One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-06 22:35:58

QuirkySmirkyIan

YOOHOO Notification/Random sound - possible bug?

So I was playing Ohol today and when I was milking cows, I kept hearing the domesicated bison shot sound effect, I saw an arrow in it but i didn't see anymore being added or a person with a bow and it continued a few times. Also I watched one of twisteds videos and there was a tree (most likley) making murder mouth sounds it was in the middle of the forest and no player was there besides someone else who heard it and no one was doing murder mouth nearby at all. The video and timestamp should be here Bug Video at 25:20 in the video.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#2 2019-10-07 00:21:49

mensrea

Re: YOOHOO Notification/Random sound - possible bug?

I also experience sounds that appear to originate from a location but the object making the sound is not there. The most noticeable is the running horse-cart and car sounds that are localized but never stop. Is there a workaround for when it's annoying enough? For instance, the horse-cart running sound was near town once. I suspect exiting the client and reconnecting would fix it. I've heard other noises that seem out of place too. Like while riding the horsecart and hearing the whistle at unexpected times. I don't immediately identify it as a bug though because in a game playing a distinctive noise while engaged in an activity sometimes is normal. For instance, playing a berry munching noise while nearby the gooseberry farm could be an ambient noise as part of the game.

Also, I think the shot bison sound is probably intentional. Most bisons make a walking noise when nearby, a shot bison makes the shot bison noise. If you have only one arrow and have to return to a shot bison, the sound will help you find it. It's not the discussion here, but modded clients with zoom and search make the sound less useful. I played many hours without a modded client. I started using wondibles mod because it was advertised to have a search feature. Well, it's like cheating almost. But dealing with griefers who have a modded client is much easier with a modded client. Remember to run around searching for 'engine' and you may be surprised when it finds one. A modded client radically alters the mood and pace of OHOL, and may permanently alter your experience with the game. I knew a mod would probably do this and I resisted for a long time. Nothing is forever and once you have experienced enough Vanilla OHOL, trying modded can make sense. For instance, tension is much higher at default zoom in trying to use sounds to gauge a killer's distance to you, especially a bow killer who if you see on your screen it's probably too late to avoid. So vanilla client says you get shot but modded allows you to live. Two extremely different outcomes that are your experience to the same basic situation.

Board footer