One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-07 23:06:46

Solbusaur

Finishing the city while it was down

Paper family. My mother is a nomad surviving in the wild because she's big brained, and her city was basically dead. No food. It's been like that for a few hours now, sheep getting killed followed by famine followed by people running to wild only to come back again. For about 4 hours as far as I know.

I'm in this little nomadic group of brothers and sisters, only some of us make the journey. We run into an abandoned camp and set up base with our fences there, farming and gathering resources ready for this raid my mother was planning. As we're prepping, we see the Hot family die out. Then the Slutz family only 2 seconds later. As a result, there was a massive baby boom as all those players start being born to us. It was about 20 years of pain, watching our children starve, or grow and become helpless as the adults had most of the food (Or some of them were incompetent. Looking at you, oven-to-kiln Finn Paper!). Eventually I ran out of tool slots and just lost my patience. I grabbed my brother by the arm and filled up on food, and set out with my now late mother's knife and medical supplies she had taken with her at a young age.
I had two of my young relatives follow us too, and there was an abundance of mouflons I was able to skin for them.

Only a 4 minute walk north east. We found the stone road, and a horse rider nearby. I tell my squad to follow him to find the town, and it was really not hard, I recognised the route almost instantly. Sure enough, I walk closer and closer to the gate and OH MY GOD WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BODIES.
It seems we found the cause of those families going extinct, the entire town was devoid of any food whatsoever, and bodies just everywhere. When we got there, only two people remained (Other than the horse rider). It was pretty sad to see the only girl at 6 years old get stabbed in the chest. After that, the horseman came back and met a gruesome fate, and so the third family went extinct. I found it incredibly hard to believe I witnessed three family endings in one lifetime.

The issue is, when all the families have died out, all those players have only so many places to go. Not only were we hungry and covered in blood, there were the corpses of many starving children ON TOP of the bodies of those long gone from starvation. As far as I knew, this was the end, everyone was fucking dead.
unknown.png?width=1231&height=587
unknown.png?width=1199&height=565
unknown.png?width=1189&height=613
unknown.png?width=1185&height=613
After declaring victory, we kind of just started attacking eachother in pursuit of more blood being drawn.
My realisation that we're one family away from the arc ending:
unknown.png?width=1153&height=613
unknown.png?width=881&height=511

Here's Sky Paper's baby boom on the family tree
unknown.png?width=1441&height=179

And here's me, unnamed http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5468310

Last edited by Solbusaur (2019-11-08 00:39:04)

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2019-11-07 23:38:52

Saolin

Re: Finishing the city while it was down

How did those babies get knocked down?  It looks way sadder.

I'm glad to hear it sounds like the arc is almost over.  I want to play tonight but end of arc towns are way too depressing and pointless.  I need to work on improving my tool strategy!

#3 2019-11-07 23:53:31

Grim_Arbiter

Yall restarted the arc, but we still have rift.

At least right now.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-11-08 14:30:17

Kaveh

Saolin wrote:

How did those babies get knocked down?  It looks way sadder.

this

jasonrohrer wrote:

Babies are now truly helpless for the first 12 seconds of life.

Board footer