One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-01 05:34:49

surreptitous

People will find a way to ruin the game. Must have a report feature

Towns are being massacred.  People are deliberately trying to kill others by running off with food etc.  Probably not anything we can do about it in this type of game but it can be disheartening

#2 2018-04-01 06:16:36

devlinwyatt

Re: People will find a way to ruin the game. Must have a report feature

No I agree, I came on just to let others note that something has to be done. I spent all game chasing someone who started trolling by trying to take all the arrows out of town. Then when he was big enough he ran around with a shovel and dug up every berry bush he could find WHILE I'M CHASING AND SHOOTING ARROWS AT HIM! I swear he was also using hacks because half the time I was chasing him his character would veer off suddenly, glitch, and disappear.

I love the game but this griefing needs to stop. I don't want to play anymore if this is what I have to look forward.

#3 2018-04-01 06:31:28

Lepisma

Had that exact same problem earlier, Devlin. Hah, wonder if you were the grandson I was chasing him with! It's pretty much impossible to click a moving person. The mouse won't hover on them correctly, seems like.

Last edited by Lepisma (2018-04-01 06:31:57)

#4 2018-04-01 08:12:22

Thexus

stop whining, seriously

the dev added this feature, why would he ban anyone who uses it? and this game is supposed to represent reality, dont you think that people killed each other in the past? he even added a name feature, so you can remember who is the killer and kill him later. and no, he wont do anything about griefers, because dont you think that there were vandals and thieves in the past?

this is not an rpg, this is a fucking civilization simulator

Last edited by Thexus (2018-04-01 08:12:36)

Discord: Translators' Server, Thexus#3774
Working again on translations, oof

#5 2018-04-01 09:31:01

Traddy

This exact same scenario happened in a village I was in tonight, guy comes through with a shovel and wipes the berry field out, then runs away with a person chasing them with a bow, maybe we're all from the same village lol. Berry field had a wooden path through it and my name was Eve Dover.

Anyway, regarding the topic, there really isn't much to do, some people are going to go around being dicks for fun, just how that works. A report feature wouldn't help the situation, especially since the game has a single staff member lol. Just try thinking of it as part of the game, in early civilizations there was constant war and crime, so just think of it like that. We must adapt.

Charles Hart - Killed by Silvia Hart
Final words: "I have the knife"
––––––––––––––––––––––
UnregisteredAccount

#6 2018-04-01 09:57:06

Stankysteve

I made an account for this thread. Sorry if the message is rough, I'm on a phone.

I was in that town, a larger well organized one. One of the young men characters dug up at least fifty healthy berry bushes people were working. I followed him and watched him then take carts out of town. Life went on, told the other people about what happened and eventually died at a young age on an errand.

On respawn he had come back. He came to the baby incubator AKA fireplace, and kidnapped me. He ran very very far from civilization, and I had morbid curiosity stopping me from resisting. "Ur" "tht" "guy!" I utter as a child.

"Yes I am", he replies. I understood his plan. He was murdering indirectly by taking me far away from mothers and pies and berries. I didn't get to finish saying "am i" "guna"...

..."die.", he finishes my sentence... And within a minute, I do. It was an interesting experience. I wish I was livestreaming it. It is a shame one dirty individual can completely undo the work of many in seconds. Even if there were "armed guards", even if he was killed, the awful damage was done easily. I do not know about hacks but I know it was a shame he had no name, we could only describe his character. Eves, moms, name yourselves. Name your kids.

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-04-01 09:59:20)

#7 2018-04-01 10:17:35

Whoopie

I agree with Thexus. As this is an intended design, maybe not straight ban, but something that could be used to identify or some kind of disadvantage that persists even after reborn for some time? Could be useful. Think about it as a karma. As we agree reincarnation is part of the system. Karma, which complement it if we look at Buddhism, is historically and logically coherent.

Sure, civilisation would take a while until we come up with a system to counteract this problem (one of them is religion, I think), so let's see where our discussion about this will bring us.

"So what do you think, the main problem in One Hour One Life?"
"Probably, this."

#8 2018-04-01 10:20:55

Stankysteve

Sorry for the double but I remember the first (and so far only) time I had to kill.

Wandering Eve spawn who found many small abandoned  camps before I ended up settling her at a nicer one.  Hard busy life, had 4 kids, three male one female. One male died, the other I never saw again. The female was the youngest and worked hard.

The male sat around the fields eating carrots. Not working the fields, just standing around earing carrots. At first I told him to find something to do. He was young and replied "caro""t". Whatever. A few years later I offered to teach him how to compost and properly farm. He wandered off mid explanation. Not for food. He had a basket of carrots I grew...

Years later I see him standing around eating carrots again and doing nothing. I told him to leave if he wasn't going to help.  He then started to drag one of our two only (wheel free) carts loaded with carrots and other supplies off.

"No" I stop him and start dragging it back. At this point I'm easily over fifty years old. He goes back and grabs the other, us passing eachother dragging loud awkward carts without wheels. I put mine down and foraged around the old used camp and managed to find it; bow and arrow.

Had never used one before but knew he was a threat to my daughter and the lineage. I followed the loud dragged cart sounds and after awkward control fumbling shot him dead. I was probably 57 at that point and knew I had no time to bring the slow carts back. I sprinted back to town to see my daughter had two kids helping the farm, and was starting to get old too. I told what I could as fast as I could "I had to kill your idiot brother, he was stealing the supplies and never helped."
"Lol"
"Carts are west of town I'm too old". Managed to utter a direction or two to the grandkids before dying....I remember at one point I told him "you're the reason people kill males" - not actually a policy I support but boy was he a dink.

Sorry to thread jack.

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-04-01 10:26:28)

#9 2018-04-01 16:38:38

stickyflypaper

I'd be happy if it was just made easier to stop and/or catch someone who is causing destruction of life and property. As it is, the people chasing someone down are more likely to kill each other than the perpetrator.

#10 2018-04-01 20:53:19

FounderOne

today I faced two trolls that worked together.... One is already hard. But two working together....

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#11 2018-04-01 21:01:09

Lily

A lot of the griefing stuff is not intended and can potentially be fixed. Killing people is allowed and is okay, but doing things like placing an object to block people isn't and was fixed with this last update. I am thinking they need to make it so if you dig up something, you have to remain stationary for a second. That isn't much of an inconvenience for normal players, but if someone is doing it to grief then they have to stand still, so you can actually attack them.

#12 2018-04-02 05:25:33

Sakkiyn

Lily wrote:

A lot of the griefing stuff is not intended and can potentially be fixed. Killing people is allowed and is okay, but doing things like placing an object to block people isn't and was fixed with this last update. I am thinking they need to make it so if you dig up something, you have to remain stationary for a second. That isn't much of an inconvenience for normal players, but if someone is doing it to grief then they have to stand still, so you can actually attack them.

Yes like with the slow for murder, if you dig a berry bush it takes 3-4 shovels with loud digging sound accompanying it. Pick a non fruiting milkweed, you are attacked by "noisy buzzing" bees or flying bugs for 3-4 seconds, snare a rabbit with no baby maybe have the "jack" rabbit chase you (while squeeling his displeasure) and bite your feet for 3-4 seconds for killing his "jane". Also this way if you did it by accident you are alerted, if you are new you might stop and think before continuing the same action. Make carts so you can "anchor" them or maybe remove the wheels and handle to make them boxes again. This way it is not so easy for thieves to steal. Or make  them lockable with an actual key that is bound to a player so they need lockpicks to open it (a time consuming and obvious process).

Board footer