One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-18 06:34:17

happynova

Where are all the animals?

I just played in an early settlement, and I didn't realize it until I went to find a sheep, but... there weren't any.  No sheep, no boars, no bison, no turkeys.  Nowhere.  Just a sad, empty, critterless world.  Anybody know what's going on?

#2 2019-11-18 08:47:27

Alec

Re: Where are all the animals?

I want have more information of that.

I found same problem's cause in here: https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/issues/332 .
Now longTermCulling is disabled.
So, there is some another problem.
Need more information.

so, appynova, do you remember your name in game?
I can found you birth position from your name from public birth logs.
That is first step to reproduce bugs.

#3 2019-11-18 12:36:41

miskas

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#4 2019-11-18 13:59:54

happynova

Sorry for not replying sooner, Alec.  I had to get to sleep.

I was Daisy Love.

So, you think I was born in a spot that had accidentally been culled of animals?  For what it's worth, I went quite some distance around the town in most directions on my sheep hunt and saw absolutely nothing, so it was a pretty big area.  Although I don't think I went very far east, which is maybe the most likely direction to have actually found something in.  (Based on this post, I think Gomez was in the same family but separated early on, and found towns with no problem.  I'm guessing they were towns with animals.)

Hope this gets fixed soon.  I gotta say, that was just about the saddest life, most depressing life I've ever lived. It was such a promising town, too!

#5 2019-11-18 15:17:27

Ilka

On an empty server (11) I couldn't find any animals (except rabbits and geese).

Everything has disappeared, even the mosquito.

#6 2019-11-18 15:31:17

Wuatduhf

So, for anyone seeing this thread that still doesn't quite understand:

- The new terrain generation is, for whatever reason, no longer properly spawning animals when first viewed.
- Because of this, no "empty" parts of a server will generate the traditional mobs - Snakes, Horses, Mouflon, Bison, Mosquitos, etc. etc.

What this means is that any new starting towns, in order to acquire the domesticated animals, must venture back to the "Old Towns" to acquire them, and then haul them all the way back to the new town.

I just had a life in the Limehouse family and managed to find a sheep off to the East at the very, very end of my life. I only managed to get it halfway back to town before I hit starving, so I had to stop. I managed to show a kid the sheep, and fed it, so that they could continue carrying its offspring all the way back.

I can only hope that he manages to finish the job. Worst case scenario the sheep's dead and the next attempt will be harder.

#7 2019-11-18 15:38:14

Ilka

What nonsense ... But thank you for the answer.

This means that empty servers cannot be played at this time.

Board footer