One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-30 00:53:37

mensrea

Donkeytown mechanics

An expected behavior of griefers is to curse other players on every opportunity. Particularly they would target players interfering with their griefing. They would likely curse those who curse them. Griefers curse those who murder them. People countering griefers are noble. The result is that if a griefer is a living mother then noble individuals are sent to donkeytown.

One grief is convincing others that the griefer is good and the counter-griefer is bad and to thus curse the counter-griefer. One situation this applies to is if the counter-griefer causes first blood to be shed. It's much more likely to result in the noble player being cursed.

If griefers coordinate their curses on a single player, whenever those griefers play the individual will be sent to donkeytown.

The reason I bothered to think about all of this is because I am personally affected. I have noticed that without a change in behavior, my trips to donkeytown seem to be random. I can play a normal life, die of old age, then spawn in donkeytown. Over the course of tens of minutes, or even less, I can spawn and die in donkeytown, then I will spawn to a mother a hundred tiles away from town. Or however many tiles. So if you are having babies away from town, these may be griefer babies.

The number of towns and their distance is related to probability of donkeytown spawns. The state of the arc and how it affects player location affects the probability of donkey town spawns. The eve window affects the probability. Whether this randomness is desirable should be considered. Also it should be considered that griefer curses send good people to donkeytown.

The affect on my gene score from three or four lives of quick deaths in donkey town affects my gene score and the number of tools I get to use. I think I'm bugged at five tools. It's supposed to be 8-16 tools? I've been getting 5.

#2 2019-10-30 01:00:42

fug

Re: Donkeytown mechanics

He lowered again to 5-10 max.

I do think it's problematic to have the trolls be able to curse trade with you and it actually negatively effect you. I've had this happen exactly once while playing but after instantly suiciding I was back in the rift so I can also back up the whole issue of cursing trolls can negative effect a normal player.

Players are dumb this isn't something new. We've had issues with dumb players attacking good guys due to seeing blood and not thinking through or listening to the situation. Hell, we see this all the time where "medics" heal anyone who is wounded instead of asking about what is happening even with a large group of players saying don't. Either way players are dumb and you should expect that you're going to run into dumb players constantly.

In relation to the town thing it's good that towns are close as it raises the strength of curses overall. Minor griefs who are caught can easily be banished out of the rift for being foolish enough to do things in plain sight. Of course you risk good guys getting cursed but if you're willing to remove trolls you just have to bite the bullet.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2019-10-30 02:04:30

jcwilk

mensrea wrote:

So if you are having babies away from town, these may be griefer babies.

My new life mission - start a black sheep offshoot of a family off in the deep woods, call ourselves sparta, retake the lands with blood

#4 2019-10-30 06:52:10

Dodge

Maybe killing a murderer (someone on murder cool down with bloody weapon) should not give you murder cooldown, this would solve the issue with getting rid of a griefer murderer and getting killed/cursed because you have a bloody weapon.

#5 2019-10-30 11:02:19

miskas

Maybe first Curse and later kill him. Cursing someone at a mass is greater damage than killing him.

If he gets cursed 4 times he goes to DK, If you kill him he goes to the next village.

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#6 2019-10-30 13:07:05

luckynmd

What if there was a murder count per life. A noble person would normally kill once or maybe twice in a life. A greifer might kill more. What do you guys think?

#7 2019-10-30 13:54:16

Gomez

Same thing been happening to me...even stabbed a griefer he got healed then I got murdered and wasn't healed it was troll AF and cursed....cause lookie loo's just see my bloody knife.

I usually spread the word before initiating now to prevent this cause it happened a few times now and trouble seems to have diminished.

TBH combatants usually only curse after you curse them too.  So don't curse a raider cause typically a raider has some honor and doesn't attack from within the family.

Last edited by Gomez (2019-10-30 13:57:43)

#8 2019-10-30 14:05:21

PeebleCreek

I fell victim to a griefer accusing a good guy. Still haunts me to this day. Although in that case, the griefer ran in saying "Help! My mom's trying to kill me!" and then their mom came in with a bow and arrow and shot me, so I cursed her.

But then she explained that she meant to shoot her griefer daughter and ran around getting a medic to heal me and apologized like a thousand times. So yeah I basically felt like an ass. Moral of the story is even if you're the one getting stabbed, if there's a chance they were trying to stop a griefer, wait before you curse.

I always name my first daughter Amala, and my first son Damen.

#9 2019-10-30 19:23:33

luckynmd

PeebleCreek wrote:

... so I cursed her.

But then she explained that she meant to shoot her griefer daughter and ran around getting a medic to heal me and apologized like a thousand times. So yeah I basically felt like an ass. Moral of the story is even if you're the one getting stabbed, if there's a chance they were trying to stop a griefer, wait before you curse.

Ho boy I can relate to this one. It happened to me more than once!

Last edited by luckynmd (2019-10-30 19:23:53)

Board footer