One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-08 00:43:15

Tempted

Curses and banishment

It's just something I was thinking about.

Right now, if you are cursed enough, and you have no one in an area of the rift that can birth you, you go to donkey town outside the rift, right?

So what happens when there is no rift anymore?
What about banishment to the farlands? Maybe an area so far out on the map that you couldn't find your way back if you travelled directly back to civilization, even on a horse, but only a little further. That way, as time goes on, and the cities expand, it may actually be possible to make your way to civilization, or maybe a hardy explorer could find this area.
As a cursed person, you could have babies, but only other multiple cursed babies. Maybe a similar town to the old donkey town early in the rift would pop up, where only cursed souls go. Maybe it is found after years and years, and maybe this starts a war, or trade?

I know currently there are not enough people playing OHOL, but if there ever was, the stories that would come out of banishment would be epic.
That or public hangings, burning at the stake, or guillotines. It'd be great lol.

#2 2019-11-08 00:47:26

DestinyCall

Re: Curses and banishment

Have cursed people spawn at 0,0.

No matter how far we wander, they always spawn at the very center. 

We can build a prison there and let the donkeys rot.  Or leave it open and deal with feral Eves coming from the West.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-11-08 00:48:15)

#3 2019-11-08 00:51:30

Tempted

DestinyCall wrote:

Have cursed people spawn at 0,0.

No matter how far we wander, they always spawn at the very center. 

We can build a prison there and let the donkeys rot.  Or leave it open and deal with feral Eves coming from the West.

Another good one.

#4 2019-11-08 01:17:03

fug

Tempted wrote:

It's just something I was thinking about.

Right now, if you are cursed enough, and you have no one in an area of the rift that can birth you, you go to donkey town outside the rift, right?

So what happens when there is no rift anymore?
What about banishment to the farlands? Maybe an area so far out on the map that you couldn't find your way back if you travelled directly back to civilization, even on a horse, but only a little further. That way, as time goes on, and the cities expand, it may actually be possible to make your way to civilization, or maybe a hardy explorer could find this area.
As a cursed person, you could have babies, but only other multiple cursed babies. Maybe a similar town to the old donkey town early in the rift would pop up, where only cursed souls go. Maybe it is found after years and years, and maybe this starts a war, or trade?

I know currently there are not enough people playing OHOL, but if there ever was, the stories that would come out of banishment would be epic.
That or public hangings, burning at the stake, or guillotines. It'd be great lol.

They spawn 20k out from the closest family which is impossible for them to get back to civilization without grabbing a plane ride. They basically get stuck in the constant Eve loop without being able to advance at all.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2019-11-08 22:28:59

Gogo
Banned

I just got banished to donkey town. I played nice, lalalala, and then it happened!

Why I didn't hear the curse signal? We hear it only when we are near to that person?

And who cursed me... ;( IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! I stabbed girl who griefed, but her mother approved it. I did nothing wrong. It's a bug! H-E-L-P!

Last edited by Gogo (2019-11-08 22:29:08)

#6 2019-11-09 00:11:14

DestinyCall

Gogo wrote:

I did nothing wrong. It's a bug! H-E-L-P!

That isn't a bug.   It's a feature.

Board footer