One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-02 22:09:29

Angel Carrillo

Literally the trailer, only in words.

Hello there, I'm Jason Rohrer. Well, at least this is what I look like inside my new game, One Hour, One Life. Yup, this is it. We're live inside the game, right now. Actually, this is my modern home office. Civilisation in the game hasn't gotten this quite advanced yet. Maybe someday though. Did you see that? I just got older again. A whole year passes every minute, and we live a entire lifetime, from birth to old age, in just one hour. We better get on with this tour, before my time runs out. Everything you see here runs on a persistent server. It starts out full of untouched wilderness, and it's up to us - the players - to rebuild civilisation from scratch together. I think she's coming. That's Eve, the first player to join the server. And the second player should be joining right about now. Yep, that's player two, Eve's first baby. When you join the server as a baby, you're truly helpless. You depend on care from your parents in order to survive. If they help you live into adulthood, you have a chance to have babies of your own someday. And your babies will be other players who are depending on you for their survival. You're just one small link in a very long chain. What you accomplish during your brief lifetime will depend on the situation you're born into. At first, your contribution might be pretty basic. But future generations can build on the foundation that you helped to create. Hopefully, you get a chance to make your own small mark on the world before you die. And maybe create something that helps your children and grandchildren. But really, all of  this, is just the beginning. As players continue climbing up through the tech tree, I'll be staying one step ahead of them by adding new stuff to the game every week. So I hope you'll join me, as this crazy game unfolds. I may even spawn as your baby at some point, and it'll be up to you to take care of me. As we rebuild civilisation together, who knows where we'll end up.

YOU  DIED

CAUSE: ATOMIC POWERED ROBOT

[QUIT]                              [GET REBORN]

ONE HOUR, ONE LIFE

A NEW GAME, 100% HANDMADE BY JASON ROHRER

AVAILABLE NOW

ONEHOURONELIFE.COM

I am the atomic powered robot. Please give my best wishes to everybody.

Board footer