One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-30 23:27:22

Truthseeker

Stop putting berry farms so close to food!

Berries are not for food, they are for compost, they are actually so precious that by all rights they should be somewhere away from the main town so noobs don't eat them and griefers don't find them, STOP PLANTING THEM NEXT TO THE CARROTS!!!

#2 2018-03-30 23:27:54

Goliath

Re: Stop putting berry farms so close to food!

they are all use to feed sheep.

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#3 2018-03-30 23:43:51

Truthseeker

Goliath wrote:

No, if you use berries to feed sheep you deserve the civ collapse that will cause, you need EVERY BERRY ON THAT BUSH to make compost, pick one and it's done son.

#4 2018-03-31 01:02:56

Lily

I had my first experience with sheep last night, and they can definitely eat a lot. They actually eat the same thing you make compost out of, a full bowl of berries and carrot. If you have enough bushes, you can do both. You just want to communicate so people are not fighting over them.

#5 2018-03-31 02:15:36

jord1990

Truthseeker wrote:
Goliath wrote:

No, if you use berries to feed sheep you deserve the civ collapse that will cause, you need EVERY BERRY ON THAT BUSH to make compost, pick one and it's done son.

I dont know if you have ever taken care of sheep but yes they eat bowls of berries with a carrot. And if every bush is needed for your civs compost(survival) your farm is not big enough. Even a 20 bush farm will produce more berries then you know what to do with. You will have more compost then water and people will walk by once in a while and ruin a bush by eating off it but thats fine aswell. just pick the rest of the berries, rewater and wait for it to regrow.

As far as moving it away from the main civ, I have actually tried this with both a wheat and a berry farm next to each other. I told all the original inhabitants what I was up to and they would swing by from time to time. However when most of the old people the younglings wont be taught where the farm is (eventhough it was only 2 screens east into the wetlands instead of the plains) So what starts to happen? well 2 things: "1. People started planting wheat and berry bushes in the main carrot farm" "2 Now the occasional person would walk by the berry farm, not realise that it was actually the farm that has kept the village going and just treat is as a berry eating spot when he is out getting water" You cant blame them for point 2 because people dont see it in their travels from 1 side of the camp to the other. so the more experienced people cant correct what newer people are doing.

In the end its just another one of the laws/tenneths that need to be implented, I tell ALL my kids that berries arent food they are for compost/sheep and whenever I can I teach my kids to compost. I dont think hiding farms is a solution.

#6 2018-03-31 02:40:43

Lily

Yeah I wouldn't hide a secret farm. There is a case to be made to hide a near by reserve though. That way if some kills all the wheat for example, when they go to look for more they will find the plants near by.

#7 2018-03-31 03:00:48

jord1990

Lily wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't hide a secret farm. There is a case to be made to hide a near by reserve though. That way if some kills all the wheat for example, when they go to look for more they will find the plants near by.

Yeah Hiding a wheat reserve is always a good idea. basket with carrots seeds is also a good addition.

Board footer