One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-29 16:17:22

miskas

The meta has changed

We are not used to co-operation in this game. 
we never had to the solo was better than the co-op.

I was a smith helping an engineer to do an engine.
one guy came and asked for a shovel...We were dying and Shovel wasnt need it. A lot of Iron but No Water, No food, and only 1 kindling.

The Engineer knew that the shovel wasnt need it and told him No.
I said to the man Bring me kindling. He showed me that he had no slot left for axe/hatchet. So I told him to bring me branches.
He run happily with a horse and brought us like 10 branches. I made him his shovel and a bunch of coal for my engineer.

This town was dying and this clueless man helped it survive.

We have to change mindset and see the others that ask for something, not an annoyance but as helpers.
If they ask something , think of What do you need and tell them to do it in exchange for what they ask.

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#2 2019-10-29 16:22:12

Dodge

Re: The meta has changed

Yeah i've seen much more interactions in my past games, really nice to see things slowly changing.

There's still a lot of balancing to do, but this could end up changing the game to something really interesting.

#3 2019-10-29 16:26:27

miskas

And if are there people among us that tried to co-operate please tell us your experience and what did slower your co-operation.

For me, the letter limit made it harder to communicate. I was young.

Last edited by miskas (2019-10-29 16:27:14)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#4 2019-10-29 16:44:45

Dodge

For me it was the overall rythm of the game, i tried to grab the attention of others but everyone is constantly running around either to eat or do their own thing.

There is still that "chicken running with their heads cut off" feel like before.

#5 2019-10-29 19:43:05

luckynmd

miskas wrote:

And if are there people among us that tried to co-operate please tell us your experience and what did slower your co-operation.

Trust! For me, it is trust. Why would someone ask you for something. You want a shovel cause this is a great tool to bury everyone's dead bones and not use it for compost? You want a knife to be able to kill me? You want the last empty bowl to fill it with salt water?

Thaulos just posted a video on this: "Never trust anyone"

#6 2019-10-29 19:53:18

Kaveh

I've felt every time I've had a nice co-op experience it just kinda happened automatically. I'm building a wall and someone is interested in doing the same thing or likes my project, so each takes up a task.

What Dodge says. Asking someone to help out rarely works cuz everybody kinda just does what they wanna do. Even babies that don't have a 'goal' yet often decline. Want to help me build this wall? Nah, I want to make stew.

Trust is also big, but mostly if it's a one-way interaction (someone asking the other to do something, not to work together)

#7 2019-10-29 20:29:23

Jwillc

Tell babies what you need. "Need X", they'll do it or they wont. I find most often that they will. It definitely feels more cooperative with the tool change. Now people will come ask me to do stuff at the forge for example, rather than taking over and doing it themselves.

#8 2019-10-30 18:37:37

Saolin

I think there is more cooperation. Some about dividing the workload to conserve tool spots, a lot about players cutely trying to use a tool they don't have a spot for and not knowing why. Eventually it will be more of the former though. Still seeing people confused why their rabbit trap is not working too. Luckily it's pretty easy to step in and show how or explain both.

#9 2019-10-30 22:11:55

Gomez

Yeah liking the profession change class roles starting to be more defined and tbh I am noticing when certain players are on a post too....I'm like I've seen this player before doing this job!

Board footer