One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-17 08:37:22

st2019

Got THREE kids while bitten by a wolf ...

Should this be possible? I'ts awful for genetic score ...

I'm an expert for: Sharp Stones

#2 2019-11-17 08:38:25

fug

Re: Got THREE kids while bitten by a wolf ...

It's a rich and interesting dynamic. You deserved it for stepping on a wolf or something ask Jason.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2019-11-17 08:51:14

jcwilk

Free c-section, no wonder they're just popping on out

#4 2019-11-17 09:20:24

Spoonwood

fug wrote:

It's a rich and interesting dynamic. You deserved it for stepping on a wolf or something ask Jason.

I think birthing kids in this sort of situation predates swords.  Not sure if Jason used a line like that to justify this happening either.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2019-11-17 09:31:27

DestinyCall

If only babies could be raised by wolves, then this story could have a happy ending.

#6 2019-11-17 11:59:04

The_Anabaptist

If I'm gonna be raised by wolves, then I want to be able to bite other humans and spill out their entrails!  And have domestic dogs follow me around everywhere like I'm the pack alpha!  I'm up for this content upgrade!

The_Anabaptist

#7 2019-11-17 14:05:15

Kaveh

fug wrote:

For sure. Somethin like "You should be careful as a woman cuz you could get babies at any time, so you have to be prepared for it."

I.e., if you're a woman, you shouldn't walk outside all by yourself; getting attacked is most definitely your fault for being careless. Very realistic and such. Tiny big yikes

#8 2019-11-17 17:17:31

jcwilk

Kaveh wrote:
fug wrote:

For sure. Somethin like "You should be careful as a woman cuz you could get babies at any time, so you have to be prepared for it."

I.e., if you're a woman, you shouldn't walk outside all by yourself; getting attacked is most definitely your fault for being careless. Very realistic and such. Tiny big yikes

Are you #MeToo-ing the wolf?

#9 2019-11-17 17:32:22

DestinyCall

Well, running around in that skimpy reed skirt, she was just begging for some sky babies, if you ask me.  I mean, if she didn't want to be eaten by a wolf, she should have been standing by the fire, like a good baby oven.

#10 2019-11-17 22:42:59

Kaveh

jcwilk wrote:
Kaveh wrote:
fug wrote:

Yes except I'm not trying to put this on the wolf, but on 'society' for victim-blaming instead of taking proper measures to prevent this in the first place

#11 2019-11-18 00:05:55

Jk Howling

Spoonwood wrote:
fug wrote:

I think birthing kids in this sort of situation predates swords.  Not sure if Jason used a line like that to justify this happening either.

I distinctly remember this bring brought up in the past, and his response was something along the lines of "but what if that stabbed/bitten/mosquito'd lady is the last fertile female and pops out a baby as she's dying and the village rescues it and raises it and she saves the whole village? RICH DYNAMIC!!!" or some shit

Which, I guess might happen very occasionally. Popping out 3 kids in the middle of nowhere after being bit by a snake/wolf/mosquito happens a lot more often though. But "muh rare circumstantial rich dynamics" take priority.

-Has ascended to better games-

#12 2019-11-18 15:30:13

PeebleCreek

Kaveh wrote:
jcwilk wrote:
Kaveh wrote:

Yes except I'm not trying to put this on the wolf, but on 'society' for victim-blaming instead of taking proper measures to prevent this in the first place

Everyone always seems to forget that #MeToo is about societal disregard for the source of the problem, and not about finger-pointing at random creepy/aggressive dudes. That asshole wolf is just doing what it's programmed to do. But if Jason made the effort to fix that game mechanic, the whole damn problem would be solved. With wolves, bears, boars, murderers, etc.

But that's too efficient and in the Real World, we ignore the root of all our societal problems. So fixing this game mechanic would break immersion. Or something.

I always name my first daughter Amala, and my first son Damen.

#13 2019-11-18 20:09:05

WalrusesConquer

I mean sometimes the last girl gets bit and pops out a baby which is pretty usefull

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

Board footer