One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-29 20:50:28

Truthseeker

A PSA in case you get snatched as a baby from your home civ

It happens now and then that a civ runs out of females, I've had to kidnap an heir or two in my time playing, and it seems there is a common issue that is encountered.

IF YOU ARE KIDNAPPED DON'T RUN AWAY!
MEN CAN FEED BABYS BUT IT REQUIRES CLICKING ON YOU WITH FOOD IN HAND AND IF YOU RUN YOU WILL STARVE!!!

So, to put it  a bit more calmly, relax, enjoy the ride and make sure you say "F" if you need food so you can be set down and fed. Do not try to run home (you are a baby and will starve before you get there most likely), and do not give yourself up for dead just because you are being carried by someone who cannot breast feed.

This has been a Public Service Announcement from The Council for the Restoration of Dead Civs.

Last edited by Truthseeker (2018-03-29 20:51:56)

#2 2018-03-30 01:55:38

She of the Sand

Re: A PSA in case you get snatched as a baby from your home civ

(Tallies another kidnapper I killed on my belt of antigrief)

She was born of nothing but the sands, a desolate screen of yellow.

#3 2018-03-30 03:25:44

Truthseeker

She of the Sand wrote:

(Tallies another kidnapper I killed on my belt of antigrief)

It's not griefing when the survivors end up calling you Papa smile

#4 2018-03-30 03:45:31

Kitaelia

Yeah definitely not griefing IMO. I was kidnapped once as a baby girl, and to be honest it was one of my most fun playthroughs that I am very fond of! It certainly changes the roleplay dynamic and feel of being raised by a family that is not your family, and it also made me feel like I am their last hope.. I feel important! Yes, I was snatched away from my mother, but I am lost and am apparently desperately needed here in this strange family.

10/10 Would be kidnapped again!

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

#5 2018-03-30 03:51:42

stickyflypaper

Hm. I was kidnapped once. He said "my baby" and ran away with me until I starved. I don't remember if I was a boy or a girl. Might have just been someone stealing babies for the fun of it.

#6 2018-03-30 04:36:06

Baker

When a man grabs me and takes me outside my civ I assume the worst. Griefers love to take babies and dump them out in the woods to die. Have you ever tried asking for some help?

I did that when my civ had no women. I was told to "go find a girl", I traveled north and actually found a slightly larger village. I explained my situation to them and to my surprise they were willing to help us.  One of the girls agreed to stay with us for a bit to replenish our population. She had a few daughters, raised them. Later she wished us luck and returned to her home village.

She even came back to visit as an old woman.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#7 2018-03-30 04:50:01

Lily

I would jump down the instant anyone took me further than a screen away from my mother, unless the mother said it was okay, or they are related.

#8 2018-03-30 07:31:25

Kitaelia

I had another really interesting roleplay scenario play out once.. My mother only had two boys and the three of us were the only ones at our little plot of paradise. Brother found a family living a few screens south and came home to tell myself (male) and mother about it. Mother demanded that the three of us travel to this other family and DEMAND a female. We took knives and bow and arrow, held them up at knife/bow point. We managed to get one female to come with us, who produced a daughter! Huzzah!

So much story potential!

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

#9 2018-03-30 09:15:38

Potjeh

Were your names Romulus and Remus?

#10 2018-03-30 15:27:30

Jnc7919

I had a great (brief) RP experience similar to this too, I was one of two born to a mother who was then killed by a guy calling himself the greatest bandit in the land along with my brother - he'd already killed everyone else in the village so I guess he was holding her hostage.  He kept me alive and fed me carrots, saying he wanted me to carry on his legacy as the greatest bandit. 

Unfortunately, lag or something meant I didn't get fed once and didn't get to play it out all the way - I was planning revenge.. smile

#11 2018-03-30 16:22:08

Lily

I had a mother yesterday who was an eve in the middle of no where. She held me for as long as she could before she starved to death while we were searching for shelter. Luckily I made it to 4 years old and I ended up finding a basket and a berry bush, then eventually found a little farm. Lived my entire life there alone, since I was male.

If you can make it for 4 years old there is a chance, even in the worse situation. Then again I see people fully clothed who are fed until their like 6 or 7, and they still some how died while being in a good location.

#12 2018-03-30 22:25:30

Truthseeker

Baker wrote:

When a man grabs me and takes me outside my civ I assume the worst. Griefers love to take babies and dump them out in the woods to die. Have you ever tried asking for some help?

Yes, and sometimes I get volunteers, but I've actually found you have a better chance of no one starving or getting lost if you grab a loan baby and carry them instead of asking people to follow, so ironically kidnapping tends to be the more viable option assuming every baby you snatch doesn't die of starvation trying to escape you.

#13 2018-03-30 22:35:04

TrustyWay

During games I find more usefull to know where there were alive villages and move girls in villages that has none, when there are too many kids I raised them into dead city to rebuild them.

2 days after I connected the villages, they were still alive, this is a really good option to spread around instead of building a big city that collapse, or running far away. 

Every time a village was in need the other would help him. As the end, raiding and kid hijack became help supplies and population control

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-03-30 22:37:20)

Board footer