One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-15 21:37:07

KeyboardWario

Problematic observation: re rope

It seems that I'm their effort to help, the more adolescent characters are accidentally using all the ropes and killing off all the milkweed, everyone take extra care to make sure your village has some going, that seems to be the thing that kills villages right now, aside from uncontested griefers (different topic)

With not enough buckets and storage everything gets cluttered and stolen repeatedly, you can help stabilize your villages by making a property fence around a lake and farming a bunch until its time to pass it on to a youngling!

#2 2019-11-15 21:51:45

DestinyCall

Re: Problematic observation: re rope

Yeah, milkweed farming is a tedious job, but very useful.

Just try not to use up all the water - travelling outside of town to farm weed using wild dirt and pond water reduces cost and cuts down on rope theft.  It is a win-win.

#3 2019-11-15 23:01:23

Kaveh

I do like the out-of-town milkweed farms too. No waste of water and there's often a bunch of it on the farm at any point. I've seen those farms along roads as well (for example the road to an oil rig), so they're easier to find by others later, but outside of town so no one will grab a bunch for no reason / use it up too fast.

#4 2019-11-15 23:35:59

DestinyCall

Exactly.   With an out of town farm, it is much easier to produce an excess and set things up in a way that encourages other people to continue the farm later.

Pick a little, plant a little, pass it on.

#5 2019-11-16 02:35:04

Saolin

i don't really count on milkweed being readily available, it often isn't.  Just make sure you have a few bowls with seeds available so it can be grown as needed.

Board footer