One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-03 18:58:29

Potjeh

Feast table seems wrong

Now, I'm no American, but the recipe for feast table looks kinda weird to me. Is whipped cream really a thing at Thanksgiving dinner? Or butter? And I thought cranberry sauce is mandatory, as well as mashed potatoes. I suppose baked potato could stand in for mashed, and a gooseberries could stand in for cranberries. Just put bowl of gooseberries on hot coals or something to get sauce.

#2 2019-12-03 19:34:32

Twisted

Re: Feast table seems wrong

You put whipped cream on the pumpkin pie. And I think the bread/butter combo is supposed to represent stuffing.

I also feels it's a bit wrong, but for different reasons. I might be missing something, but it seems that a feast is worth less pips than its ingredients combined, even when you take out the flat food bonus out of equation. I know that the main benefit of the feast is supposed to be overflow, but it still feels a bit weird.

#3 2019-12-03 20:51:36

Spoonwood

I've known vegans to celebrate Thanskgiving, and of course, they don't have animal products for their Thanksgiving meals.  Also, I've known a restaurant to have a plant-based event around Thanksgiving.  And I live in America where Thanksgiving gets celebrated.  There's no required or mandatroy food for Thanksgiving, only that there is food that people enjoy.

Also, this game takes place in the future.  I don't find it implausible that future people would have different Thanksgiving foods than traditionally people have had on Thanksgiving.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-12-03 20:52:04)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2019-12-03 21:03:59

Wuatduhf

Twisted wrote:

You put whipped cream on the pumpkin pie. And I think the bread/butter combo is supposed to represent stuffing.

I also feels it's a bit wrong, but for different reasons. I might be missing something, but it seems that a feast is worth less pips than its ingredients combined, even when you take out the flat food bonus out of equation. I know that the main benefit of the feast is supposed to be overflow, but it still feels a bit weird.

I made a thread a few days ago almost immediately after the recipe for it went up. Since that thread's mostly dead, I'll just transfer the numbers over here.

Ignoring the +2 bonus (which is currently +4 for EZ mode), both the Feast Table and its components are the same 320 Food Pips. I assume this is 100% intentional.

At +2 bonus, the Table is 336 Pips, and the ingredients would produce 368 Pips.
At +4 Bonus, the Table is 352 Pips, and the ingredients would produce 416 Pips.

1) This assumes that we are not adding bonus pips to Whipped Cream or Butter, since they are toppings for Sliced Bread
2) This assumes that both Whipped Cream and Butter are both made into Butter, and used on bread slices - even though additional bread is needed for one of the two.
3) If we removed Whipped Cream from the Pips value for parity of only using the ingredients presented, and nothing extra, the ingredients would be 336 at +2, and 384 at +4.

tl;dr you are partially correct, the Ingredient Pips == Feast Table Pips, but Ingredients are better purely because of the +2/+4 Food bonus.

Last edited by Wuatduhf (2019-12-03 21:07:59)

Board footer