me of changing my ways here.

It's easier for you to change your ways than to argue with every single person that disagrees with you, but here we are.

It's irrelevant whether your comments have any meaning or value. They are still annoying the rest of us, because they bring back old threads. Furthermore, I will not be reading your comments if they're attached to necroed threads. Try posting them on new threads and I might consider it.

#15 2019-12-21 17:09:31

testo

Whatever, you are all taking things too seriously, the forum is ok.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#16 2019-12-21 17:11:13

karltown_veteran

testo wrote:

Whatever, you are all taking things too seriously, the forum is ok.

https://imgur.com/a/67QeimU

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2019-12-21 17:11:20)

#17 2019-12-21 17:44:34

Cantface

This always makes me smile so, uh, I hope it helps a couple peeps smile too; https://youtu.be/nPDH4lZB6HU

Breasticles

#18 2019-12-21 20:12:52

Toxolotl

Quit posting threads about nothing. Ide rather read a necro thread that is at least relevant to the game than a long one about "wah stop necroing!". How many is it now? Four? Too many, its time to stop complaining about spoon and necros and actually discuss the game.

#19 2019-12-21 20:17:54

sigmen4020

Toxolotl wrote:

Quit posting threads about nothing. Ide rather read a necro thread that is at least relevant to the game than a long one about "wah stop necroing!". How many is it now? Four? Too many, its time to stop complaining about spoon and necros and actually discuss the game.

Couldn't agree more.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#20 2019-12-21 20:24:06

DestinyCall

Reminds me of those times when you get an email message sent out to an entire group of people and somebody uses Reply All to respond with some inane comment like "Thanks!" or "Great job.".  Then another person replies ... and another person, spamming the whole group with a half dozen unnecessary emails that are going straight in the trash bin.

Inevitably, someone gets fed up and decides to Reply All to tell EVERYONE to please stop using Replay All because it is SUPER annoying and rude.

Of course, at that point, I feel an intense desire to Reply All to politely request that person cease being an attention-seeking hypocrite.

#21 2019-12-21 20:45:46

karltown_veteran

Toxolotl wrote:

Hey I just posted one. It's an opinion thread. And it's relevant. Chill out.

#22 2019-12-21 21:03:54

Toxolotl

karltown_veteran wrote:

What are the opinions and how are they relevant to the game?

I cant wait to necro this thread in six months.

Last edited by Toxolotl (2019-12-21 21:04:21)

#23 2019-12-21 21:58:05

karltown_veteran

Toxolotl wrote:
karltown_veteran wrote:

Do whatever you like. I’m not starting another argument with a troll who has nothing better to do smile

#24 2019-12-21 22:11:11

jcwilk

Tox confirmed troll griefer.

Y'all act like this thread isn't going to be pointlessly sitting bumped at the top until the end of time

#25 2019-12-21 22:11:43

testo

karltown_veteran wrote:
Toxolotl wrote:
karltown_veteran wrote:

Do whatever you like. I’m not starting another argument with a troll who has nothing better to do smile

He cant necro the thread if you keep it alive for six months. Just sayin.

- Jack Ass

Board footer