One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-07 08:08:04

Spoonwood

Mashed Carrot in a Bowl, Why?

I saw someone mash a carrot in a bowl and throw it on a pie the other day.  I had no idea that such was possible, so I guess I personally learned something.  Turns out it's existed since version 52: https://onetech.info/548-Bowl-of-Mashed-Carrot  But, the only use, apparently, of a mashed carrot in a bowl is to make a carrot pie.  And carrot pie can get made by throwing a carrot on the pie crust.

So, why does mashed carrot in a bowl even exist?  Carrots don't decay.  It's more steps to mash a carrot in a bowl and then make a pie than to just throw a carrot into a pie crust.  And I don't see any storage advantages to having a bowl of a mashed carrot.  Again, why does mashed carrot in a bowl exist?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2019-12-07 09:55:47

WalrusesConquer

Re: Mashed Carrot in a Bowl, Why?

I guess for consistancy

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#3 2019-12-07 19:44:02

Ellesanna

Clearly, they dont want chunks in their pie, good sir- for they have class.

#4 2019-12-08 02:06:03

Sopbucket

Huh, I actually didn't know you could just throw a carrot into a pie crust.  I don't think you can do the same with rabbit meat.

I'm going with consistency, considering how the other permutations of carrot pies are made I could see it being frustrating for a new baker to learn that you don't make a normal carrot pie the same way.

#5 2019-12-08 05:13:04

Gomez

LOL! I didn't realize you could carrot pie without mashing, not that I make that many carrot pies.  Which came first the mashed carrot pie or the carrot pie? Clearly the mashed carrot pie is superior tho. lmao

Last edited by Gomez (2019-12-08 05:13:40)

#6 2019-12-08 16:16:33

D3mon1cblack

consistency? like what the oiljack and newc well being able to tear a seal but freestanding not? slaughtering sheep is hungry work but you can just knive a couple of pigs with no consequences? knive works the same as flint but doesnt work on flinttip firebow? yes thats consistency! dont make me laugh XD the game is far from being consistent

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#7 2019-12-08 19:02:39

Spoonwood

D3mon1cblack wrote:

consistency? like what the oiljack and newc well being able to tear a seal but freestanding not? slaughtering sheep is hungry work but you can just knive a couple of pigs with no consequences? knive works the same as flint but doesnt work on flinttip firebow? yes thats consistency! dont make me laugh XD the game is far from being consistent

I thought there existed certain things that we weren't supposed to mention, because Jason has a long history of making the game less enjoyable by certain changes which he believes would make the game better, even though he doesn't have enough experience playing the game to speak for himself meaningfully on such, doesn't have experience playing in game with those changes (who thinks Jason has done oil rigs since rubber seals break?  Heck, his story of trying to do one had him rolling out three pipes and not getting it completed... he didn't get kerosone up), doesn't take statements of player's preferences seriously, and the like.  Then again, Jason would actually have to read this thread in order for him to notice things like this. 

And if Jason is reading this, NO, we're not asking for more hungry work to exist in the game, for example.  If you think that's what players want by pointing out such inconsistencies, get a clue and try to ask why they talk about such an inconsistency.  In my case, now seeing that there's not some hidden reason to have mashed carrot in a bowl exist, I think that mashed carrot in a bowl is a waste of time.  Not exactly a noob trap, but I can't see a good reason for it to exist, since there exists a simpler means to get the same effect.  Well, unless mashed carrot in a bowl has artistic value, I suppose.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-12-08 19:03:34)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#8 2019-12-08 19:35:24

D3mon1cblack

Spoonwood wrote:
D3mon1cblack wrote:

I thought there existed certain things that we weren't supposed to mention, because Jason has a long history of making the game less enjoyable by certain changes which he believes would make the game better, even though he doesn't have enough experience playing the game to speak for himself meaningfully on such, doesn't have experience playing in game with those changes (who thinks Jason has done oil rigs since rubber seals break?  Heck, his story of trying to do one had him rolling out three pipes and not getting it completed... he didn't get kerosone up), doesn't take statements of player's preferences seriously, and the like.  Then again, Jason would actually have to read this thread in order for him to notice things like this. 

And if Jason is reading this, NO, we're not asking for more hungry work to exist in the game, for example.  If you think that's what players want by pointing out such inconsistencies, get a clue and try to ask why they talk about such an inconsistency.  In my case, now seeing that there's not some hidden reason to have mashed carrot in a bowl exist, I think that mashed carrot in a bowl is a waste of time.  Not exactly a noob trap, but I can't see a good reason for it to exist, since there exists a simpler means to get the same effect.  Well, unless mashed carrot in a bowl has artistic value, I suppose.

i am not advocating these things to be changed (exept for flint tipped firebow) im just pointing out to the people saying its for consistency that the game is far of from being consistent

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

Board footer