One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-07 01:11:45

Legs

Dealing with griefers

How do you deal with griefers and murderers? Killing them doesn't work, a helpful idiot will heal them then revenge kill you. Telling people doesn't work because nobody cares. Even with supporters you just end up dying together.

It just makes me want to join the griefer squad and give back what everyone is gifting me. Lock all the doors, lure bears into town, hide essential tools. If the game is about griefing I should get in on it too.

Loco Motion

#2 2019-11-07 01:23:31

Keyin

Re: Dealing with griefers

Get others to curse them with you. If you get a few really active people to curse them who play the same hours as you, you probably won't see them again for a week.

I have had to pick up pads to stop people from healing in past or hide pads

#3 2019-11-07 01:24:38

arkajalka

Pure blissfull ignorance. There is no drama when you dont care about it. Let the idiots war amongst themselfs.

Incase you really cant just ignore everything and go on hoeing then just  curse the first person to stabby stab around. Nothing lost, just one less annoying person around you.

Case 1
Curse griefer -->profit

Case 2

Curse "griefer" killer-->profit

People on look for "griefers" can be supper annoying. They have their narrow vision of how the game "has to be played" like and cant see the picture on some bigger problems. Come nag up to you and then stab. Actually hate these persons even more than the real killers.

Case 3

curse griefer kille-->shit happens life goes on.

Still 66,6% succes rate so statistically the most easiest and  viable solution with minimum effort.

Last edited by arkajalka (2019-11-07 01:27:32)

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#4 2019-11-07 01:44:20

Legs

Keyin wrote:

Get others to curse them with you. If you get a few really active people to curse them who play the same hours as you, you probably won't see them again for a week.

I have had to pick up pads to stop people from healing in past or hide pads

Cursing is the same way though. Helpful idiots jump on the bandwagon and curse innocent players along with the griefer. Even if you hide pads a doctor will come running to heal both of you and delay the problem. They're being covert about sabotaging the town so you have to be even more covert about saving it. Otherwise you just look evil yourself. There's no way to win.

Loco Motion

#5 2019-11-07 01:51:02

Thaulos

Can be incredibly frustrating as it's often not just one, but a bunch of them 3+. And you can't curse everyone. Just curse who you can and try to kill the others.

#6 2019-11-07 02:25:31

Gomez

it's easy don't work for evil towns...if a corrupt town forms find an eve start camp or find the other town. It can be real tough taking back a town from an organized prepared group.

#7 2019-11-07 02:30:50

jade-storm

This one time I was trying to farm up some wheat for the bakery and my sister who had wanted to kill me when we were little for taking a shirt back (she stole from me). And she shanked me. I was reborn to same mom and she protected me for a long time. Sister was killed for griefing. I cursed her, then this little girl starts collecting people against me. My mom continues defending me as I did nothing wrong. She dies of old age and three years later they kill me. The girl got my poor newbie niece to think I was a killer

#8 2019-11-07 03:56:50

Toxolotl

It would be nice to null a curse if you have already cursed that person. I have cursed the same person several times within hours of running into them and just wasted tokens doing so.

#9 2019-11-07 06:50:39

miskas

Whenever you dislike someone, did something harmful or anything DONT kill him.
Curse him and go straight to the others and tell them what he did.

Curse TA BANAS pls
She killed our Sheeps

Let them live, let them prove they are griefers again, and let them be cursed again.

Ta banas got around 10 curses from killing our sheep twice.
We didn't kill her this life but we killed her for a week.

Don't involve yourself in mass killing if you don't know what happened.
Ether take your female child and go live from wild berries until this ends,
Or try to learn about the incident and again Cursing is the answer, not killing.

Finally read my description.

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#10 2019-11-07 07:48:57

Gogo
Banned

Pretend to be fellow griefer too, become 'friend' to griefer. Tell everyone about griefer's plans. Backstabb griefer, mass curse him/her. smile Make sure you know who's medic and that griefer won't be healed.

#11 2019-11-07 09:02:33

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

When you stab someone you have to just spam what they did wrong. If they get healed that's just bad luck, but usually if you explain everything people will start to understand. I

Unfortunately killing them and cursing them is all we can do. I usually try to make it a point of running around spamming "bob is greifing the buckets" or something. That will usually net you a little support. Another thing you can do is put all the needle and thread in your backpack. This doesn't always work but it usually delays the healing enough to tell your story. Don't fuck with the pads though. If someone sees you hiding pads then you're basically screwed because that's something griefers do.

But yeah griefers are the worst. Thankfully it's not as bad as it use to be. I think the curse system is doing it's job well enough. If you join them then you're just admitting defeat and making the game worse as a whole. Take a break for a while and come back. I know how addicting this game can be but once you play another game for a while you'll be able to ignore it.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#12 2019-11-07 09:20:22

Post apocalyptic
Banned

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

When you stab someone you have to just spam what they did wrong. If they get healed that's just bad luck, but usually if you explain everything people will start to understand. I

Unfortunately killing them and cursing them is all we can do. I usually try to make it a point of running around spamming "bob is greifing the buckets" or something. That will usually net you a little support. Another thing you can do is put all the needle and thread in your backpack. This doesn't always work but it usually delays the healing enough to tell your story. Don't fuck with the pads though. If someone sees you hiding pads then you're basically screwed because that's something griefers do.

But yeah griefers are the worst. Thankfully it's not as bad as it use to be. I think the curse system is doing it's job well enough. If you join them then you're just admitting defeat and making the game worse as a whole. Take a break for a while and come back. I know how addicting this game can be but once you play another game for a while you'll be able to ignore it.

Ya put all the needle and thread in ur bag cuz us pro griffers cant make one in like 5 secs esp with the new mode all u have to write is j and all is done for you

Last edited by Post apocalyptic (2019-11-07 09:20:38)

I really love this baby on my display

#13 2019-11-07 09:21:36

Post apocalyptic
Banned

jade-storm wrote:

This one time I was trying to farm up some wheat for the bakery and my sister who had wanted to kill me when we were little for taking a shirt back (she stole from me). And she shanked me. I was reborn to same mom and she protected me for a long time. Sister was killed for griefing. I cursed her, then this little girl starts collecting people against me. My mom continues defending me as I did nothing wrong. She dies of old age and three years later they kill me. The girl got my poor newbie niece to think I was a killer

Ya that was me and i came back as the little girl and killed u again smile i got everyone against u ☺️ and ur niece wasn't a newbie i was her mom she wanted to avenge for me

Last edited by Post apocalyptic (2019-11-07 09:22:55)

I really love this baby on my display

#14 2019-11-07 11:44:37

MrShuriken

Cursing the first person to stab is a horrible idea, please use some brain cells.
If its year 1000 (Still young) and you spot someone doing Apoc then its reasonable to kill them.
If everyone curses the heroes of the village then the griefers will rein supreme

#15 2019-11-07 13:44:25

miskas

MrShuriken wrote:

Cursing the first person to stab is a horrible idea, please use some brain cells.
If its year 1000 (Still young) and you spot someone doing Apoc then its reasonable to kill them.
If everyone curses the heroes of the village then the griefers will rein supreme

these are simple rules griefer

-If you are good, Never stab a person that has no blood at his hands.
-Whenever you see something weird, report it to the village and ask for cursing.
-Whenever you witness a kill report it to the village and ask for cursing.
-Kill only the person that has been cursed or approval has been granted.

This way good persons will almost never be killed by mistake and all griefers will be cursed.
In the long run, griefers will be outnumbered so much that they will never be spawning again after their first kill.

Play for the long run, not the next 10 minutes.

Last edited by miskas (2019-11-07 13:49:47)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#16 2019-11-07 16:17:04

Gogo
Banned

Towns thrives even after pro griefers, so they don't receive their end goal (killing whole town), they just slow things down.

Make sure to build fences for horses near town center, stash all bows/arrows in one place (boxes). Everything must be near each other to be well guarded when griefer appear.

Last edited by Gogo (2019-11-07 16:17:35)

Board footer