One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-29 09:07:17

Uncle Gus

Modded server: Uncle Gus' mod on gusminecraft.cloudapp.net

The url is gusminecraft.cloudapp.net

It is running my mod, which allows for probability based item breakage. Now nothing lasts forever! Sure, you can get by with a copper knife, if you don't mind resharpening it all the time. Bronze is much harder and more durable, but harder to craft.

At the time of writing, copper and bronze are fully implemented, replacing steel (which I will reintroduce in future updates).

Malachite and Cassiterite are both found in rocky biomes and everything else is much the same, or otherwise easily discovered. For more information about the tech tree, see this crafting guide. Big thanks to Kazetsukai and ryanb for their awesome work on this.

All art uses existing assets, so no client update is necessary.

Issues with the items and transitions can be logged here. I have only playtested up to crafting a copper ax myself.

Okay, I have created a .zip file with the necessary changes to run this mod and I have tested that it works by using it on a different computer with the standard client installed on it.

I've tried to make it as simple as possible to install and uninstall, so I have included script and batch files to do these actions for you.

1. Download the pack here
2. Extract it into your OHOL game folder.
3. Run installUncleGusMod.sh on linux/mac or installUncleGusMod.bat on Windows.
4. Run the game and login.

When you want to swap back to whatever server you were joining before, run uninstallUncleGusMod.sh or uninstallUncleGusMod.bat and it will reverse the process.

A version mismatch will tell you that there's a new version of the pack to download. I'll just replace the zip file, so it should always have the same link. Make sure to uninstall the mod before extracting the new version, so that it overwrites the mod files.

Last edited by Uncle Gus (2018-03-31 09:34:26)

#2 2018-03-29 09:15:35

Uncle Gus

Re: Modded server: Uncle Gus' mod on gusminecraft.cloudapp.net

Don't let the name/url fool you, I've just repurposed my server is all smile

#3 2018-03-29 09:49:19

Uncle Gus

Oh dear, might be off to a false start. I'm getting disconnected frequently and the server is reporting that it received an unknown message from the client. I'm in bed now, so I'll look into it tomorrow.

If anyone else connects, let me know if you get the same issue or not. Hopefully it's a client specific problem.

#4 2018-03-29 21:39:40

atributz

I try connect. But after a couple of minutes when I wanted to take a berry from bush the game is closed. It looks like your server modification is not ready yet.

#5 2018-03-30 00:24:56

Uncle Gus

I had to update the files after Jason's updates. There is a fair bit of rubber banding, and it would disconnect every time this happened. After updating it, it no longer disconnects.

It should be ready to play now; I just played a full life myself!

#6 2018-03-30 12:25:28

Babsy

I've added your server to "THE LIST OF PRIVATE SERVERS". See forum topic: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=689

#7 2018-03-30 19:37:15

Uncle Gus

It seems that connecting to the server with the official client crashes on connect. My theory is that it is because the object and transition data is out of sync. I'll test this theory later and provide a download and instructions for how to get the data in the right state.

#8 2018-03-31 00:54:36

Uncle Gus

With the latest update, there is now a version check between server and client, so I will need to put together a proper client distributable in order to let people join the server. I'll be getting on to that later today.

#9 2018-03-31 09:24:16

Uncle Gus

Okay, I have created a .zip file with the necessary changes to run this mod and I have tested that it works by using it on a different computer with the standard client installed on it.

I've tried to make it as simple as possible to install and uninstall, so I have included script and batch files to do these actions for you.

1. Download the pack here
2. Extract it into your OHOL game folder.
3. Run installUncleGusMod.sh on linux/mac or installUncleGusMod.bat on Windows.
4. Run the game and login.

When you want to swap back to whatever server you were joining before, run uninstallUncleGusMod.sh or uninstallUncleGusMod.bat and it will reverse the process.

A version mismatch will tell you that there's a new version of the pack to download. I'll just replace the zip file, so it should always have the same link. Make sure to uninstall the mod before extracting the new version, so that it overwrites the mod files.

#10 2018-04-04 03:58:59

Uncle Gus

Minor update: I finally got my image import process working properly, so I've updated the visuals of the copper and bronze tools and also added a new rocky biome for cassiterite to spawn in, so that you can't find copper and tin in the same place.

Coming up: New sprites for broken crockery and metal chunks, then a complete overhaul of metalworking introducing casting!

Board footer