One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-20 02:47:04

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Random

So yesterday I was playing the game and then well ya I was grifing so anyway this guy that we killed said something like this game is his only social way of talking to people and he said he cant walk in real if ur reading this can you please hit me up in my email I really really didnt mean to make ur day bad this is just how I play really and I mean nothing upon it when I do it please hit me up if ur reading this

I really love this baby on my display

#2 2019-11-20 03:11:59

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Re: Random

You make everyone who plays this game's life worse. Hope this is an eye opening moment to you. People spend hours and hours building something up and you tear it down because you're just a bad person.

Hope you wake up, and spread positivity instead of negativity. You get what you put out.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#3 2019-11-20 03:24:19

Gogo
Banned

Post apocalyptic wrote:

this game is his only social way of talking to people and he said he cant walk in real

Thanks, now I will always use lines like this when griefers get me. ;D

Last edited by Gogo (2019-11-20 03:24:33)

#4 2019-11-20 03:27:13

Post apocalyptic
Banned

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

You make everyone who plays this game's life worse. Hope this is an eye opening moment to you. People spend hours and hours building something up and you tear it down because you're just a bad person.

Hope you wake up, and spread positivity instead of negativity. You get what you put out.

I'm not really a bad person if I was would i really be writing this xD wouldn't I just laugh it off if I was a bad person

#5 2019-11-20 04:19:26

DestinyCall

Yeah, you are a bad person.   You are going to go back to griefing, even though you know it hurts good people.   You find your fun by ruining the enjoyment of others.   

This post shows that you know it is wrong, but you are going to grief again.   You will think up some excuse for why it is okay to keep hurting other players, even though they are real people with real emotions.  Because it gives you pleasure to hurt others and you don't want to stop having fun.

That makes you a pretty lousy human being in my book.

#6 2019-11-20 04:20:27

Spoonwood

You clearly take pleasure in other people's misery.  That's called sadism.  Seriously, a reevaluation of your habits is in order.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2019-11-20 08:09:54

Post apocalyptic
Banned

DestinyCall wrote:

Yeah, you are a bad person.   You are going to go back to griefing, even though you know it hurts good people.   You find your fun by ruining the enjoyment of others.   

This post shows that you know it is wrong, but you are going to grief again.   You will think up some excuse for why it is okay to keep hurting other players, even though they are real people with real emotions.  Because it gives you pleasure to hurt others and you don't want to stop having fun.

That makes you a pretty lousy human being in my book.

I think ur forgetting that this is only a game I dont really do any of this in real  life

#8 2019-11-20 08:40:07

DestinyCall

And yet what you do in the game affects real people in the real world.   Strange how multiplayer games work like that.

#9 2019-11-20 08:47:30

Post apocalyptic
Banned

DestinyCall wrote:

And yet what you do in the game affects real people in the real world.   Strange how multiplayer games work like that.

Well this guy I felt bad for and I do wanna talk to him cuz he is a special case but if ur having a perfectly normal like and you really get beat down because you got griffed in a game then you are a spoiled brat tbh the way some people throw a tantrum because they got killed is ridiculous it's just a game no need to throw a tantrum as I said if you have no problems in ur life at all and getting killed effects ur real life then u have a problem and it's not mine tbh

#10 2019-11-20 08:48:32

DestinyCall

Whatever lets you sleep at night, sweet prince.

#11 2019-11-20 08:48:33

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Also I don't recommend playing an online game that there is a risk of getting killed if you are going to throw a tantrum it's just not ur thing

#12 2019-11-20 09:16:33

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

There's online games where killing is the main goal. This game is "a multiplayer survival game of parenting and civilization building". You're just abusing a very easy system. You're not good, you have no skill, I've killed you plenty of times, and you'll never touch a skilled player. You take advantage of the new and unskilled players because you're so bad at the one thing you do.

No amount of killing and griefing will ever feel as good as being respected and trusted by the community. You're just a joke here. Is this really what you want? It might just be a game, but the community around it is full of really amazing funny people. You're missing all that because you are being such a clown. People can change, griefers can be reformed. You could too if you actually wanted to be a part of this community.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#13 2019-11-20 11:31:12

Kaveh

Post apocalyptic wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Well this guy I felt bad for and I do wanna talk to him cuz he is a special case but if ur having a perfectly normal like and you really get beat down because you got griffed in a game then you are a spoiled brat tbh the way some people throw a tantrum because they got killed is ridiculous it's just a game no need to throw a tantrum as I said if you have no problems in ur life at all and getting killed effects ur real life then u have a problem and it's not mine tbh

Sorry but everyone has problems in their life. Life isn't perfect and it never will be.
Not being able to walk doesn't mean they're a special case. Neither does not having much of a social life.

You showing pity for someone with a disability, but being rude to anyone else makes you look like a massive asshole tbh. Just treat people respectfully. You don't know what they've gone through, even if you think they're 'normal'.

#14 2019-11-20 12:46:45

schmloo

Stop feeding this rat attention.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#15 2019-11-20 14:23:12

Post apocalyptic
Banned

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

There's online games where killing is the main goal. This game is "a multiplayer survival game of parenting and civilization building". You're just abusing a very easy system. You're not good, you have no skill, I've killed you plenty of times, and you'll never touch a skilled player. You take advantage of the new and unskilled players because you're so bad at the one thing you do.

No amount of killing and griefing will ever feel as good as being respected and trusted by the community. You're just a joke here. Is this really what you want? It might just be a game, but the community around it is full of really amazing funny people. You're missing all that because you are being such a clown. People can change, griefers can be reformed. You could too if you actually wanted to be a part of this community.

I actually only get killed because when I let people I dont know who u think is me but I'm pretty sure you never killed me lol I probably kill you all the time and tbh idc if you think I'm a clown considering that you dont even know me a person and I dont know you to lol we will never even meet with you or any of these people in here half of the people ur talking to you dont even meet them in real lmfao but again you think that ur so great because ur accepted in a community that dont even know you or see you in real life lol ur acting like some kind off Hollywood star lmfaoo chill down ur only accepted in a discord ohol chat doesnt make u great or popular try being liked in real life then brag about that dont come here and brag cuz a discord community accepts you lol btw u never really killed lmfaooo but I'm glad that try to think that you did hahaha I actually kill a whole village lmfao yet u think that I cant touch a skilled player haha keep dreaming also people like you makes me love grieffing even more xD

Last edited by Post apocalyptic (2019-11-20 14:24:09)

#16 2019-11-20 14:33:24

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Also if anyone here is gonna judge me based on a game then I rather not know any of you in real tbh I really hate people who judge people let along judging based on a game that's to immature

#17 2019-11-20 15:12:17

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Kaveh wrote:
Post apocalyptic wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Sorry but everyone has problems in their life. Life isn't perfect and it never will be.
Not being able to walk doesn't mean they're a special case. Neither does not having much of a social life.

You showing pity for someone with a disability, but being rude to anyone else makes you look like a massive asshole tbh. Just treat people respectfully. You don't know what they've gone through, even if you think they're 'normal'.

Anyone else who's interested I actually work in a soup kitchen I donate every day to adoption centres and I help everyone who needs it even though I dont have alot but all of you guys here think ur so special and nice cuz you play nice in the game haha I bet non of you here ever worked in a soup kitchen ? But as long as u help in ohol ur better then me lol get in the real world guys instead of being behind a computer for hours and going like oh we're the nice people u guys are a joke to me tbh

#18 2019-11-20 16:43:28

DestinyCall

You don't think other people matter, yet you want us to know that you are a good person?    You treat people like trash in the game we all play together, but you think you deserve respect in the game's forum?   

Oh please.

Grow up and start acting like an adult.   Actions have consequences, in life AND in games.    How you treat other people is important.    Your posts tell us all we need to know to judge you as a terrible player AND a horrible human being.    You know what you are doing is wrong behavior.   You know the villagers you interact with in OHOL are not NPCs.  They are real people just like you.   They just want to play the game and have fun.   There is no excuse for what you do.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-11-20 17:00:22)

#19 2019-11-20 18:20:35

Post apocalyptic
Banned

DestinyCall wrote:

You don't think other people matter, yet you want us to know that you are a good person?    You treat people like trash in the game we all play together, but you think you deserve respect in the game's forum?   

Oh please.

Grow up and start acting like an adult.   Actions have consequences, in life AND in games.    How you treat other people is important.    Your posts tell us all we need to know to judge you as a terrible player AND a horrible human being.    You know what you are doing is wrong behavior.   You know the villagers you interact with in OHOL are not NPCs.  They are real people just like you.   They just want to play the game and have fun.   There is no excuse for what you do.

Didnt you read what I said ?  I  work in a soup kitchen I donate all the time even though I have nothing but oh wait ur a good person because u make pies and make clothes on ohol and I kill instead please dude lmfao u need to grow up and think it's just a game and what matters is real life not this silly game do you work in any charity do you give people money even though ur broke ?

#20 2019-11-20 18:23:25

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Also when I play on ohol and not grief all of the people start telling me I'm the nicest person ever its cuz they dont know who I am but if i did actually it happened once i was playing normally and helping then the girl was like ur nice are u in discord i said yes i told her my name shes like oh ur the griffer thot I'm assuming shes one of ur people lobut it's it's ok eleven thou I didnt do anything lmfao

#21 2019-11-20 18:25:30

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Stop pretending like ur community is so nice and respectful and not judgemental it is lol but you guys dont like getting judged which is a joke lol u need to grow up and look at urself before u judge others

#22 2019-11-21 20:25:00

Saolin

Just because you work in a soup kitchen and donate money doesn't automatically make you a good person regardless of other things you do.

It is good you do those things though, and that you're expressing remorse for what you did is a good sign.

I've worked in humanitarian jobs since finishing university and sometimes I'll have people tell me I'm a good person for the work that I do, but they're wrong, it doesn't make me a good person. I think of other people I know working in the same jobs that have no qualms with using greasy social tactics to get their way, or relish in the opportunity to have power over the lives of others, or can even be straight up sociopaths themselves.

Nobody's perfect but whether you're a good person or not is a summation of all the things you do. Doing a few good things with your life is not an automatic free pass of impunity to do whatever you want with the rest of it.

Yes, it's just a game, but taking pleasure in the displeasure of others is an antisocial personality trait.  I am glad you felt bad about the encounter that led you to start this thread. I hope you will learn from that experience and grow as a person.

Last edited by Saolin (2019-11-21 20:32:36)

#23 2019-11-21 20:45:23

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Saolin wrote:

Just because you work in a soup kitchen and donate money doesn't automatically make you a good person regardless of other things you do.

It is good you do those things though, and that you're expressing remorse for what you did is a good sign.

I've worked in humanitarian jobs since finishing university and sometimes I'll have people tell me I'm a good person for the work that I do, but they're wrong, it doesn't make me a good person. I think of other people I know working in the same jobs that have no qualms with using greasy social tactics to get their way, or relish in the opportunity to have power over the lives of others, or can even be straight up sociopaths themselves.

Nobody's perfect but whether you're a good person or not is a summation of all the things you do. Doing a few good things with your life is not an automatic free pass of impunity to do whatever you want with the rest of it.

Yes, it's just a game, but taking pleasure in the displeasure of others is an antisocial personality trait.  I am glad you felt bad about the encounter that led you to start this thread. I hope you will learn from that experience and grow as a person.

Ur the only one who wrote a nice comment look at the other comments and then they go like why is she so mean lol theyre pathetic and also you gotta balance things if im doing good in real and playing bad in a game which is more important?

#24 2019-11-21 21:01:29

The_Anabaptist

Matthew 6: 1-4 (New International Version)
Giving to the Needy

1“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

The_Anabaptist

#25 2019-11-21 21:04:06

DestinyCall

They are both important.   That is our point.   You have a very bad reputation in this community based on your actions in a game we all share.

Don't pretend you don't know why people are being so mean to you.   Take responsibility for your choices.

Board footer