One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-30 17:08:03

Filenzi

Need Help With some Things

Yo Guys im was wondering about some stuff in this game so let me just start

How can i find my old settlement ? i died old age 3 Times and spawned nearby but 4th time i spawned as baby and couldnt find my settlement so some questions ...

Is There any Map editors ? any Maps that i can create ? any way to set myself to the right path to my old settlement ? Compass ? anything i could use to get myself back ?

Thank you for your advices answers any help will be awesome

#2 2018-03-30 17:25:31

atributz

Re: Need Help With some Things

#3 2018-03-30 22:34:13

OxPower

I'm not an expert by any means, but from my understanding:
There are at least 3 public servers. The game picks at random which server to put you in whenever you spawn. And due to the random spawn mechanics, you'll either be an eve somewhere near a settlement or a baby. As of right now there are no in-game maps.
So with that said, there are ways to pick a server and you'll always spawn there. And most mayor villages are connected by wooden roads so you could technically find your old village if you move from town to town. Its not very practical since its very slow and at the end of the day you'll be a random guy with no relationship to the village so they might not trust you.
My best advice is to keep suiciding as a baby until you spawn where you want to. Personally i just play with the cards I'm given.
You could play on someones private server, since those change the rules of the game.

#4 2018-03-31 01:21:06

Cyniko

There is a low chance of finding that settlement, sorry. Yes you can mod the client to give you coords, and @Atributz you say that helps but for those not PC savvy changing game files or adding things sometimes need more of a walkthrough.

From what I understand there are about 15 servers one of them being a test server that isn't public use. And as long as you die of -old age- and there is -no other Eve's- on the server you will always spawn near your last death.
Personally I play a lot on server 14. I have dotted that place with many starter settlements, while learning to play. I would love to see more people there for a casual chill experience so if that is something that interests you let me know or just show up!

If you need help on how to choose a specific server the method is here...  https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=236    scroll down below the picture. Also this requires you to change a couple things in the game file, but its not too difficult.

Board footer