One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-03 01:58:51

Wuatduhf

Feast Table: "Sorry Kids, you sit at the little people table..."

So, the numbers are out for the Feast Table. My initial response is fairly luke-warm about it, and the equivalent value of food pips of the individual items vs. the combined.

Ignoring the +2 bonus (which is currently +4 for EZ mode), both the Feast Table and its components are the same 320 Food Pips. I assume this is 100% intentional.

At +2 bonus, the Table is 336 Pips, and the ingredients would produce 368 Pips.
At +4 Bonus, the Table is 352 Pips, and the ingredients would produce 416 Pips.

1) This assumes that we are not adding bonus pips to Whipped Cream or Butter, since they are toppings for Sliced Bread
2) This assumes that both Whipped Cream and Butter are both made into Butter, and used on bread slices - even though additional bread is needed for one of the two.
3) If we removed Whipped Cream from the Pips value for parity of only using the ingredients presented, and nothing extra, the ingredients would be 336 at +2, and 384 at +4.

In addition to the table existing, if a Griefer is alive while it's created, and are young/old, there is a high likelihood they might try to grab a plate and eat it, effectively burning all of the extra Pips that the +40 would provide. Lots of risk with the table being there for the first 8 people that eat from it.

Do I like it? Hell yeah. But as a hard food pragmatist, the time investment on setting up the table & assembling the ingredients isn't valued, except for the compact nature of the Food Pips provided. I would plead in the case of the Food bonus that the Feast Table should maybe give a bit more food for the effort + losing out on the bonus pips.

I would also argue for the Feast Plate being unable to be picked up until Age 13+, to prevent young spoilage of the Pips.

Last edited by Wuatduhf (2019-12-03 01:59:33)

Board footer