One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-20 09:15:12

miskas

I played in the Noob apocalypse and my bbs survived, here how to do it

Until Jason balance the game to 1 Eve per 4 players, so we can keep up, we can do it artificially ourselves.

when 5 take a basket and leave camp.

go to fresh lands, eat , get strong.

run further, make a  hatchet, run again to new berries and milkweed. never return to the same place.

make a fire bow. now you have a basket with 1 hatchet, 1 fire bow, one food item. Run again.

before 13 find a spot with a lot of berries, to prepare for the first bb. make an extra basket and leave it there.

give birth, explain bbs the strategy.

The strategy: curry basket, follow me, follow the ! whistle. 

organize your BBs:
Have you zoom?
are you veteran?
(if he is new you know its from notification)

name all zoom kids with Z, name all veterans with V, name noobs with N

HOW to use bbs:
Z will be harvesting resources and bring it to the team
V will be taking care of new bbs
N are there to be fed , follow you and curry your staff.

inform noobs:
say f when hungry, Many new players,onetech.info for crafting, play tutorial.

BB reaches 3: fill his basket with berries feed him and say RUN.
Always walk from bush to bush, whistle to guide him through. keep him fed

repeat for the next bb
you will probably have like 3 baskets now ( meaning 3-4 people following you), go to a new bush, if you have a V or Z bb say Z/V get sharpstone , to others say EAT. wait for the Z to come, Tell him EAT, then RUN.

Next item snare , you have a lot of peeps now you don't need an item food in your basket, just keep your belly full from wild bushes.
Run again. be sure that bbs get the tactic, make sure every time you stop to a bush to say EAT. Then RUN. Whistle if you turn or loses sight.

Next item, Flint Chip. repeat the same as for sharp stone, Z get flintchip, wait, EAT, RUN

Next item, rabits, new bush, give your snare to Z take his flint chip to make room in his basket. Z burdock. wait , EAT , RUN.
go to the new bush near pair, Z hunt rabbit. Wait , EAT, RUN

Next item, Needle. run to a place with berries and maple. make 2 fires. one to keep you all warm and the other to cook rabbits.

Use milkweed for thread, Repeat RAbbit hunting till you have bp, then cloths.
( You will have reached 60 by now, the final phrase " Keep Running " )

Last edited by miskas (2019-11-20 12:03:18)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#2 2019-11-20 09:21:16

Coconut Fruit

Re: I played in the Noob apocalypse and my bbs survived, here how to do it

Exciting gameplay.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#3 2019-11-20 09:28:56

DestinyCall

Next Update:  Wild Berry Nerf.   Too OP.

#4 2019-11-20 09:32:11

DestinyCall

But speaking seriously, this does work and it is probably the best strategy for surviving baby-apocolypses.

If you are lucky enough to be born male ... stay alive and do your best to fix the town.   Even if everyone dies, the woods are probably full of displaced players smart enough to escape the death storm.   You can rebuild!

#5 2019-11-20 09:41:52

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

This is a good idea. The whistling and naming categories is a cute idea. I don't really agree with leaving camp though. You're most likely dooming your family line by doing this and your children will have to start over again.

Also this is only good for a few new babies, but I'm not exaggerating when I say I got 12 babies in one life and 11 of them were new players. One after the other over and over. I tried teaching a few of the middle ones but things just got too confusing and overwhelming. New players abandon their children and you're left taking care of them too. I was only able to teach one when I was 40. 1 out of 12 is really bad.

I really think the tutorial needs to be expanded. A simple farming guide would save people so much grief. Onetech NEEDS to be inside the client somewhere too. People have no idea what it is.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#6 2019-11-20 09:46:24

jcwilk

10/10 would read again, pages flew by

#7 2019-11-20 10:17:58

miskas

tried it again and was working nicely, especially if your first child is Z.
We got 3 pants,2 hats, and 1 backpack,  by the time I was 40.

prioritize pants, then do hats, then if you find the perfect place with food near and lots of rabbits do bps.

think your kids as your storage, they curry tools around just make sure they eat.

Killing a village? MAN, we feed the excess people of the village and let people live there. We have too many ppl. I don't think any village will have BB shortages.

we would be soon more wealthy from the village, Full clothed and everyone would have a bp.
all tools would be in our bps. food and staff, we can start a village whenever we like.

Too bad I got Disconnected and couldn't rejoin.

After all, kids have bps make a klin, and make bowls. Nomad family can now have all tools in bps and curry Berry bowls. ( huge upgrade)

Then move again fill berry bowls, run again. Find the perfect spot and settle there.

Last edited by miskas (2019-11-20 10:52:35)

Food value stats

#8 2019-11-20 10:26:35

Greenwood

Cool strategy. With so many babies, running away into the wilderness and foraging is probably the best solution. If you do it in a straight line from the town well, then your baby diaspora might be able to find their way home one day. Just make sure to tell em that west is best XD.

#9 2019-11-20 11:55:58

miskas

Until Jason Ballance the game to have 1 Eve per 4 people we can do it manually.

The better strategy, make all the 6 tools yourself, you have plenty of time for it.  (hatcher,firebow,snare,Sharpstone,flint,Needle)
make a third basket and fill it with burdocks. Then wait on fire, by reaching 14 you will probably get bombarded with bbs, name only 3 and feed only 3.
They will reach age 3 at about the same time, you take baskets and go. Never bother to keep any other bb before you get 35 and have gear/cloths .

I got like 7 bbs in a row tongue

Food value stats

#10 2019-11-20 16:22:59

luckynmd

Got caught in the baby rain yesterday, I will follow your game plan tonight Miskas ! GJ!

#11 2019-11-20 16:50:58

miskas

did it again, 3 pants 2 hats 3 backpacks, then i settled. and made klin , oven and stone hoe right away. (rope is infinite when you run)
Whenever I massively hunted rabbits I also cooked them. Making a fire on the spot is SUPER EASY.

It works guys RUN! big_smile

never give clothes to kids, clothe the mothers, they are more reliable that they will follow you.

Last edited by miskas (2019-11-20 16:54:01)

Food value stats

#12 2019-11-20 17:01:47

DestinyCall

Yeah, I try to clothe my eldest child and then pass on the clothing to the next oldest.     The clothing helps a lot, but we never have enough.

#13 2019-11-20 18:55:19

Gomez

good shit miskas, really like the naming strat I've been using A B C names for child order which doesn't really add much.  I might adopt your Z V N naming convention.

Major truth to this only done four lives in baby apocalypse first one was in beri locust camp and fitness got rekt 6 points.  Bounced the next three lives and made outposts and fitness went up.

nomad strats til the races converge then we can make cities.

Teaching kids temp control and to feed off eve til five helps as well if eve camping.

Edit ok done editing i think meh

Last edited by Gomez (2019-11-20 19:06:49)

#14 2019-11-20 19:22:48

miskas

I am getting good at this I have my own bp before the 1st BB.
And gene score goes Up and Up lol ^_^
NOMAD LIFE FTW!

Fun fact: This is actually good for the noobs, they learn basic stuff and how to survive.
do you die in cities? go WILD be a Nomad!

Last edited by miskas (2019-11-20 19:25:40)

Food value stats

#15 2019-11-21 03:50:32

Gomez

You've done a great service to the community Miskas look at the leaderboard many more above sixty now you were a great force in ending of the kid pocalypse....you and I solved problem round same time...nomad life.

Please tell me you numba one on fitness board?  Otherwise numba one on fitness riding your coat tails..because fitness was tanking until you instructed the community to go nomad. Maybe solved on own but still a good player probably lol.

Also right now good time to farm fitness as live span is recovering from fitness tanking...odd system we have here.  Earlier today I was top of board at 65 now  thirteen people over 60 and top is 98.  I'm content at  60+ currently at 75.

I think fitness over 60 needs some diminishing returns if 98 hit so easy tbh.  Could have anomaly given low life span and massive solving of fitness tanking led to easy fitness gain??? IDK brain storming and off topic but tangent.

Last edited by Gomez (2019-11-21 03:57:11)

Board footer