One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-08 06:16:42

Gomez

so we're fighing over limited resources in this game....

and if we fight for said resources we get cursed to donkey town?  If we protect resources we've claimed we get cursed to donkey town.  I mean the whole curse mechanics need a rework imo.

i mean at least let donkey town players play together even if you run into an eve you can't talk.  Why not allow donkey town eves? and build our own cities on the dark side of the moon i'd prefer that tbh.

that way you get like hardcore pvp on donkey town and then the sheep can chill on the main server.  also added benefit you wouldn't be spawning new players and the cursed players  could do their own thing and tech up towns there or w.e.

why not change curses to remove a life and then when out of live you go to donkey land and if you wanna spawn donkey town can just suicide to zero lives.

Last edited by Gomez (2019-11-08 06:26:36)

#2 2019-11-08 06:26:19

Whatever

Re: so we're fighing over limited resources in this game....

now that jason removes the rift, maybe he could use a smaller version of it as DT.
When you login you have the choice to play inside the rift our outside, but if you are cursed you can only play inside

#3 2019-11-08 06:28:10

Gomez

yeah something like that right now curses just feel meh like i get cursed for guarding towns its awful.

#4 2019-11-08 06:35:52

fug

Being this dumb. ISHYGDDT.

Ever since the arc was created it has NEVER been beneficial for you to fight with other families as you set the rift closer to resetting which then wipes out anything you were fighting over in the first place. Donkeys don't get private towns just for being assholes it isn't supposed to be some sort of reward where you grief and get your own personal village on the main server.

Hardcore pvp? Lmfao. This game hasn't had pvp since he changed the system from requiring to click instead of the auto-aim stuff we have now.

It's just very short sighted for players like you to "fight" over resources instead of working with others and frankly if you're dumb enough to think this is a viable strategy you should be sent to DT. Curses are meant at the moment as a way to say "I don't want to be around you" rather than the old system of either banishing someone or failing to garner enough tokens and it basically having no effect. The new system is much better and if you find yourself landing in DT you should reevaluate how you're playing instead of blaming the system.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2019-11-08 06:42:27

Whatever

fug wrote:

Ever since the arc was created it has NEVER been beneficial for you to fight with other families as you set the rift closer to resetting which then wipes out anything you were fighting over in the first place. Donkeys don't get private towns just for being assholes it isn't supposed to be some sort of reward where you grief and get your own personal village on the main server.

Yes i agree, thats why i am proposing to make it so normal players can also join the hell cell if they want, so its not a private town for griefers or a reward.
Inside of it curses should be disabled. Oil and water would run out quickly and people would probably fight each other a lot.
People who like this kind of playstyle could play inside it on purpose and would not borther people that want to play outside in peace.

#6 2019-11-08 07:26:37

Toxolotl

Whatever wrote:
fug wrote:

Yes i agree, thats why i am proposing to make it so normal players can also join the hell cell if they want, so its not a private town for griefers or a reward.
Inside of it curses should be disabled. Oil and water would run out quickly and people would probably fight each other a lot.
People who like this kind of playstyle could play inside it on purpose and would not borther people that want to play outside in peace.

This is a really cool idea. I like it.

#7 2019-11-08 08:04:37

MrShuriken

fug wrote:

The new system is much better and if you find yourself landing in DT you should reevaluate how you're playing instead of blaming the system.

Bull shit
You are cursed by noobs for playing the game and stopping Arc griefers
I legit killed some kids doing Apoc at year 1000, got cursed out and couldn't play for an hour
Cursing system is stupid, people are not using them wisely and doing the good thing goes unrewarded

#8 2019-11-08 08:15:00

DestinyCall

Yeah, I like that idea.   It reminds me of an idea I proposed when the Rift first came out - Rift Tribes.   

A grid of adjacent rifts that could be accessed by building bridges or flying planes across the gap.   Each rift would be populated by a family starting from a single Eve.  That rift would act as the tribe's homeland, but they could potentially grow and spread across multiple rifts.   When one of the Rift Tribes dies out, the old rift would wipe, creating fresh untouched lands and a new Eve would spawn in the empty rift to help repopulate it.   The central rift would be an "overflow zone" where anyone who could not be born in one of the families would end up as either an Eve or child of an Eve in the overflow.   Normal people might end up there occasionally, due to random server population fluctuations and birthing dynamics, but it would also be a "catch-all" for /die babies and people who accumulated too many curses.   

Basically, if you get cursed enough times by a particular tribe, you are area-banned from their homeland.   Piss off too many tribes and you can only spawn in the overflow rift.    You could still get out, but you'd need to find a bridge or plane or craft one yourself in the overflow rift.     The overflow rift would wipe if it is empty for too long, so it would tend to be lower tech and less structured, compared with the tribal homelands due to the lower population and frequent resets.   This would make it similar to DonkeyTown, but with the potential to work together to break-out and reach the adjacent rifts or make civilization in the overflow if enough people choose to play there regularly.  You could even intentionally /die to reach the overflow rift if you wanted to practice playing as an Eve.   You might not get enough children to make a successful camp, but it would be good practice for when you found yourself an Eve in one of the homeland rifts.  And sometimes you would find yourself with children, even in the overflow, so village creation might be possible.   However, the overflow would have a higher percentage of griefers and anti-social types, since heavily cursed players would end up trapped in overflow, so working together might be hard.   Due to resource limitation, you would eventually need to explore other rifts to stay alive, giving value to end-tech airplanes.

#9 2019-11-08 08:43:31

fug

MrShuriken wrote:
fug wrote:

The new system is much better and if you find yourself landing in DT you should reevaluate how you're playing instead of blaming the system.

Bull shit
I legit killed some kids doing Apoc at year 1000, got cursed out and couldn't play for an hour
Cursing system is stupid, people are not using them wisely and doing the good thing goes unrewarded

QQ, a griefer is crying about the system working.

I'm sure you were a real good boy who dindu nuffin. Probably shouldn't go around griefing when curses last a week as otherwise those random curses wouldn't have made any sort of difference but keep doing you man.

Dindu's gonna dindu.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#10 2019-11-08 09:05:41

Three

horrible idea, jason killed combat with shift clicking

#11 2019-11-08 09:41:09

MrShuriken

fug wrote:
MrShuriken wrote:
fug wrote:

Bull shit

QQ, a griefer is crying about the system working.

I'm sure you were a real good boy who dindu nuffin. Probably shouldn't go around griefing when curses last a week as otherwise those random curses wouldn't have made any sort of difference but keep doing you man.

Dindu's gonna dindu.

I'm a griefer for stopping people from doing Apoc and 1000 years?
Clearly

#12 2019-11-08 09:47:17

fug

MrShuriken wrote:

I'm a griefer for stopping people from doing Apoc and 1000 years?
Clearly

Kek. Play dumb all you want. You didn't earn a spot on the community troll list for being a gud boi.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#13 2019-11-08 09:51:31

Gomez

fug have you been playing on the arc? its a warzone man. I'm not fighting over the resources but griefers attack the water. they attack the buckets....they attack the food supply...they attack the well.

Have you considered griefer are using the curse mechanic against competent players? because they are......

if you are countering a players grief you get cursed...

Last edited by Gomez (2019-11-08 09:56:17)

#14 2019-11-08 14:06:01

Tempted

Anonymity and discontent breed this stuff.
I'm definitely not saying go full facebook google totalitarian big brother on people to keep them in line, and I know the problem is massively complicated, and maybe there isn't a perfect solution. But maybe there are steps to mitigate these issues with griefing vs. necessary conflict and mainly trust between players? Without creating 1984 One hour one gulag?

Board footer