One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-01 22:13:53

SirCaio

Murdered for the first time

So ... I got murdered for the first time in my last playthrough by a random guy that suddenly came out of a building in the city and shot me because i was asking what happened and why there was a bloody corpse in the middle of the bakery (pretty sure it was the same guy who killed this previous one too). You see, I have never been murdered ONCE in the game since I bought it two weeks ago, and I can already say that I don't like the felling of this even a little bit. I'm just sitting here now, wondering what happened to those people in that city (they're probably all dead too). I just hope this whole murder thing gets reworked in the future in a way that prevent people from being so helpless against this kind of situation.

Thanks for your attention.
SirCaio

#2 2018-04-01 23:50:08

Lexyvil

Re: Murdered for the first time

I've read a good idea around here about how to counter those kinds of events: Making more weapons.

There are many more considerate players than there are murderers in a civilization based on my experience. Murderers have a longer cooldown before being able to murder someone else, which gives a chance for other players to fight back, and it also becomes easier to call out and pinpoint who the murderer is now that there is a naming system, assuming the killer has been named upon rebirth.

#3 2018-04-02 05:50:18

breezeknight

i play since few days first & i've seen already a murdered person & was murdered myself

i registered here to be able to write about this issue, that should tell already how important it is to me
& i think that this is a huge problem within this game because

a civilized community has other tools to deal with crime than more weapons or guards

i think the simplest way to deal with an assault on a human is not to be able to kill someone with just one strike (knife, arrow ...)

what happens after that first strike had to be discussed

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-04-02 05:51:41)

#4 2018-04-02 06:02:01

Sakkiyn

Why do you think in the wild wild "lawless" west, everyone had the right to wear a gun and defend themselves. Of course you can not re-spawn with full memory of past lives in real life. A sad by-product of met-gaming and childish people. So these does need to be some way to curb or punish this behaviour, a Pavlov's dog scenario so to speak. That way if you do these things, you know you will be punished. If you do the crime you are willing to do the time.

I would like to see a prison/dungeon scenario. If someone is convicted of a crime they can be sentenced to do some real life time. Each murder has a time penalty that is server consecutively. No hunger strikes allowed, you must serve your full time. If you quit/ log out or DC then you must serve that time in the log in screen or of the prison is still stranding you log in there. Probably not an easy solution, but sounds fun, oh and don't drop the soap ...

#5 2018-04-02 15:41:17

TrustyWay

I find the cooldown utterly too long but it's fair.

You easily have the time to get a bow and arrow to kill someone that just killed another one, so now even suckerpunch assaults are quiet hard. You have to be many.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-02 15:42:37)

#6 2018-04-02 17:46:03

EvilBlackCat

I was actually murdered for the first time the other day too. (Well, it happened once before but pretty sure it was an accident.)

Anyway, I was born to an Eve and she was doing a fantastic job raising me. We found a little home area and were getting settled in. As soon as I turned four she had two more children. I was just getting my bearings and trying to find out what task most needed my attention when some woman shows up and stabs Mama. I would have grabbed a bow if I was old enough (There was one close by) but, alas, I was not. I hesitated only a second wondering if I could help my siblings at all but could think of nothing. I hovered my mouse over the woman wanting to get her name so I could get revenge.

Her name was Emma. Once I had this information I ran off into the wild intending to come back and hunt Emma down as soon as I was able. Then I ran into a wolf.

I was annoyed but just went ahead and hit "Be reborn." When I spawned my mother held me and said, "You are Emma."

Board footer