One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-17 14:06:47

karltown_veteran

Ideal scenario for governing / ruling

The people all elect a president. In this scenario let’s assume his name is Henry. Then they elect senators. Once the president and 2 to 4 senators are chosen, the senators follow the president. Then 3-5 lords and ladies (people with special jobs like judging medic executioner) follow senators, and the peasants (rest of people) follow lords and ladies. Peasents must give up nice things and clothes to the richer people, president and senators make important decisions, senators/lords and ladies instruct peasants one on one while president stays somewhere protected, possibly tilling his own small farm while he waits for an important decision to be made.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2019-12-18 05:24:30

TheRubyCart

Re: Ideal scenario for governing / ruling

karltown_veteran wrote:

The people all elect a president. In this scenario let’s assume his name is Henry. Then they elect senators. Once the president and 2 to 4 senators are chosen, the senators follow the president. Then 3-5 lords and ladies (people with special jobs like judging medic executioner) follow senators, and the peasants (rest of people) follow lords and ladies. Peasents must give up nice things and clothes to the richer people, president and senators make important decisions, senators/lords and ladies instruct peasants one on one while president stays somewhere protected, possibly tilling his own small farm while he waits for an important decision to be made.

Peasants must give up nice things and clothes to the richer people'

So the United States? smile

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#3 2019-12-18 07:46:56

schmloo

It’s a game, no one is going to want to play genuinely as a peasant. Especially in the small family communities we have now. I wouldn’t bully my younger sister telling her to give me her shoes because I’m her lord, that’s weird and wrong.

Until there’s a larger village network and a way of marking that that village belongs to a certain political party, presidents/kings and senators/dukes aren’t going to work because it’s an intimate family setting (complete with stabbings, shooting and racial slurs thrown around, but the point is made). Most you can have ideally is a county, and even that put into context consists of multiple towns.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#4 2019-12-18 18:00:27

Gogo
Banned

Too much elections, bad idea.

#5 2019-12-18 18:13:40

Saolin

Gogo wrote:

Yeah too time consuming.  At least with the order system there's a way to gather everyone without having to stab someone.

#6 2019-12-18 18:23:12

Kinrany

Maybe the system should be even more abstract, farther from anything even remotely roleplay-like. It shouldn't attract attention, it should just be the way things are.

#7 2019-12-19 18:34:33

karltown_veteran

Gogo wrote:

I disagree elections are fun.
Also I would totally play as a peasant. Makes lives more interesting, you might be born into wealth or poverty.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#8 2019-12-19 19:45:12

Saolin

karltown_veteran wrote:
Gogo wrote:

I disagree elections are fun.
Also I would totally play as a peasant. Makes lives more interesting, you might be born into wealth or poverty.

One election would probably take a few minutes assuming you already had the people gathered, that could fun. 5+ elections though? That's gonna be like 1/3 of everyone's lives, including the elected. Even if everyone had the patience for it, at a certain point there's no time left to do anything anyway making the entire thing moot.

#9 2019-12-20 02:20:49

Gogo
Banned

We voted in Spider Marsh. For first - it was fun, next time not so much. It takes too much time. And I didn't even know who the second candidate was lol. It works only in very small villages, where people already form a bond (knew each other well).

Last edited by Gogo (2019-12-20 02:21:11)

#10 2019-12-20 02:22:36

Lava

Anything Voting or "positions" is roleplay by default. Its not needed and the players need to "act" their role.

Board footer